Notices

Tire Pressure Recalibration...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 04:11 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another thing for n00bs to notice, is that if their "style" annoys some folks, those folks tend not to be as helpful to them. I know that oftentimes if a question comes from someone who can't spell, punctuate, and capitalize correctly (or is to lazy to bother) I don't give a good, detailed technical response as I would to someone able to properly communicate. I guess I figure it would just be a waste. In fact, often I don't reply at all...

There is value to communicating well. Not only can others more readily understand what you're saying, they tend to respond more completely and coherently, too.

The ones I absolutely refuse to respond to, though, are the "i TyPe ThIs WaY jUsT tO aNnOy PeOpLe EvEn ThOuGh It TaKeS mOrE tImE aNd EfFoRt To dO sO" types.

(I also tend to ignore the "can u say y my car seems 2 b running ruf?" sort. Why bother to answer if they don't consider it worth asking in something approaching English?)

The all caps types I will often edit to all lower case, and drop them a polite note not to type in all caps per the site rules. If they do it again I warn, because being polite didn't get their attention.

n00bs come back (or not) because the site and the interactions with others in the community are worth it. Very, very few won't come back simply because someone asked them to please follow the rules.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. But sometimes I kind of come from a place where I understand we are the culmination of our experiences and our "intention" becomes paramount.

Sometimes the folk who can't spell or generally interact as folk who use complish, come from a better place than those who spell correctly and use the King's English to demonstrate superiority. I was merely teasing SciontCya because he ought to be a mod by now ;) and as such, should be encouraging folk to return by not calling them idiots....

jmo
Old 08-25-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by surfcity40
Yeah, I know what you mean. But sometimes I kind of come from a place where I understand we are the culmination of our experiences and our "intention" becomes paramount.

Sometimes the folk who can't spell or generally interact as folk who use complish, come from a better place than those who spell correctly and use the King's English to demonstrate superiority. I was merely teasing SciontCya because he ought to be a mod by now ;) and as such, should be encouraging folk to return by not calling them idiots....

jmo
Where did I call them idiots, you idiot!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(Quick question. If we can't call the idiots 'idiots' what is the politically correct term to use instead?) :D

Tom
Old 08-25-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
(Quick question. If we can't call the idiots 'idiots' what is the politically correct term to use instead?) :D

Tom
I like idiots. Not much for PC.

Now Tomas, I'm calling you out in public. I never heard a thing about the CDs I sent to you...

Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Team Echo
SL Member

Well I heard about the sensor issue when I bought my tC, but didn't realize the difference with the 07.

Needless to say this puts a crimp in my thoughts of keeping my stocks for winter, but getting a new set of transmitters is probably cheaper than swapping back and forth every season between 2 sets of wheels, no?

Whats the average price on mounting /balancing now a days?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:30 PM

Okay okay. I have a 2008 tC which I just purchased yesterday. So if I were to swap out rims I'd have to buy the new rims and tires (not mounted) and then go to the dealership's service center and have them swap out all this tire pressure sensor stuff? Please clarify...I've been reading this thread and now I'm confused.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

to my understanding these sensors do not work on all rims. so you'll have to make sure that they do.
also i read that some of Toyota rims wont work with this set-up.

Im sure some rim companies will find a solution to this but that might be awhile. if not already done so.

If anything i see more 07+ tc's owners painting rims only.

Also about the inspections, according to the tire industry association:
"In states that require a vehicle inspection, non-operational TPMS will likely cause a vehicle to fail."

Also I'm going to start on making a TPMS List that will tell you if you'll pass inspection and etc.. And maybe we can make a list of after market rims that will work with 07+ Tc's TPMS.
Just a thought.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is the angle of the valve stem wheel outlet that matters in the newer version. Needs to be 90 degrees.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:17 AM

hey i hav an 07 tc and my sensor light was staying on too, i kept pushing the reset button after refilling my tires but nothing would happen.....turns out u need to turn ur car on, hold the button for like 5-7 seconds, then turn ur car off....turn it back on and the light should go away, at least mine did!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

so if i wanna buy these sensors for my new rims where do i go to that? i dont want to have to swap out the sensor twice a year every year (from winter rims to summer rims, and back). Can i get them at any tire store or are they vehicle specific?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok how do we find out what rims will work with this stupid system? just call the dealership? i have 18" adr spades btw if anyone knos if they work
Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Strike1370
hey i hav an 07 tc and my sensor light was staying on too, i kept pushing the reset button after refilling my tires but nothing would happen.....turns out u need to turn ur car on, hold the button for like 5-7 seconds, then turn ur car off....turn it back on and the light should go away, at least mine did!
can anyone else confirm that this works?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

does the spare have a tpms
Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kovz34
Originally Posted by Strike1370
can anyone else confirm that this works?
I'll give that a try later
Old 06-26-2009, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This post is really old but I thought I'd chime in. I've had a set of Axis Super Hiro's on my 2007 for about a year now. Just yesterday, the TPMS light came on. I did not have the sensors swapped. I have driven roughly 10k miles with no light then all of a sudden it wants to come on.... WTF? I'll de-solder the damn thing before I have to look at it any longer.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 11-06-2009, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone figure out how to disable the light so I don't have to switch these sensors into the new wheels?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The sensors don't need to be migrate from your OEM rims
to your new ones. But disabling that little light is illegal.

At least, no licensed professional is allowed to turn it off.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well right now I just put a piece of black tape over the dash to cover the light from my eyes, lol.

I am not a licensed professional and have no use for a TPS system, I can visual check tires on my own. I'm dont care if it's illegal to remove or not, if there is a way, I want to do it... hehe

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Recalibration...