Notices

Toyo Proxes 4 on stock rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Toyo Proxes 4 on stock rims

so, since there's about 3 new threads every week about what new tires to get on the stock rims, I thought I'd just make a new thread of my own instead of adding to one of these 30.

I got a set of Toyo Proxes 4 225s, per Spect2k3 and others' recommendation, put on my car yesterday. Can't really give you a review of their performance, but I can show their appearance when compared to the 215 stock tires. Something Spect didn't do much of

I'm not the biggest fan of the size of the sidewall, but they still look pretty sweet to me. However, I almost always felt like my stock tires were flat when I was parked and the tires were turned out. The Proxes 4 also make the rims look smaller.
I have the TRD lowering springs, and these tires do fill up the wheel well much better.

I ordered these Thursday morning for just over $500. They were overnighted, and I had them installed yesterday afternoon.

And imagine this. There's also another BSP tC parked in my parking lot. So, I snapped a few pics of its stock tires for comparison.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

good deal, where'd you get them from? Give us some reviews as in i want to know how quiet and comfortable they are along with wet weather.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice another one for SL's team Toyo!
Old 06-24-2007, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the welcome to the club. :D

i bought them at a local tire shop. Peoria Plaza.
their main claim to fame is this large bikini woman (vanna whitewall) out front. she appears that she held a flag or something at one time. They also have a skirt and top for colder seasons.

anyways. i was going to order them off of edge racing if peoria plaza couldn't order these. but, they could and did it for less and over night delivery.

so far, they grip real good. it rained yesterday, and i didn't feel like i lost any traction. i can tell the difference with my stock tires, even though those were close to shot. but, with steering, especially, there seems to be a little more feel with the road.

i have been getting around 28-29 mpg. with these proxes 4, i'll have to see what my mileage goes to now. last fillup was 28.8 on the old tires.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I got these too. Ride is way better than stock. Feels smoother and quieter. I got mine from Town Fair tire and they price match anything. So I found these online and got them price matched.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

keesh what part u at?how much from clown fair tire? u goto newington?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad everyone is loving the Proxes4. For a long time, I've been an advocate for them. Glad everyone listened to us who supported the proxes4 and that I believed was a good fit for the tC!! It has excellent dry/wet grip, handling, braking, but doesn't give anything up in the ride/comfort department!

Also- glad everyone is seeing how good they are! go Toyo Proxes4 Team tC!

edit: Yeah I will bet you won't notice any drop in fuel economy. I didn't see any difference. I think it's because if you look at the weight, they're less than other tires out there for the same size. Less weight = less rotating mass = more mpg.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im getting my proxes4 put on the tC tomorrow morning.. i will post pics after
Old 06-26-2007, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by atodak
keesh what part u at?how much from clown fair tire? u goto newington?
i'm in nashua. any town fair tire will price match. how ever they add on the mounting and balancing fee on top of the tire price. if you go there careful with the extra stuff they try and make u pay for. they give u a bunch of lifetime services which i got by accident but i guess it's not so bad. it was a little less that $600 for me. includes lifetime flat tire repair, life time snow tire swap, and some other ____ i can't remember.