Notices
Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

PTUNING: 2011 Scion tC Turbo Kit (Available to ship)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by w1th
Will approach whether the original oil 0W-20 for Toyota?
It's recommended to run a higher viscosity oil when boosted. So the OE 0W-20 is not ideal.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is off topic but how many kits do you guys have left?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nightstalker
This is off topic but how many kits do you guys have left?

Hello Nightstalker,

We have two kits left.

If you wish to place an order for a kit, please let us know.
You can also order the kit online at:
http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des....&ModelDesc=tC

Best Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 06-22-2012, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member

You guys make a kit for automatic??? Is there a big change in the numbers for power?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by marentez13
You guys make a kit for automatic??? Is there a big change in the numbers for power?
We have reviewed the car in person but currently have not test fitted a turbo kit on the tC2 with an automatic trans. We are 95% sure everything will bolt up with no problems.

Drew.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello folks,

Does anyone here have any first-hand experience of actually having installed this turbo kit on a 2012 Scion tC? Were there any problems whatsoever? Did anything have to be modified slightly, such as the front grille?

The mechanic I have installing this kit on my 2012 Scion tC is having a problem -- without the OEM front grille, no problem, but when the front grille is installed, the intercooler obstructs proper fitment of the front bumper by about 1/2" at the bottom.

Great care was spent fitting the kit to the car, and I've double-checked the mechanic's work very closely -- twice, the second and most rigorous check being today. I don't see any deviation or any possible misinterpretations in the implementation of this build, so we're all left scratching our heads, feeling that the job was done correctly, but still something doesn't add up.

Anyway, the easy way out of this is to modify the front grille, which we can do with no probable deleterious side-effects. Needless to say, we're approaching this cautiously to be certain that no mistakes were made before we permanentize things.

Obviously we all take for granted that the 2012 Scion tC is almost identical to the 2011, and it has been assumed that as far as the turbo kits are concerned, there is no difference whatsoever between the models. So here I am, attempting to verify that assumption. My request is: would a 2012 Scion tC owner, who's installed this kit, please share your experience with the intercooler & front grille fitment?

Thank you,

-John
Old 07-08-2012, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol one of my buddys has a front mount with his dezod kit and he had no problems fitting the front mount. in my car i run the descendant kit which includes a side mount. not a big fan of the SM IC but it does the job. i think you should remove the grille and get the grillecraft grille for your car the whole set becuz the pieces are verrrry thin compared to stock grille. best of luck!

btw by mechanic i hope you mean one at a tuning shop :p id never reccommend any other mechanic to install a turbo kit on anyones car
Old 07-14-2012, 05:02 PM
SL Member

Bump!!! We have (qty 2) tC2 turbo kits available to ship, call today for best possible pricing!!

Drew. R
703-257-1728
Old 07-18-2012, 08:52 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by andrew_ptuning
Bump!!! We have (qty 2) tC2 turbo kits available to ship, call today for best possible pricing!!

Drew. R
703-257-1728
BUMP!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll probably be giving you a call tomorrow around noon drew
Old 07-19-2012, 01:29 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nightstalker
I'll probably be giving you a call tomorrow around noon drew
Please give me a call before 2:30. I will be out of the office after that time and will not be back till the following Tuesday the 7/24/2012.

drew
Old 07-26-2012, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member

Hello!
Should I change the spark plugs and coolant?
And should I running-in the car after the installation turbo kit?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:27 PM
SL Member

Hello!
Should I change the spark plugs and coolant?
And should I running-in the car after the installation turbo kit?
-You can retain the factory spark plugs. We suggest gaping them to a .26 gap
-You can retain the factory coolant. There is no reason for an upgrade.
-Gas you should switch over to 91-93 octane.
-Oil Factory weight is fine. But you can always upgrade to Amsoil 10w30 or Motul 5w40.

Drew. R

Last edited by andrew_ptuning; 07-27-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Installation completed; now comes programming

Hi folks,

Status update: All hardware installed + GReddy exhaust, computer installed and programmed with Ptuning's default numbers, so the car runs. Which is putting it quite mildy. :-) It's a beast, with my customized turbocharger (Garrett GTX2863 w/ .63 AR) the thing wants to spool roughly around 2k when I'm gentle with it. Obviously, I will be baby-gentle on this thing until the computer is fully tuned for my customized kit.

I'd like to extend public appreciation to Andrew and the rest of the gang at PTuning for helping me to see this through. There were a few minor bumps along the road, nothing their fault, but they always jumped at the chance to help out.

Next stop: tuning. That should happen sometime in the next week or two.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:18 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by johnmk
Hi folks,

Status update: All hardware installed + GReddy exhaust, computer installed and programmed with Ptuning's default numbers, so the car runs. Which is putting it quite mildy. :-) It's a beast, with my customized turbocharger (Garrett GTX2863 w/ .63 AR) the thing wants to spool roughly around 2k when I'm gentle with it. Obviously, I will be baby-gentle on this thing until the computer is fully tuned for my customized kit.

I'd like to extend public appreciation to Andrew and the rest of the gang at PTuning for helping me to see this through. There were a few minor bumps along the road, nothing their fault, but they always jumped at the chance to help out.

Next stop: tuning. That should happen sometime in the next week or two.
JohnMK,

Thank you very much for the kind words, and for allowing us to supply you with a PTUNING tC2 turbo kit. We are all looking forward to your dyno numbers!

thanks Drew. R
Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member

Hello guys
This weekend i installed the ptuning turbo kit.
I have a few questions:
1. I cant understand for what these wires (red and white, see the att.)
2. After installed turbo a few hours begin light up check engine and traction control
Scanner toyota shows mistake 291 (blend and oxygen) what i must do?
And engine don't start at first time, start for second time

3.Is AEM FIX controller programmed for tc2 or i need control it?

p.s. i wrote the letter on your email, and i don't have an answer.
you received my letter? My email vitaly.kasatkin(dog)gmail c0m
Attached Thumbnails PTUNING: 2011 Scion tC Turbo Kit (Available to ship)-2012-07-29_18-28-23_567.jpg  

Last edited by w1th; 07-31-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:29 PM
SL Member

Hello guys
This weekend i installed the ptuning turbo kit.
I have a few questions:
1. I cant understand for what these wires (red and white, see the att.)
2. After installed turbo a few hours begin light up check engine and traction control
Scanner toyota shows mistake 291 (blend and oxygen) what i must do?
And engine don't start at first time, start for second time

3.Is AEM FIX controller programmed for tc2 or i need control it?

p.s. i wrote the letter on your email, and i don't have an answer.
you received my letter? My email vitay.kasatkin(dog)gmail c0m
-Those wires are capped off because they are not used.
-Most likely your fuel trims are maxed out, that is the reason for the code and check engine light. Have you taken the car to a tuner yet? Also the traction is tied in with the check engine light. It will pop up as well if there is a issue or code is thrown.
- Unfortunately the AEM FIC's are known for this type of start issue. Iv have seen start ups get better over time on some cars. Or just stay the same.

I would highly suggest getting the car tuned by a certified AEM tuner if you haven't already. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Drew. R
Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member

-Those wires are capped off because they are not used.
-Most likely your fuel trims are maxed out, that is the reason for the code and check engine light. Have you taken the car to a tuner yet? Also the traction is tied in with the check engine light. It will pop up as well if there is a issue or code is thrown.
- Unfortunately the AEM FIC's are known for this type of start issue. Iv have seen start ups get better over time on some cars. Or just stay the same.

I would highly suggest getting the car tuned by a certified AEM tuner if you haven't already. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Drew. R
What did you mean by fuel trims are maxed out?
I pour Russian gasoline with an octane number of 98...

And i have a problem with cooling. The temperature in Moscow is 30C or 86F now. When the a/c in the third speed blower starts flashing check temperature. Can you recommend an additional source of cooling? Or the problem to configure AEM?
Old 07-31-2012, 01:48 PM
SL Member

What did you mean by fuel trims are maxed out?
I pour Russian gasoline with an octane number of 98...

And i have a problem with cooling. The temperature in Moscow is 30C or 86F now. When the a/c in the third speed blower starts flashing check temperature. Can you recommend an additional source of cooling? Or the problem to configure AEM?
Hello, I am guessing your the kit that was shipped out of the country. By our distributor in Cali.

The FIC comes flashed with a base map from us. But again this map is more based off of USDM cars with only 91-93 octane. Most likely your fuel trims are maxed out based on the higher octane you are currently running. I highly suggest you get the car fully tuned at a AEM certified tuner.

Also we have never had issues with overheating on the tC2. Did you drain any coolant while installing the kit? possibly you may need to bleed the coolant system? If you continue to have heating issues after this, I would suggest a bigger radiator.

Drew.R
Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member

Hello, I am guessing your the kit that was shipped out of the country. By our distributor in Cali.

The FIC comes flashed with a base map from us. But again this map is more based off of USDM cars with only 91-93 octane. Most likely your fuel trims are maxed out based on the higher octane you are currently running. I highly suggest you get the car fully tuned at a AEM certified tuner.

Also we have never had issues with overheating on the tC2. Did you drain any coolant while installing the kit? possibly you may need to bleed the coolant system? If you continue to have heating issues after this, I would suggest a bigger radiator.

Drew.R
Andrew, thanks for your answers and help!

In Russia, as well as in Europe uses a system of calculation of the octane number - RON. In the USA it is AKI or PON. That is, Russian 98 = USA 93. At week I will go to the tuner and will tell you about my results.

Is correctly the fan is located? It's on the the driver's side
Attached Thumbnails PTUNING: 2011 Scion tC Turbo Kit (Available to ship)-2012-08-01_09-04-34_479.jpg  

Last edited by w1th; 08-01-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: PTUNING: 2011 Scion tC Turbo Kit (Available to ship)