Notices

Stock Rim Weight???

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

So if I weigh them on my digital bathroom scale and post pictures of the combo being 45lbs how would you feel?

Sorry that I trust a manufacturing scale more than your $20 scale from walmart.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:35 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

alright man. You are correct, they weigh 45 lbs.

I am not going to argue about this. That would just make this thread like every other thread on this site. As a matter of fact I think I am about done with scion life. The last few days have killed my desire to post on here.

No one can ever be right with out some one else complaing about it. So if you want to argue the acuracy of a scale and a photograph have at it. But until you have personally weighed a rim or proven someones posting wrong lay off.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
alright man. You are correct, they weigh 45 lbs.

I am not going to argue about this. That would just make this thread like every other thread on this site. As a matter of fact I think I am about done with scion life. The last few days have killed my desire to post on here.

No one can ever be right with out some one else complaing about it. So if you want to argue the acuracy of a scale and a photograph have at it. But until you have personally weighed a rim or proven someones posting wrong lay off.
Why do you even bother bro............It's just not worth it
Old 12-24-2005, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Someone asked the weight of the wheels, you posted your measured weight and I posted the weight as specified by the manufacturer of the wheels. You started arguing that your weight must be correct simply because you have a picture of it on a bathroom scale, to which I stated that no two scales are the same and simply asked if you had calibrated your scale prior to weighing the wheels. For all we know your scale could sit at -5lbs at rest (not uncommon with analog scales by the way). If other board members want to accept your weight, far be it for me to stop them, but this board is about sharing information which is all I was trying to do.

Sigh...by the way, the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel. We're talking about wheel weight here, not rim weight.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually samplespirit is correct, bathroom scales tend to weigh less than normal to make people seem lighter than they are. If you ever weigh yourself then go striaght to the doctor and weigh on theirs, I promise you will be heavier at the doc. It's all about margin of error. On our basic home scales they have a horrible margin of error. A wheel manufacturer cannot have much margin of error at all. If this is the actual manu data, it is correct. Do not feel as if you can prove millions of dollars wrong with a simple $20 home scale. Thats just silly. If you wanna post information as fact you need to be able to back it up. Poor testing will prove nothing.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Well some people do care that misinformation isnt spread wildly. If you wanna make your research/opinion public then expect resistance. This is the way of the world, not forums. Dont think you can simply expect the world to take you as proof when you have no known credentials. Fact is from proven data in multiple testing in multiple control groups. Not one simple test.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nfiniti9
Originally Posted by Munch
Well some people do care that misinformation isnt spread wildly. If you wanna make your research/opinion public then expect resistance. This is the way of the world, not forums. Dont think you can simply expect the world to take you as proof when you have no known credentials. Fact is from proven data in multiple testing in multiple control groups. Not one simple test.
And do I really give a crap..................................HELLS NO You're barking up the wrong tree bro .
Old 12-24-2005, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tis why you even bothered posting eh? Glad you had better things to do ;)
Old 05-14-2009, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I weighed mine on a digital bathroom scale so it has to be more accurate than analog. Pic is coming as soon as I find my smart card adapter. Digital scale says 46.4 lbs tire & wheel. And I put a 5lb weight on it and it said 4.9 lbs so actual tire + wheel weight would be 46.5 lbs. kthxbye

P.S. My vent fan was on and the window open so whatever difference that would have made.... .2 mph suction from the fan, maybe another .5-.8 mpg draft coming in the window, so I'm not sure what that would mean...

P.P.S. I don't have stock rims or a digital scale. I just like to add to the chaos

You guys are too funny =)
Old 05-14-2009, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

P.P.P.S this thread is 3 1/2 years old
Old 05-14-2009, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KraXxuS
I weighed mine on a digital bathroom scale so it has to be more accurate than analog. Pic is coming as soon as I find my smart card adapter. Digital scale says 46.4 lbs tire & wheel. And I put a 5lb weight on it and it said 4.9 lbs so actual tire + wheel weight would be 46.5 lbs. kthxbye

P.S. My vent fan was on and the window open so whatever difference that would have made.... .2 mph suction from the fan, maybe another .5-.8 mpg draft coming in the window, so I'm not sure what that would mean...

P.P.S. I don't have stock rims or a digital scale. I just like to add to the chaos

You guys are too funny =)
and it came back to you . hahah
Old 05-16-2009, 09:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lmao I found this thread in a search and was just curious so I clicked. I never looked @ the date hahaha
Old 05-16-2009, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i thought the tire/wheel combo are 43lbs?

Edit: wOOt
Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Getting new rims. Tires are mounted before shipping. Shipping weight of 1 package is 41.7 lbs. So even if the lugs for each rim are in each box, or the box itself weighs a few ounces, I'm under stock weight at least by a bit.

"w00t!" for me also