Notices

Toyo Proxes 4 on [url]www.edgeracing.com[/url]

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am only trying to save people from making a mistake . Spect2K3 said it . That is bad advice . I am calm . Why not go out and have some fun for all of us . Get some touring tires . Out em on . Come back and tell us what great advice it was . The car is built with performance tires in mind . Change from ANY type of performance tire to a touring tire or other normal tire will cause poor handling and may cause an accident . In your case , a wreck . My advice is for those who care . YHou obviously do not so , do not address me again please . I tried to help .
Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Falkor.. I was only joking around with you, maybe I should've put more silly faces in there to express that.

Of course we all know that touring tires wouldn't be as good as high-performance (albeit all-season high performance) tires like the proxes4. No one is suggesting getting touring tires, that would be a big mistake. And yeah, the tC would handle terribly. But another thing to keep in mind is just because a tire says it's "high performance" doesn't really mean it is. Look at the original tires on the tC, the RE92 Bridgestones. They actually call those high performance, and they're far from it. And lots of tC owners with those terrible stock tires ended up in accidents too.. So a so-called "High-performance" tire can be taken with a grain of salt. The basis for it's performance should be just that, how it performs.

What's great is that the Toyo Proxes4 is a great high-performance tire. And it performs very, very well on the tC. It's why I have, and others, recommended it to everyone who wants great tires on the tC.

And yeah for the newbies, hope they can read this and know what to put on their car to perform how the tC should perform.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

lol thanks mich. He clearly didn't understand that I wasn't telling him to get passenger all-seasons, but I was simply making a comparison of treadlife. Simply saying that the non performance tires last longer. Of course the tC needs performance tires, but they can not be expected to last nearly as long as a non performance tire.

sciontc_mich and I are big supporters of the proxes 4s, they are just a great tire, it can't be said enough.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

UPDATE

Ordered last Sunday I believe, tires arrived in 4 days. Fast shipping. Great service..and price was right on the money (no pun intended) Overall very pleased. Haven't gotten them mounted yet as I've been really busy. I'd recommend these guys to anybody.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey spect2k3, no problem! Glad to help clear up the story!

Nauticac- awesome, so you got the proxes4! What size did you go with?
Old 02-11-2007, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
hey spect2k3, no problem! Glad to help clear up the story!

Nauticac- awesome, so you got the proxes4! What size did you go with?
I did end up going with the 225/45's. I wanted to feel a little more substantial on the road and I liked the thought of having a little extra tire on the road..
Old 02-11-2007, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

you'll LOVE em!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered Thursday afternoon (around 4pm Central). Got the initial email, but never got a ship notification. I guess I'll give them a call on Monday and see what's going on...
Old 02-12-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey we'll have a tC Toyo Proxes4 club soon! if we keep this up.. lol
Old 02-12-2007, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok called them up and they'd shipped on Friday... just must have been a transcription error on my email so I didn't get one... they'll be here Wednesday.

Sweet :D
Old 02-12-2007, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

glad to hear you got that sorted out!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good! Let us know what ya think when you get them put on your tC!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Another update:

FINALLY! Got the tires mounted on the stock wheels today. Wow is all I have to say. I couldn't ask for better. The tire is quiet, and is very responsive under all driving conditions.

For those that didn't follow the thread from the beginning: I bumped up the tire size to a 225 width from the stock 215 size. The sidewall is about 2 tenths of an inch larger, doesn't look as nice but since the 45 is in relation to the width, I expected it. I can't take pics as I'm as school and don't have access to a camera. Don't get me wrong, they still look great on the car, even after some shining monkey

Overall great buy and I'm glad I made the purchase that I did. Highly recommended.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey nauticac-
Glad we're able to guide ya to a good tire! also glad you're enjoying the Proxes4. It's funny, like Spect2k3 and I have turned into a sort of "Club Proxes4" in believing how good these are. guess we'll have to add you to that club now too. I just like how well balanced they are. They do everything well. It's rare to find a tire that is like that. Especially in a low profile like we have!

Thanks for the update. Oh and in about 300-400 miles, they will "break-in". Seriously. They do break in and then they get a little better. Crazy to think but i've seen it.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry, Im a rook here, um, when it comes to hard cornering and quick, sporty cornerning, which would be better, a 215 or 225 profile tire? I know with my stocks now that when a do hard cornering that the tires tend to sound like their grinding into the ground, kinda normal I guess since they werent really designed that way.... any suggestions?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

amdforever, I will recommend going with the 225 over the 215. You'll be getting an extra half in per tire to the road width wise. For hard cornering I'd go with the wider size. However, if hard cornering is your thing I also suggest looking into some suspension components such as lowering springs/sway bars.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool, thanks for the help. So will 225s still fit my stock rims? You mentioned they were wider width wise so would that increase from the stock 7" I believe? As for the lowering springs and sway bars, I've been keeping my eye out for forums on those I think I have a good idea of what I'm gonna get, but for struts, it seems like most tC owners go with either Tein or HKS I think it was. So I'm gonna look into those more, but thinks for the headsup, its appreciated.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You can fit the 225s on the stock rims without any difficulty. Lowering springs aren't going to affect anything having to do with the tires (unless of course you are throwing on bigger rims). I'm on trds, I know people running TP4 running hotchkis, running tein, etc. Not to worry

At what PSI are you all running your TP4?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so, from what website did you order your toyo proxes 4 from?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stephen6119
so, from what website did you order your toyo proxes 4 from?
its in the title of the thread. www.edgeracing.com instead of buying some toyo's....i got some falken zeix's. either way that site has great prices and was shipped to my door in 1 day. FL to FL though.