Notices

Reccomendation... re:Rota, Advan, ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I concur with Fox..plus its time scion owners step there game up and stop buying these replicas
Old 09-20-2009, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do the words "save money" mean nothing anymore?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Evo-Z
Rota is ok for that price, not everyone can afford ADVAN!!!
just spend some money get the Advan lug nuts, and don't put center cap. it looks pretty real if u ask me...

Wow! So get Rota wheels and Advan lugs? You're just waiting for the flame wagon to appear.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats so bad about that? people usually use different brands of lugs regardless of the wheel. I do say get Advans but if you can care less about the name of the rim and respecting the hard work big companies..then get Rotas.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not hating on Rotas. I think they have some pretty nice looking rims. I just dont like what they stand for. There a company that rips off on other companies designs. Soon companies like Volk and Work will go bankrupt like Trust. Any who, the example you gave about buying a F430 for 300G compared to people buying a used one for 1/3 of the price is not a valid example in this situation. If you were to do that, you would still be feeding your money into the same company, however if you buy Rotas..its not a win win situation on both sides.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like Roja said "save money"

Anyone can save money..any one can buy Advans, Works, Volks, CCWs, BBS, and so on. Its about how bad you want it. No body needs these commodities, they only want them. When people say I can't afford this or that...well thats not really the case now is it? Its about them being impatient and undisciplined.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's also about perceived value, and that might eliminate entirely the impatience and discipline arguements. (Just speaking in general, not this specific example) While some people will respect that someone spent the big money to get the legit wheels, others will look at replicas which look 90% the same as the expensive ones for 1/3 the cost and say: "why would I ever pay the ridiculous cost of that brand when these look just like them?"

I'm personally not dedicated to either camp in this arguement, but can see the valid points in both arguments. Some people want to improve their cars look, but aren't interested in spending that big money to get it. If they can get the exact same look for something that is nominal in cost replica wheels make perfect sense.

The only problem I have in this argument is when people start spreading FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Distrust) to sway the uneducated to one side or the other. While it's always good to stand for what you believe in, you must also understand that your point of view is often not shared and others will stand as strongly for what you oppose as much as you support your own goals. (You as in the general you, not anyone specific here)

[Edit:] After re-reading my opening paragraph, I want to make clear that I'm not trying to call anyone out, but simply am aiming to provide an additional data point to the conversation. No offense intended.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:08 AM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Evo-Z
trust me dude, i go throw more than 10 sets of JDM wheels already. And i hate Rota as much as u do!!
I special ordered TE37 18x10.5 +15 for that super concave GTR-Face, then Rota come out some "Grid" looks the same in 90% people's eye~~
but that's how they do, and people will buy if it's cheaper. it's like u spend 300G to get a brand new F430, but u can't stop ppl buying some used ones for 1/3 what u pay, right?
Modify car is a Game, just different people in differnet level...

I think the point you're making here is a good one! If you buy a Ferrari at a 1/3 of theprice, you're still buying a Ferrari!

Agent 99, buy some used Advans from the subie forums! Don't buy the knockoff wheels if at all possible. You're just adding to the collapse of a well known and respected company in the automotive community.

Side Note - I'm not saying that i wouldn't buy cheaper wheels because i couldn't afford them. I personally would take more pride in waiting a few extra months or saving all winter to have the better, well-known brand and be able to say, "Yeah, they're ADVANS!"
Old 09-21-2009, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMGZZZZ

spend 400 for a set of rims and then 200 bucks for lug nuts.

EPIC FAIL.

where does that even make sense.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly!!! I could not agree more with you Ben. It's major FAIL.