Notices
Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

For you guys that want turbo kits on the tC2

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lightbulb For you guys that want turbo kits on the tC2

Nobody currently makes a turbo kit for the tC2. The platform is pretty much dead for aftermarket support.

That said, with all the posts I'm seeing lately regarding turbo kits for the tC2.. you guys should contact local speed shops and vendors to see if you can get a group buy going. They'll be a lot more likely to spend the time putting a kit together and building the manifold if they have more than 1 buyer lined up. Keep in mind a decent kit will be ~$5000.

I'm not doing the leg-work for you guys as I'm not interested in turbocharging mine, but food for thought that might actually get something done vs just resurrecting these old dead threads.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:21 PM

Fair point, but we all live in different areas. It's really a shame as I don't think finding a turbo kit will ever really be possible.
Old 03-04-2022, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pirateboy
Fair point, but we all live in different areas. It's really a shame as I don't think finding a turbo kit will ever really be possible.
Shipping companies exist for this reason.. The vendor also won't care were people are located. They absolutely cannot expect 5+ dudes to be all within driving distance. That's not how these things usually work.

The big thing is to find a speed shop willing make the parts and piece together a kit. Having a local shop near any of the interested parties will be great for test fitting and mocking up parts. Once you have that they'll usually give you stipulations like we'll do it if you can get x number of confirmed buyers lined up with cash in hand. It will take time, but worth it if you want to do turbo bad enough.

Last edited by drizzoh; 03-08-2022 at 02:37 PM.