Old 08-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by mytcissex
lol so i guess i gotta send you guys the block huh? or they can custom make em? are the pistons and rods online and ready to order?
They will be the end of the week!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait so you guys have all the parts to build the block now? how much for everything?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait so you guys have all the parts to build the block now? how much for everything?
That's exactly what I'm wondering how much for Rods pistons bearings and studs and will it make for a good n/a build
Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

You would have to re-use stock bearings. No bearing manufacturer has come forth with bearings. We just have pistons and rods.

http://www.dezod.com/pd-molnar-technologies-h.cfm

http://www.dezod.com/cat_pistons.cfm

Originally Posted by o TaGGeD o
That's exactly what I'm wondering how much for Rods pistons bearings and studs and will it make for a good n/a build
N/A, just use the pistons here:
http://www.dezod.com/pd-cp-performance-piston.cfm
Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why would someone go with a lower compression ratio, if high compression yields more energy?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by thealexhernandez
Why would someone go with a lower compression ratio, if high compression yields more energy?
Lower compression with boost with yield more of a pump gas threshold before having to switch to a race quality fuel.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How many rods and piston do i need to build the motor...
Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Lower compression with boost with yield more of a pump gas threshold before having to switch to a race quality fuel.
Paul i see two type of piston on the dezod website..which one is the best option if i want 400whp to 500whp. Do i have to take the motor out the car to install, or just valve cover to get to it. Also with just piston and rods will i get 400whp with the basic dzod kit. Do i need to do anything to the motor to install the piston and rods. Do i need to upgrade fuel pump or bigger injector. I have a tc2 rs8 6speed i am planning on my build when i save enough.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rydrdg
Paul i see two type of piston on the dezod website..which one is the best option if i want 400whp to 500whp. Do i have to take the motor out the car to install, or just valve cover to get to it. Also with just piston and rods will i get 400whp with the basic dzod kit. Do i need to do anything to the motor to install the piston and rods. Do i need to upgrade fuel pump or bigger injector. I have a tc2 rs8 6speed i am planning on my build when i save enough.
upon building your motor you will need bigger injectors, fuel pump is a must if you wanna run more than 12 psi, coil packs, engine management system[best bet would be a standalone], bigger wastegate or have a shop custom weld the manifold to fit two wastegates, bigger intercooler, and some other ____ too possibly. just my $ 0.02. ive been thru a lot with my tc2 so i wish nothing but the best for you.

i have an extra 2ar block for sale, ill give you a really good deal if anyones interested. pm me! its 2800 brand new at toyota and this one comes with three good stock pistons and rods.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the number of rods and pistons depend on the number of cylinders in the block. since we have 4, you will need 4 rods and 4 pistons. im pretty sure dezod sells them in a set of four.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Each piston and rod set is sold in a set for the engine. So purchase one of each item on the website.

If you are going to build the motor, I would recommend removing the engine and doing a complete overhaul. It's easier to crack it open once, build it and run the day lights out of it with no worries in sight.

Anytime you are going to make significantly more power than stock, you will need to upgrade the fuel system accordingly.

upon building your motor you will need bigger injectors, fuel pump is a must if you wanna run more than 12 psi, coil packs, engine management system[best bet would be a standalone], bigger wastegate or have a shop custom weld the manifold to fit two wastegates, bigger intercooler, and some other ____ too possibly.
Correct on the fuel system, not correct on the coils. These factory Toyo coils are stout and work well. Used factories up to 450whp on some TC1s.

Bigger wastegate? No. Not true. That may be contingent upon someone else's design, but not ours...

im pretty sure dezod sells them in a set of four.
True
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for info Paul and scionlifer bros. It was very helper cant wait to boost again.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Thanks for info Paul and scionlifer bros. It was very helper cant wait to boost again.