Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Header for an automatic

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Header for an automatic

Hey SL I just bought my wife (KIMSaBEACH) a cement 13 tc on mon the 11th. I ended up getting her an automatic cuz she didn't want to deal with a stick with the SUPER bad commute to work (PHX sucks!). I still want to get her tc done up w/ headers, exhaust, ect. but my main thing is how its going to sound with the exhaust when it shifts gears.

Does anyone now of an exhaust that I can put on her tc that has a decent growl at low rpms but still sounding mean when getting on it without it sounding wierd (if you guys ever heard a loud exhaust on an automatic you know what I mean!!!!)???
Old 03-14-2013, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Exhaust for an automatic

Hey SL I just bought my wife (KIMSaBEACH) a cement 13 tc on mon the 11th. I ended up getting her an automatic cuz she didn't want to deal with a stick with the SUPER bad commute to work (PHX sucks!). I still want to get her tc done up w/ headers, exhaust, ect. but my main thing is how its going to sound with the exhaust when it shifts gears.

Does anyone now of an exhaust that I can put on her tc that has a decent growl at low rpms but still sounding mean when getting on it without it sounding wierd (if you guys ever heard a loud exhaust on an automatic you know what I mean!!!!)???
Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member

I have the same exact car except bought mine used and its an 11 but I found this exhaust and idk to me it sounds loud and the car that is testing it sounds automatic which is what made me want to get this exhaust, let me know what you think http://www.arkperformance.com/Produc...SM1201%2D0210G
Old 03-14-2013, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No matter what it's not going to sound as good as a standard and always sound kind of funny if its loud so basically you just have to decide how loud you want it the louder it is the more noticeable it will be that her cars an automatic Tsudo is nice but make sure if you get them go with the catted header from dezod my good friend has it and I was impressed other than Tsudo for a catback I would just go TRD for axle back if you want a decent sound but not too loud or you could do a rear muffler delete and put a header on that would be the cheapest and increase sound aswell
Old 03-14-2013, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by o TaGGeD o
No matter what it's not going to sound as good as a standard and always sound kind of funny if its loud so basically you just have to decide how loud you want it the louder it is the more noticeable it will be that her cars an automatic Tsudo is nice but make sure if you get them go with the catted header from dezod my good friend has it and I was impressed other than Tsudo for a catback I would just go TRD for axle back if you want a decent sound but not too loud or you could do a rear muffler delete and put a header on that would be the cheapest and increase sound aswell
Wow! Try some punctuation dude. Lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No time for that ____!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go TRD with dezod green header. Big lil Steve has a video on here somewhere with that combo and his is an automatic. I'd shoot him a message because he also had the tsudo cat back before he switched to the TRD and dezod. I figure he can give a comparison to help you make the decision
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by talt2008
Go TRD with dezod green header. Big lil Steve has a video on here somewhere with that combo and his is an automatic. I'd shoot him a message because he also had the tsudo cat back before he switched to the TRD and dezod. I figure he can give a comparison to help you make the decision
X2 ^
Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanx guys ill have to send him a message. Ive never heard a tsudo... are they pretty ricey? (the name sounds ricey to me lol!)
Old 03-14-2013, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, and cliche with a coffee can muffler. The only cat back I like is the descendant, but unfortunately they don make tc parts anymore. If I have a problem with mine I'm going back to stock and getting the TRD for the nice tone outside the car instead of also inside