Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Product development for the 2011 tC coming soon at TWM Performance!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn dat twm short shifter.... ill get one as soon as i get my speeding ticket out of the way lol... i got a ticket on third day i got my car lol
Old 05-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 08superwhitetc
damn dat twm short shifter.... ill get one as soon as i get my speeding ticket out of the way lol... i got a ticket on third day i got my car lol
Shoot us a pm when your ready, and I'll make sure you get taken care of!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance
Old 05-08-2011, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i will.. thanks patrick
Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you guys get the bushings in yet? its been over a month since i ordered.....
Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

STILL WAITING
Old 06-24-2011, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^you could use a phone..
Old 06-25-2011, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

really dude? ive called them 6 times today and who knows how many times before that. ive emailed them 3 times as well. no response. my next call is to the canada BBB if i dont get this taken care of. nothin takes 6 weeks. i think today is some kinda canada holiday so im hoping thats why there was no answers today but this isnt my first attempt
Old 06-25-2011, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad I found this, so there are no shift bushings in stock at TWM right now? We're talking about the Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings for $37? Damn, was just about to place an order for those too... nuts.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, its the mounting bushings i guess. not the cable bushings. they told me 3 weeks ago that i should have my part in less than 2 weeks and now i cant get a hold of anyone. thats unacceptable. in the last 5 weeks, ive been able to get them on the phone once.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BeloZero
really dude? ive called them 6 times today and who knows how many times before that. ive emailed them 3 times as well. no response. my next call is to the canada BBB if i dont get this taken care of. nothin takes 6 weeks. i think today is some kinda canada holiday so im hoping thats why there was no answers today but this isnt my first attempt
Hi BeloZero,

Yesterday (Friday the 24th) was a provincial holiday in Quebec so nobody was in the office to take your call. Having said that, we've had a supplier issue recently that we've been trying to get through which has caused us to get a TON of emails about BO's. We're working through it but unfortunately it's taking some time.

As for your parts, I will personally check with the guys at the shop on Monday and get back to you on where we're at with your order. We're very sorry for the lack of response, but we've been flooded recently, and with the holidays, its made for even more backlog. Nevertheless, rest assured that we're not screwing anyone lol. We'll be in touch Monday!
Old 06-25-2011, 11:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thank you, ill call you guys again on monday
Old 07-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guys!

Weekend is coming

Take your time! Have a rest!

And stay tuned for what's more to come next week @ TWM Performance!

Take care
Jack
TWM Performance Team
Old 08-05-2011, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@TWM are you guys going to come out with a stage 2 short shifter kit? Any other product development?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member

its past next week :-P lol. I do hope its a stage 2 that theyre announcing xD
Old 08-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The way the stock shifter is designed on the 2nd gen tC, with the reverse lockout, it's impossible to make a short shifter more agressive than the short shifter we released.

We have the short shifter, the base bushings, the cable bushings and many shift ***** available for the tC, right now we are looking at expanding our offering of shift boots, so we may look at it at some point!

Thanks,

Frank
Team TWM Performance
Old 08-22-2011, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just want to throw in my two cents here and say the TWM short shifter is freakin amazing. I have had mine in for over 3 weeks, and it is a blast to drive. Its like a whole new car. The difference is like shifting a minivan to a sports coupe. This is the way the car should have come from the factory.

My only complant is when its cool outside (morning time) the reverse lock does not spring back down by itself. I think its because of the Aluminum contracting. In the afternoon, it springs back down into place like a rocket! Its not a big deal at all, I just have to remember to manualy press it back down so I dont go into reverse again, instead of 1st.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the feedback! Make sure there is enough grease on the shifter shaft where the reverse lockout slides, it can make a big difference!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ what he said. don't know if arizona is hotter than georgia, but I havn't had any issues with the RL getting stuck. perhaps there was a tolerancing issue on your RL.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Could be. There is alot of grease, perhaps more than needed. The bottom of my RL is so tight, it forces the grease out of the way. As in, I put the gease on, not too thick, then slid the RL on. Correction: forced the RL on, and as it went down, so did the grease, creating a" pool" of grease juust under the RL.
In the morning, when its cold, it sounds like metal scraping against metal. But in the afternoon, its fine, great even.

I need to apologize to TWM because I have not sent them the video of my cable bushings that rattle. My computer is koput at the moment, and my cell phone will not send the video.

To anyone who reads this, please understand, I freaking love my TWM products, and highly recommend them even with the little annoyances I am experiencing.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
Finally got my shift boot in, so I have pictures of the upgraded Short Shifter without my car torn apart!

sorry to repost the pics but where did you get that arm rest cover? i'm assuming it's a cover? I ordered my short shifter this weekend and an m1 abrams shift **** in the white pearl! it's going to look sexy with the super white tC!!! i will have pictures up as soon as it's installed and maybe even do a how to

Quick Reply: Product development for the 2011 tC coming soon at TWM Performance!