Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Side Mirror Blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 06:43 PM

Default Side Mirror Blinkers

I want to change the leds inside my side mirror blinkers, I know this can be done but I have no idea how.
Can any one post pic or a video to do this step by step?
Also I want to change them to blue I'm pretty sure it's illegal so has anyone done this and gotten in trouble with the cops about it?
Old 06-23-2013, 08:44 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...&postcount=962
Old 06-24-2013, 03:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheDarkGnome
I want to change the leds inside my side mirror blinkers, I know this can be done but I have no idea how.
Can any one post pic or a video to do this step by step?
Also I want to change them to blue I'm pretty sure it's illegal so has anyone done this and gotten in trouble with the cops about it?
I don't understand why people have this "urge" to change their Driving lights, that are universal that everyone understands and obeys by traffic laws. I've been pulling people over left and right in the last few weeks for blue headlights, turn tail lights, blue reverse lights, blue turn lights. Why not just leave the "things you need to drive your car legally" and safely alone?

Yes, I am scolding you because its stupid.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^
Totally agreed. It's illegal...but more importantly, it's just straight tacky. I don't know anyone that would look at a car with blue blinkers or headlights and say "damn that's cool".
Old 06-25-2013, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Same goes for HIDs, or blacking out tailights. They don't increase visibility. They're just annoying for other drivers. Its stupid.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another thing to think about, if you make a turn with blue turn lights. Lets say I run directly into you, clearly it could of been my fault, but legally insurance will blame you due to wrong colors of lights. I've seen claims lose due to blacked tail lights. *i couldn't see them braking* bam, your at fault. Same applies to blue turn lights.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ashtc2
Same goes for HIDs, or blacking out tailights. They don't increase visibility. They're just annoying for other drivers. Its stupid.
I agree with this to a point. I have no problem with HIDs in the 4500 range because they are white and can increase visibility. But the people who put in 8000-1000k are annoying. They add no advantages and look extremely ugly.

And for what biglilsteve said, i agree 100%. i have never seen purple headlights or blue blinkers and have though, "WOW! that is soooooo cool". its usually more like, "WOW!!! what a D-bag"
Old 06-26-2013, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha well said man.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 PM

well..1)...everyone makes a good point. in that its horribly ugly, illegal, and you'll look like a 12 year old who just saw fast and the furious.

and B) it is your car, and your personal taste matters. so in order to change the side mirrors you need to first buy a second tC, and remove the flux capacitor. (your tC already has one, but you need two in order to make it work properly)

put the FC in your trunk and it will automatically install itself. Then, spray paint your mirrors/lights blue, and voila. now they are blue.

Disclaimer -- this might not work.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member

^haha nice.

When i decide to do any modification to my car (cosmetic) i stop and think the ultimate question that every one should ask themselves in the same situation, is this classy or tacky. If you have to think about it too long then its probably tacky.

Stay classy (sandiago)
Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by punch10001
I agree with this to a point. I have no problem with HIDs in the 4500 range because they are white and can increase visibility. But the people who put in 8000-1000k are annoying. They add no advantages and look extremely ugly.

And for what biglilsteve said, i agree 100%. i have never seen purple headlights or blue blinkers and have though, "WOW! that is soooooo cool". its usually more like, "WOW!!! what a D-bag"
agree with you guys so much, i have 5000k and i dont think the visibility is good enough, i want close to OEM as possible with HIDs so I ordered 4500k hids and will never go back to regular bulbs after driving my parents cars and cant see anything with the regular halogens and i personally think anything above 6000k are absolutely awful
Old 07-03-2013, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

..... I'll never understand why people take it so damn personally when someone wants to change their light colours. The only ones I find distracting are the purple/pink colours.

I ran 8000K HID headlights and foglights in my '07 Tacoma for years. Increased visibility huge! Besides, they are basically white with just a slight hue of blue to them. Worked and looked great. Never hurt my eyes and I ran at night for hours.

Different coloured turn signals on the other hand is odd, and I would advise against it personally because people are generally trained to recognize the blinking yellows. Don't be amazed if people don't allow you to merge as easy because they straight out are not seeing the new light colour because they haven't trained themselves to recognize it.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrokenTusk
..... I'll never understand why people take it so damn personally when someone wants to change their light colours. The only ones I find distracting are the purple/pink colours.

I ran 8000K HID headlights and foglights in my '07 Tacoma for years. Increased visibility huge! Besides, they are basically white with just a slight hue of blue to them. Worked and looked great. Never hurt my eyes and I ran at night for hours.

Different coloured turn signals on the other hand is odd, and I would advise against it personally because people are generally trained to recognize the blinking yellows. Don't be amazed if people don't allow you to merge as easy because they straight out are not seeing the new light colour because they haven't trained themselves to recognize it.
Because we share the road with douchebags with the blue lights. This is why they are personal.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
Because we share the road with douchebags with the blue lights. This is why they are personal.
How do you know you aren't the douchebag with the white lights or stock bulbs. Its all about different people's taste. Its what makes modifying cars interesting!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fresssh
How do you know you aren't the douchebag with the white lights or stock bulbs. Its all about different people's taste. Its what makes modifying cars interesting!
It's not so much an issue with the "douchebag" look as it is a matter of public safety. White LED lights on vehicles are used only for license plate illumination and daytime running lights from factory. Once you start changing lights that were meant to be amber or red (brake lights, signal lights, tail lights, etc.) drivers and pedestrians on the road who aren't as mod-savvy as others won't recognize them as signal lights. I know regulations may vary from state to state, but it's a matter of safety for yourself and drivers around you. Modifying cars is and should be "interesting", but remember that you share the road with many other people.

Can you imagine what would happen if people started using red headlights and white tail lights?
Old 07-05-2013, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
I still think the pink/purple lights are 1000x worse then blue hues.

Also, people need to properly aim their ____.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:18 AM

Wow a lot of opinions on this huh. Well as much as some people not like it I've installed 8k HIDs and I should be changing my turn signals and parking lights blue in the near future.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 07-06-2013, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds awesome man!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:54 AM

Thanks, idk why I'm getting so much hate for this lol