Notices
Scion tC 2G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

XKGLOW.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question XKGLOW.com

I've been looking into maybe putting a LED underbody kit on my Cement tC. After searching and seeing different types and prices, I saw a 14pcs kit from xkglow.com. I haven't heard or seen much about this company or their products..

http://www.xkglow.com/14pcs_led_unde...p/xk041002.htm

The kit seems to be decent. The linked LEDs seem like they would be a good idea, but I'm not sure. If anyone has or knows anyone with this kit and could give some feedback on them that would be great...plus Is this a reliable company??

Also..I have all orange interior lighting to match the instrument panel, radio, and HVAC. But this kit doesn't come in orange, so I would be going with blue
Old 05-09-2012, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurtleTurtle_12
I've been looking into maybe putting a LED underbody kit on my Cement tC. After searching and seeing different types and prices, I saw a 14pcs kit from xkglow.com. I haven't heard or seen much about this company or their products..

The kit seems to be decent. The linked LEDs seem like they would be a good idea, but I'm not sure. If anyone has or knows anyone with this kit and could give some feedback on them that would be great...plus Is this a reliable company??

Also..I have all orange interior lighting to match the instrument panel, radio, and HVAC. But this kit doesn't come in orange, so I would be going with blue
I don't know this company but what I would do is make sure that it would be ok in wet conditions like no condensation or stuff like that. I have heard about water getting inside them but these look like they'd be neat to have considering they are slimer than most and by the looks of them the front install would be amazing considering that they would be non visible to ppl looking at your car. so in small words contact them find out their policies and according to this site http://www.bbb.org/central-illinois/...ll-il-90019546 they have no complaints and there are videos on youtube of them on a car its a camero but gives you the idea on what they are like.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurtleTurtle_12

I don't know this company but what I would do is make sure that it would be ok in wet conditions like no condensation or stuff like that. I have heard about water getting inside them but these look like they'd be neat to have considering they are slimer than most and by the looks of them the front install would be amazing considering that they would be non visible to ppl looking at your car. so in small words contact them find out their policies and according to this site http://www.bbb.org/central-illinois/...ll-il-90019546 they have no complaints and there are videos on youtube of them on a car its a camero but gives you the idea on what they are like. If your going to go with orange id atleast check out some forums on them and find a set that has orange to match (i would thats just cause i am picky)
Old 05-09-2012, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why don't you just go with LEDGlow? Everyone has them (including me), they work awesome, amazing quality, and they have them in orange.

This kit is orange, and has a wireless remote so you can turn them on and off from your keys, and has 12 modes of cool effects
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIRELESS-ORA...7f8f00&vxp=mtr
Old 05-14-2012, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The more I think about it, I would rather just have them hooked up to my domelight so they would come when I locked/unlocked the doors and turned the dome lights on and also have a switch to turn them on manually. I did consider LEDGlow and also the Beefy LED strips from oznium for a more wheel-to-wheel coverage.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's how I have mine hooked up ^
Old 05-14-2012, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

projectTC2- was it easy to do? hook it up to the dome?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm curious as to how you hooked it up too. Did you have to use a relay? From what I've read people are skeptical to hooking it straight up to the doom. I saw on a camaro forum where a guy had an on/off/on switch that changed the light setup to be on with the dome or on all the time or completely off
Old 05-15-2012, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honestly I just hooked it straight up to the dome. The dome is set up to handle quite a bit of power, and since I did a interior LED swap... the LED dome lights use MUCH less power than the halogen ones. The added power of the LED dome lights + LED Neon's + LED Ambient Footwell Lighting still doesn't equal the wattage of the stock halogen lights. Not to mention if they started using too much power then it would blow the fuse. In that case, then yes I would hook it up to an external relay. But until that day arises, they are wired directly to the dome.

As far as the process of hooking them up to the dome:
-Pull out the front dome assembly
-Tap into the blue (+) and black (-) wires
-Run the wires down through the headliner and down an A-Pillar
-Hook the + and - up behind the dash, you may need to go through the firewall if necessary

Side Note: My Neon's are blue like all of my other lighting, so I have no desire to keep them on at all times. Because that would be an instant ticket
Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I did an interior LED swap too, so with that and just the underbody kit I should be good with just hooking it straight to the dome. I would like to add in a switch so I could manually turn them on and off..I believe I know of a way to be able to have both functions
Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just looked up the Beefy strips mA rating..i would be using two 6' strips(700 mA each) and two 38" strips(358 mA each) for the kit. That's 2116 mA or roughly 2 amps total...Can the dome light handle that???