Notices

TE37 centercaps does not fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TE37 centercaps does not fit

I'm helping out a friend who owns a 2008 tC. He just bought a set of brand new 17 inch te37's and the flat centercaps that came with them wouldnt fit the front wheels because of the nut that is sticking out in the middle. I'm guessing its because he is running +48 offsets? He is wanting to purchase some Volks Racing CF centercaps but not until he solves this problem.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the wheels offset wouldn't matter, although what you could do is get spacers to push the wheel out more so it doesn't hit the axle nut.

I would get them either way, +48 is weak! lol
Old 07-30-2009, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlizZard
the wheels offset wouldn't matter, although what you could do is get spacers to push the wheel out more so it doesn't hit the axle nut.

I would get them either way, +48 is weak! lol
haha yeah. I told him that spacers could solve the problem but I wasnt sure. I'll probably tell him to get 10mm or 15mm spacers. btw the axle nut sticks out about 2 inches according to him. I cant really tell from the pictures he sent me through my phone.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

his offset is the problem... if he was 35 it would be fine... tell him to sell the caps and buy covers for the axles at lowes in the plastic cap section for the bottom of chairs... /problem
Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
his offset is the problem... if he was 35 it would be fine...
are you sure pete? if he got a 35, it would just make the wheel more concave...it wouldn't give it more backspacing, would it?
Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

te37s dont come concave in our bolt pattern, plus the +35 would push the hub area forward to make up for the offset and face design....

http://t3hclap.com/Photos/Feature/Bi...llTE3722mm.jpg

look above.. you'll see it is semi concave but the area around the lugs is very thick and pushed forward... theres more metal there which pushes that area out on a 35mm... in his case since the offset is so high there is no cancave so less material is used and the area is not so thick (i hope u know what i mean by that lol)

his best option is yea like mentioned above... to get the larger caps
Old 07-30-2009, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

te37s dont come concave in our bolt pattern, plus the +35 would push the hub area forward to make up for the offset and face design....

http://t3hclap.com/Photos/Feature/Bi...llTE3722mm.jpg

look above.. you'll see it is semi concave but the area around the lugs is very thick and pushed forward... theres more metal there which pushes that area out on a 35mm... in his case since the offset is so high there is no cancave so less material is used and the area is not so thick (i hope u know what i mean by that lol)

his best option is yea like mentioned above... to get the larger caps
I understand what you're talking about the high offset that he has but not how larger caps would work. If anything I'll tell him to get the spacers since he really wants some volks cf centercaps... unless you can find them larger?
Old 07-30-2009, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, I get you! The mounting surface just gets thicker on the te37s......blah!!! i don't like that...

mucho gracias for the explanation lol
Old 07-30-2009, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B1uEsC1uEs
I understand what you're talking about the high offset that he has but not how larger caps would work. If anything I'll tell him to get the spacers since he really wants some volks cf centercaps... unless you can find them larger?

Here's a pic of Pete's car with the larger caps his talking about, notice how it covers up the ugly axle nut
Name:  DSC02460-r.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  87.8 KB

and the spacers won't work, trust me you don't want to run 50mm spacers lol
Old 07-30-2009, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B1uEsC1uEs
volk DOES sell caps that are longer (larger) to compensate for the high offset and the axle spine that sticks out of the te37... they also sell the small version of the cap also... if he wants caps he just needs the longer larger ones..
or he can do what i did above like blizzard posted and pay only 4 bucks and it looks just as nice
Old 07-30-2009, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

volk DOES sell caps that are longer (larger) to compensate for the high offset and the axle spine that sticks out of the te37... they also sell the small version of the cap also... if he wants caps he just needs the longer larger ones..
or he can do what i did above like blizzard posted and pay only 4 bucks and it looks just as nice
Cool, thanks guys. I'll advise him that and if anything else, I'll jump back to this thread. Thanks again to all of you.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like pete said you need to get a set of the "high" style center caps that volk makes. i had the same problem with my GT-P center caps as they came with the "low" style center caps.