Notices
Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

PTUNING: 2011 Scion tC Turbo Kit (Available to ship)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by modelTc
You guys wanna here some crazy chit? The car pulled 33MPG with all hwy driving!!! Now this isn't to say that I never had my foot in it but it was 98% hwy with a couple of "spirited" passes and 3 or 4 city fly-by's. This thing is starting to loosen up and settle in.
BTW - This is the best MPG the car has ever produced since purchase...
Old 03-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

You guys wanna here some crazy chit? The car pulled 33MPG with all hwy driving!!! Now this isn't to say that I never had my foot in it but it was 98% hwy with a couple of "spirited" passes and 3 or 4 city fly-by's. This thing is starting to loosen up and settle in.
Thank you modelTc for the continue great feedback and update on the gas mileage with the PTUNING turbo kit. 33mpg! That is unbelievable.

I think we have a new slogan for our turbo kit... "PTUNING turbo kit: 100+WHP and up to 10MPG gain!"
Old 03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
SL Member

Wed BUMP/March madness sale. Call me today for a Tc2 turbo kit price you can not refuse!!

Drew 703-257-1728
Old 03-17-2012, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sent you an email Andrew! Any dyno vids available?!
Old 03-17-2012, 03:05 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nightstalker
Sent you an email Andrew! Any dyno vids available?!
Hey stalker,

Here is a link to the PTUNING tc2 turbo kit video. I believe I got and responded to your personal email.

thanks Drew.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by andrew_ptuning
Hey stalker,

Here is a link to the PTUNING tc2 turbo kit video. I believe I got and responded to your personal email.

thanks Drew.

http://vimeo.com/25792154

Perfect! Just what i wanted to see! Email replied as well
Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW - This is the best MPG the car has ever produced since purchase...
I think I spotted you today, I saw an RS7 in baltimore but couldn't tell if it was turboed. (still on stock exhaust).
Old 03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
SL Member

BUMP two kits left!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 PM
SL Member

BUMP call today to place an order for the tc2 turbo kit
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM
tdo
5 Year Member

Boost!!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 PM
SL Member

bump
Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 PM
SL Member

BUMP I have one PTUNING turbo kit left!! Call today.

Drew
Old 04-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

IMPORTANT READ:

I was asked to chime in here about why we designed our turbo manifold the way we did and why the design is superior to others on the market. Having designed and/or tuned hundreds of different turbo platforms each year we know what works well and what doesn't.

We went through several designs before settling on the current production turbo manifold. An efficient turbo manifold is pointless unless it is coupled to a well designed, free-flowing downpipe. Any good turbo system cannot have one without the other, period. There's no sense in having the craziest looking turbo manifold when the turbo ultimately dumps into a downpipe that is welded on the the turbine outlet flange at a grossly cheated angle.

Think about it for a second. Once the exhaust gases are done spinning the turbo it needs to evacuate itself from the turbine housing as quickly and efficiently as possible. A well designed downpipe promotes much quicker spool-up, better transient response, and ultimately much better VE, which as we all know contributes to big power.

Now onto my main point about our turbo manifold design. If you look at the merge collector, it is highly offset to the driver's side of the engine compartment. We tried on center and slightly off center merge collectors first, but we were COMPLETELY unhappy with the compromise in the downpipe design.

There is simply not enough room to build a proper downpipe with the way the tC2 engine compartment is layed out. This is therefore THE REASON we went through so many different manifold designs. We needed to offset the turbo way over to the driver's side in order to build the perfect downpipe.

So again, those who are familiar with proper turbo system design.....look at why we do things the way we do. We feel the battery relocation is 100% necessary to achieve our goal of a "performance first" turbo design.

We didn't do this just to force you run an aftermarket battery or to make things more complex for ourselves or just because it looks JDM. We did it because it happens to be in our way, LOL. This refusal to compromise our design because of how the factory lays out their engine compartment is what sets ALL of our turbo systems apart from the others.

- PTUNING Tuner

No cheat bends off of the turbine outlet flange. Just smooth, true radius bends:

Driver's side, offset merge collector:

Old 04-26-2012, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PTUNING
IMPORTANT READ:

I was asked to chime in here about why we designed our turbo manifold the way we did and why the design is superior to others on the market. Having designed and/or tuned hundreds of different turbo platforms each year we know what works well and what doesn't.

We went through several designs before settling on the current production turbo manifold. An efficient turbo manifold is pointless unless it is coupled to a well designed, free-flowing downpipe. Any good turbo system cannot have one without the other, period. There's no sense in having the craziest looking turbo manifold when the turbo ultimately dumps into a downpipe that is welded on the the turbine outlet flange at a grossly cheated angle.

Think about it for a second. Once the exhaust gases are done spinning the
turbo it needs to evacuate itself from the turbine housing as quickly and efficiently as possible. A well designed downpipe promotes much quicker spool-up, better transient response, and ultimately much better VE, which as we all know contributes to big power.

Now onto my main point about our turbo manifold design. If you look at the merge collector, it is highly offset to the driver's side of the engine
compartment. We tried on center and slightly off center merge collectors first, but we were COMPLETELY unhappy with the compromise in the downpipe design.

There is simply not enough room to build a proper downpipe with the way the tC2 engine compartment is layed out. This is therefore THE REASON we went through so many different manifold designs. We needed to offset the turbo
way over to the driver's side in order to build the perfect downpipe.

So again, those who are familiar with proper turbo system design.....look at why we do things the way we do. We feel the battery relocation is 100% necessary to achieve our goal of a "performance first" turbo design.

We didn't do this just to force you run an aftermarket battery or to make
things more complex for ourselves or just because it looks JDM. We did it because it happens to be in our way, LOL. This refusal to compromise our design because of how the factory lays out their engine compartment is what sets ALL of our turbo systems apart from the others.

- PTUNING Tuner

No cheat bends off of the turbine outlet flange. Just smooth, true radius bends:

[IMG]https://www.scionlife.com/forums/attachment.php?
attachmentid=8716&d=13263896363[/IMG]

Driver's side, offset merge collector:

^ Man speaks the truth.
One thing that PTuning deals with on a regular basis, is working with and tuning many many different turbo systems ( not just on Scions). Most factory normally aspirated cars odviously were not designed for adding aftermarket turbo kits. The thing that separates PTuning turbo kits from other kits; is the utilization of specially designed components ( motor mounts, battery trays, oil scavenging systems) to ensure the most performance oriented and best
designed turbo kit layout.
Another thing which separates PTuning turbo systems apart from other kits.... Extensive research and developement. The dyno has a huge part of that, and we have one. There have been phases in testing turbo kits where one of us isn't happy with something. The car comes off the dyno, and a kit component will be totally re worked. By the time the kit is produced, it has been extensively tested. PTuning will never produce something in any other manor. We will never come up with a turbo kit, mail it to a customer, and hope for the best ( not knowing what it will do on the dyno
). There are other kits out there ( not just Scions) which are very evident on the lack of the "research" part of the r&d process... Such as boost creep issues (for example).
Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Why I roll with the Best...
Old 05-02-2012, 06:11 PM
SL Member

We have a newdealer on the west coast now for all PTUNING products.

http://stores.mengmotorsports.com/StoreFront.bok

Please contact them for California tC2 turbo kit orders.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by andrew_ptuning
We have a new dealer on the west coast now for all PTUNING products.

Please contact them for California tC2 turbo kit orders.

Ninja Edit..
Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 AM
5 Year Member

What kind of oil I can use in the motor?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by w1th
What kind of oil I can use in the motor?
For force induction tC1 or tC2, we normally use Mobil1 10W-30, Amsoil 10W-30, or Motul 5W-40.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by PTUNING
For force induction tC1 or tC2, we normally use Mobil1 10W-30, Amsoil 10W-30, or Motul 5W-40.
Will approach whether the original oil 0W-20 for Toyota?

Quick Reply: PTUNING: 2011 Scion tC Turbo Kit (Available to ship)