10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I appologize if your buddy owns that Donk, I REALLY appologize,
Old 06-25-2007, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you seriously post that? are you a moron? has the entire discussion went in and been lost already?

you said, WAS THAT A JOKE to the post saying hey pollup dont get mad they just want to ride like us.

THAT SAYS TO ME THAT YOU THINK OUR CARS ARE A JOKE. Saying that our cars are not good enough to ride in. Spare me, please!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

**i wish i had popcorn while reading this thread**...lol....by the way pollup i kno watcha mean everyone bashes me for havin chrome rims instead of the oh so common racing rims.....!!!which i dont think there is nothing wrong with having!!!.....
Old 06-25-2007, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
did you seriously post that? are you a moron? has the entire discussion went in and been lost already?

you said, WAS THAT A JOKE to the post saying hey pollup dont get mad they just want to ride like us.

THAT SAYS TO ME THAT YOU THINK OUR CARS ARE A JOKE. Saying that our cars are not good enough to ride in. Spare me, please!
No. Most of us who spent $1500-2000+ on wheels and tires decided to get 18's and if we wanted to get 20's we could have. I could have gotten 20's in the same wheel for an extra $150. The majority of people with aftermarket wheels had enough to buy 20's but decided not to because of practicality and rubbing issues.

So making a comment to the affect of, we don't like the 20's because we want to be like you...I asked that question. See, I don't jump to conclusions, instead I wanted to make sure if he was being serious or making a sarcastic comment.

Do you get it now?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scotty
**i wish i had popcorn while reading this thread**...lol....by the way pollup i kno watcha mean everyone bashes me for havin chrome rims instead of the oh so common racing rims.....!!!which i dont think there is nothing wrong with having!!!.....
does having chrome rims affect your gas mileage? rubbing, offset, or having to roll your fenders? pollup is the one who bashed me for having chrome handles. For no other reason, than I wanted to know if someone was being sarcastic or serious on a comment they made. And that comment was to us for being jealous of people with 20" wheels. hahaha, please.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

....lol i looked at gettin the handles myself...but just decided against them i have nothing against chrome handles or big rims....it all depends on the setup...me myself i like the clean/sharp look....but i would throw a set of 20's on my car if i really liked them....i think pollup's car and the others that posted looks good with the 20's....some may say that the weight of having 18 chrome rims affects the performance but if so its very little and as pollup said it does matter wen ur pushin over 300whp....yes the tC is a fwd 4-banger and not a sports car but that doesnt mean it cant move.....and btw if i had a black tC i would have done it the way u did for the most part....
Old 06-25-2007, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

after looking over this thread, I noticed people feel the need to defend their choice in wheel size. Is this how threads on SL go? We're supposed to be able to post our views, or opinions on the topic without being bashed. Forum rules:

1. I will keep my posts relevant and helpful.
2. I will make sure that the forums are kept family-friendly.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

20's look great if clean and not ghetto, already stated that. My concerns are people are going to be more worried about looks and go out and buy 20's without understanding how it affects ride quality and performance. Most of the topics relevant to this issue are buried, so I brought up the issues with wheels above 18". And of course, people will take it personally and go on an attack. ough:ough:

I wanted to get the Konig Unknowns in 20's but after reading up on people having problems, decided not to. It sucks that people on here are trying to be informative and then are confronted with put downs.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here you go pimpin, your next custom
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...spagenameZWDVW

but on a real note please dont turn it around and try to make yourself the good guy. this thread was not started to be informative. 22's on a tc? the only information that thats providing was who has done this.

i posted opinions defending the rim size, and everyone has opinions. when others think its stupid, or a joke, of course folks are gonna get offended.

now you write the majority of people bought smaller then 20's because of the rubbing issues and praticality? ok practicality i can semi understand, but what rubbing issues? i have none. with a full turn radius. and i dont care if you jump to conclusions or not, im not you lol.

you were bashed for bashing once again..

"It sucks that people on here are trying to be informative and then are confronted with put downs."

So you've had 20's on your car? Or you going by what you read? Wow, i think i do have 20's on my car. Would that put me in the category of being able to state how 20's ride and possibly, and i mean possibly have a slight, and i mean slight bit of more knowledge on the subject? Im sorry if this offends you your highness, i know how women are, always right. Typical.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ROFL at this thread
Old 06-25-2007, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone have different taste
in fact i like how that rim color matches BCP
theres no point of arguing about their own taste
Old 06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

one day, the two are going to meet each other, without knowing who each other is, and fall in love and marry, and then...

one night, they will both try to log in into SL

...and it will be like the dinner scene from Mr & Mrs Smith
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by foreverandaminute
one day, the two are going to meet each other, without knowing who each other is, and fall in love and marry, and then...

one night, they will both try to log in into SL

...and it will be like the dinner scene from Mr & Mrs Smith
lol
Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 AM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NoLimitzInc
Yeah 20's on a tC are way to big. I mean how can you run that car like that everyday or how can you lower it that much without damaging stuff... Oh wait I did it for 2 years...

I have wanted those wheels for so long!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ilovemytC
IMO, 20"s look sweet on show cars only. If I see someone rollin' around with big rims, they'd better be clean otherwise they look like poop. As a daily driver, 20"s are just not practical.
again, 20's look fine but if they are not taken care of then you're asking for people to "hey look at my big butt dirty wheels!". I love them at shows.

Originally Posted by ilovemytC
20's look great if clean and not ghetto, already stated that. My concerns are people are going to be more worried about looks and go out and buy 20's without understanding how it affects ride quality and performance. Most of the topics relevant to this issue are buried, so I brought up the issues with wheels above 18". And of course, people will take it personally and go on an attack. ough:ough:

I wanted to get the Konig Unknowns in 20's but after reading up on people having problems, decided not to. It sucks that people on here are trying to be informative and then are confronted with put downs.
Back when I was searching for what wheel size, yes the majority of people who have anything above 18" had problems with tire rubbing and camber.

I live in WA state, so the roads around here are nothing like city roads, especially during the winter months when things get nasty.

A lot depends on road conditions and driving habits, but my car IS a daily driver, so I do not feel like having to deal with complications especially since I'm lowered on Hotchkis.

When it comes to wheels & tires, yeah I'm going with practicality. good gas mileage. performance (ride quality & safety).
Old 06-28-2007, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im just sayin....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...spagenameZWD1V

Old 06-28-2007, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pollup
I dunno, looks crooked. You got a better pic of the scoop?

Old 06-28-2007, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

....*OUCH*....tough love!