Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

possible 2011 tC Release Series 7.0??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well it's good to hear that everyone likes the fact that the R.S comes in a specific color (or at least those who responded). Like Dave said though, there is a new Supercharger being tested and I've suggested plenty of times that they make an R.S Supercharged. With that said, who would buy a Yellow Supercharged tC for $23,750? haha.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^2,000 people that like yellow? Most likely won't get the response you're looking for though for obvious reasons.

EDIT: That would probably be OTD pricing right, after financing, etc.?

Last edited by dropzone; 01-08-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by kahsperr
Well it's good to hear that everyone likes the fact that the R.S comes in a specific color (or at least those who responded). Like Dave said though, there is a new Supercharger being tested and I've suggested plenty of times that they make an R.S Supercharged. With that said, who would buy a Yellow Supercharged tC for $23,750? haha.
I would buy that for $20,995.00

edit: with the $720 delivery fee included in that price...
Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Yellow would be horrendous
Old 01-08-2011, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's also been done already lol, xB RS 2.0, Solar Yellow. Can't repeat colors right lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah yellow not so much it worked on the xb but not feelin it on the tc but the supercharger idea isnt to bad lol
Old 01-08-2011, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Don't count on the supercharger people it won't happen!!! So stop talking about it. The car will be out in 4-5 months the supercharger probably 12-16 months. Not to mention they won't do that.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

supercharger = fail of boost
Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lucytheshedevil
supercharger = fail of boost
Ummmm....no.

Superchargers serve a different purpose/goal then turbo, but it's not a "fail of boost".

For motorsports I'd much rather have a supercharger then a turbo. Power at all ranges in the power band rather then when it spools.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart

i highly doubt any new Release Series is going to be made with it starting back at 1.0..
they didn't do it to the 2nd gen xB.. so why would they do it for the 2nd gen tC??

it'll be #7
I totally forgot about the xB. Then I was thinking about how all the RS 1s were red. Until now I realized RS 1 xD is orange. I'm STILL thinking the xD should be xA (when technically it is!) Way to go me, especially since orange was my marketing answer to a question that was asked from a marketing agency for Toyota back in '06 when I was interviewed while owning my xA. LOL How can someone forget about something that personal? ME!! lol

Are we 100% sure that a S/C is coming out?? I figured Toyota learned their lesson; selling S/Cs that were too expensive, unreliable, and also failing emissions?

Even if they did its not something that's going to change my mind about buying one; I still going to getting my Lexus IS 350 in a year. lol
Old 01-08-2011, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
Don't count on the supercharger people it won't happen!!! So stop talking about it. The car will be out in 4-5 months the supercharger probably 12-16 months. Not to mention they won't do that.
They def. won't produce anything of the sort for the first Release Series. However, I know for a fact that the idea has been considered. Lets here some other suggestions that I can pass along.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1stOne
Ummmm....no.

Superchargers serve a different purpose/goal then turbo, but it's not a "fail of boost".

For motorsports I'd much rather have a supercharger then a turbo. Power at all ranges in the power band rather then when it spools.

Let me rephrase cuz superchargers serve a purpose, on muscle cars. They are aweful on imports. I had it on my previous tC and could not wait to get rid of it. And turbos have much more power than a supercharger could ever wish to see. Waste of money for what you get. But to each their own
Old 01-09-2011, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by kahsperr
They def. won't produce anything of the sort for the first Release Series. However, I know for a fact that the idea has been considered. Lets here some other suggestions that I can pass along.
toyota would never release the supercharger for a release series, as a matter of fact if you purchase the supercharger at time of purchase toyota wont even let you finance it with the car, what makes you think they will put it on a special edition car and finance it for them but not other people?

Originally Posted by XPRESSCION
I totally forgot about the xB. Then I was thinking about how all the RS 1s were red. Until now I realized RS 1 xD is orange. I'm STILL thinking the xD should be xA (when technically it is!) Way to go me, especially since orange was my marketing answer to a question that was asked from a marketing agency for Toyota back in '06 when I was interviewed while owning my xA. LOL How can someone forget about something that personal? ME!! lol

Are we 100% sure that a S/C is coming out?? I figured Toyota learned their lesson; selling S/Cs that were too expensive, unreliable, and also failing emissions?

Even if they did its not something that's going to change my mind about buying one; I still going to getting my Lexus IS 350 in a year. lol
RS1 tC = Red
RS1 xA = Red
RS1 xB = Orange
RS1 xD = Orange.

and yes 100% sure toyota is coming out with a NEW supercharger for the 2gen tC, it will be a completely different type of supercharger probably closer to the style used on the Tundra and 3.5l V6's and will probably produce slightly more power then the 1gen tC. they are still in R&D for it thats why i said it'll probably be out next year.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^RS 6 xB2=Absolutely Red (second year of the model though)

x2 on the supercharger to not be able to be financed, most likely the same will happen with the tC2. Anyone have any idea why the S/C is not able to be financed with the car?

Name:  RELEASE60.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  83.7 KB
http://trdsparks.com/displayparts.ph...&parts_id=2636

Last edited by dropzone; 01-09-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: \/Absolutely Red is the color, added sources\/
Old 01-09-2011, 08:16 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

RS1.0 xB and xD = Hot Lava... yea.. i just had to say the correct color because i'm OCD about stuff like that.. along with the Absolute Red... not "Absolutely Red"..

Toyota like to recycle colors... even the RS4.0 xB's torched penny was a Maziora paint offered in JDM Toyota vehicles.

yes.. our xD is the new IST over in Japan... and why Scion didn't keep the xA name then!?! when they decided to first recycle the xB name and now the tC? who the hell knows...

where the xD truly still has the only connection to the IST name.. the 2nd gen xB over here.. is not the same as Japan's new bB... instead.. our xB... is a Corolla over there.. and the tC is the Zelas..

again... another... i need to scratch my head as to what someone up there was thinking.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol
Old 01-10-2011, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My vote for an RS 7.0 would be either Hot Lava orange (which has already been an RS color) Torched Penny (already done and unusual but cool) or Spruce Mica. As far as reasonable other options, maybe TRD exhaust, 19 inch rims and color matched interior. RS cars also usually have something that can't be had on other base models, like a grill, or special body kit. I could go for a tasteful body kit or a blacked out mesh grill as well.

I know there will never be a "TRD Edition" of the TC as awesome as it would be. Springs, Shocks, Sway Bar, Rims, Big Brakes, Intake, Supercharger. That would be a $25,000 to $30,000 car.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Thermos2003
My vote for an RS 7.0 would be either Hot Lava orange (which has already been an RS color) Torched Penny (already done and unusual but cool) or Spruce Mica. As far as reasonable other options, maybe TRD exhaust, 19 inch rims and color matched interior. RS cars also usually have something that can't be had on other base models, like a grill, or special body kit. I could go for a tasteful body kit or a blacked out mesh grill as well.

I know there will never be a "TRD Edition" of the TC as awesome as it would be. Springs, Shocks, Sway Bar, Rims, Big Brakes, Intake, Supercharger. That would be a $25,000 to $30,000 car.
Thanks for the good feedback. I think everyone else is too hung up on what Toyota can and can't do vs. what would really make them purchase a Release Series.

This is the debate in the office.

* Are release series vehicles still valuable to Scion buyers?
* In 2011 (our current market) what options will future R.S owners perceive as valuable?
* Ultimately, should we continue producing the R.S?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
toyota would never release the supercharger for a release series, as a matter of fact if you purchase the supercharger at time of purchase toyota wont even let you finance it with the car, what makes you think they will put it on a special edition car and finance it for them but not other people?
This is off topic. However, you would be able to finance the supercharger as a part of a special edition or release series due to the fact that it would be factory installed. At the factory, it will have to be tested for emissions and will receive a different model code as well. Toyota cannot finance the cold air intake nor the supercharger because of emissions. The fact that someone can finance their supercharger on an R.S would def. make purchasing an R.S more desireable then having to come up with the cash to purchase the SC separately on a regular model.

I never certified that the supercharger would be installed on a release series, I'm just trying to get the idea ball rolling. The concept of this thread is what and what if in regard to the future of our beloved release series.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Regarding the forced induction, I'd love to see Toyota take one from Subaru and develop a factory turbo. I'd kill for a turbo, but really like my warranty...

As for an RS, I'd like to see:
Body - Blacked out with super black paint, black rims, smoked head/tail lights, pedestal rear wing, possibly body graphics, STANDARD dual reverse lights
Interior - Sound system upgrade (sub-woofer), changeable interior light colors (cluster, enviro controls, etc), standard bluetooth, XM and back-up camera
Performance - exhaust (move it, make it dual tip, etc), lowering springs, brakes (red), intake (in that order of priority)
Maybe even add a special look for the key fob... All at a price point under $25K

And for those of you who think I'm asking for BS stuff, think of this. Many tC drivers are "more about show than go" and the folks who would buy this are the ones who want the custom look without the custom work. All these changes can be done by Toyota without much cost (paint the current rims black, different muffler, etc) and keeping reliability, but will definitely make the car stand out from the rest.

Last edited by MightyP; 01-10-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Forgot mentioning the reverse lights!

Quick Reply: possible 2011 tC Release Series 7.0??