Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

2012 Scion tC mpg?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jaygray757
Oh okay. With the k&n air filter im getting 27.1 but at first I was getting like 27.3. It droped im trying to decide ot a cai will help it.i know it depends on the foot..and I dont have a heavyfoot unless I'm in a hurry. I also want to get thr unichip. If anybody has it let me know how you like it
There is a fairly extensive thread on here about the unichip; most everyone seems to really like the product...I did a little more looking into it and have decided to go that route myself (as with putting the weapon-r intake back on, a dezod green header and the NST crank pulley). So far I have only seen the unichip for sale through unichips website, and its a hefty price but it makes sense that it would work in conjunction with the intake and other a/f related bolt ons to optimize efficiency. Kind of getting to the point with me to where the investment is not going to pay off with fuel savings if I see any (and I hope I do) but as long as I get a small performance boost without loosing fuel economy then its worth the cost. Just found a Dyno center near me to get a before/after test everythings on order except header...gotta call them cause they say its on back order :/

Point in case I think the unichip sounds like a solid deal for performance gains and perhaps a bit of fuel economy; but for fuel economy reasons alone may not pay off...but I could be wrong.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member

Oh, and also there seems to be a debate between CAI and WAI (warm air intake) as far as fuel economy goes; some argue that the CAI is able to pull in cooler more dense air providing more power requiring less throttle to achieve acceleration resulting in better fuel economy, while others argue that a warm air intake sucks in warm air at the cost of a little performance gain but helps atomize with the fuel better since it is already warm...I kind of consider the weapon r intake to be a warm air intake since it is sitting directly over the trans and next to the motor getting mostly warm air. I sometimes go look around in the 'ecomodder' forums as some of those guys are really dedicated to it and see what they manage to come up with; the WAI seems to be their preferred setup for best economy.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:02 AM
SL Member

to purchase the unichip go to these links:
http://www.unichip.us/vehicle/vehicl...12-Scion-tC-25
http://trdsparks.com/displayparts.ph...&parts_id=4535
Old 07-30-2013, 02:06 AM
SL Member

email them before purchase and to see if they give discounts to scionlife members or scikotics members if you are one.