Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

2012 tC

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 06:44 AM
SL Member

That sucks. Because I'm sitting on 2 "kits" (the extra socket, and set of LED bulbs) to do the second reverse light. I guess one of them will still be going in my fiance's '11. I just wanted my car to be the test vehicle. Oh well. Cuts my work in half! Lol. So I guess it doesn't really suck, this is good news for me!

Last edited by JPfeffer; 07-28-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:28 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
toyota was going for the "european styling"

anyways...i'm happy with the 1 reverse light. makes the 2011 model stand out even more compared to the 1st Gen as well as the 2nd Gens not 2011

(for better or worse)
exactly! everyone will spot mine out as the first 2nd gen tc muahah
Old 07-28-2011, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

let's just do what wellesley did to his... :D
Old 07-28-2011, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I slept on it...

...nope still ____ed.

It just kills me that they released the car with the 1 reverse light, and with no engine cover (FFS my 05 xB has one, why not on this car?) and say it was "designed" that way, and they don't even wait ONE model year before fixing it.

I didn't want to be forced to drill out my OEM light in order to correct their mistake. Wanted to wait and see if they left it as designed, but since they obviously realized they @#$%ed up, they should offer 2011 owners some sort of option to get it corrected.

Forget the style aspect, or even being unique, I'm talking about safety here. People approaching your parked car in a lot from the passenger side will not see that you are backing up. Yes I know your car moving backwards SHOULD be a huge damn sign, but people are stupid. Very stupid.

I just cannot wait to see what other "improvements" aka whoops let's fix that's are on the 2012 model.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's all this about the engine cover? People actually want the plastic crap on top of the engine?

The single reverse light is an annoyance - constantly "Hey bud, you got a back-up light out."
Old 07-28-2011, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scratch
Forget the style aspect, or even being unique, I'm talking about safety here. People approaching your parked car in a lot from the passenger side will not see that you are backing up. Yes I know your car moving backwards SHOULD be a huge damn sign, but people are stupid. Very stupid.
Thanks to General Motors having reverse lights fire up every time you unlock the car, nobody sees those lights and expects the car to come backwards anyway.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 PM
SL Member

When is the 2012 hitting showrooms?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Occam
The single reverse light is an annoyance
I'm speaking from experience here. As I posted earlier, we were almost hit backing out. Dude in a Jeep was damn close to smacking us, gestures exchanged, I hopped out and did the typical whiteguy "whatchoowant" (think the Jeepdude relented seeing a crazed 6foot Ginger) and left. I told my wife to get in the driver seat and put it in reverse, I walked to where the Jeepdude was and damn skippy... can't see the reverse light from over there.

...i'm just lit up about this. Not directing any rage at anyone on here.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Post a complaint. Wait until the '12 tC specks are officially released and file with Toyota Corp. Enough tC2.1 owners complain and they'll put out something. I started the Alpine HU thread here for just that purpose, they eventually fixed it and it wasn't even a safety concern.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
Post a complaint. Wait until the '12 tC specks are officially released and file with Toyota Corp. Enough tC2.1 owners complain and they'll put out something. I started the Alpine HU thread here for just that purpose, they eventually fixed it and it wasn't even a safety concern.
Don't you mean tC2.0? the next one should be tC2.1...
Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I told my wife to get in the driver seat and put it in reverse, I walked to where the Jeepdude was and damn skippy... can't see the reverse light from over there.

...i'm just lit up about this. Not directing any rage at anyone on here.
yea that would be my only gripe...whenever i back up...i take extra careful caution when i know cars are passing by from the passenger side

...what would they give us though?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
...what would they give us though?
I think they will give us two things, Jack and S#£t.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I think they will give us two things, Jack and S#£t.
a floor jack would be nice....

but yea...i'm talking about the Scratch's perfect world...
would be a fair compensation?
Old 07-28-2011, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depends on the 2nd light in the 2012. If that wiring is run totally professional, tucked inside the looms in the panels like it was built that way....perhpas a TSB. If someone just swiped Papa_Bear's idea and is putting in some spliced 2nd light, then maybe offer the kit to owners.

Like I said, they won't do anything. Either option costs money, and it won't happen.

I may try to open some kind of complaint case once the specs are officially out, and get it on various social networks to just have people call in, like a petition....but it boils down to money, so I expect no change.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member

for canada, the 2012 and the 2011 have no diffrences.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tanyatc2
im glad i got 2011 tc bcuz when fr-s arrives ill be tradin my 11 tc for that beauty hopefully before 2013
Cool because insuring that won't be expensive. People talk about trading it in.. The tC is not a performance car per say, and the FR-S will be a performance car. The cost of insuring that will be 180+ at least. I love the car, but people forget about insurance.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NitOxYs
Cool because insuring that won't be expensive. People talk about trading it in.. The tC is not a performance car per say, and the FR-S will be a performance car. The cost of insuring that will be 180+ at least. I love the car, but people forget about insurance.
I hear ya there! This thing costs me about $100/mo in insurance... I'm moving soon, and will probably deity back to USAA, so maybe I'll get a break on it then.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Occam
I hear ya there! This thing costs me about $100/mo in insurance... I'm moving soon, and will probably deity back to USAA, so maybe I'll get a break on it then.
Same, just think about an FR-S. I know people who spend a car payment in insurance for their newer mustangs and z's.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MikeTC2
for canada, the 2012 and the 2011 have no diffrences.
Where are you getting that info from? Cause its wrong...
Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 PM

I wish I could have just waited, but I was at a point where it was HEY YOU GET ANOTHER CAR. ...for under $20k and new, just couldn't beat it.

Here I thought, oh well fine, one backup light, just like the Gen2 xB. Ok fine.

Last week when some tool nearly hit me as I was backing out, they were approaching from my left where there is no reverse light... yep, this was a design flaw.
Just wait till someone sues Toyota after being hit, then we just might see a TSB..

I wonder if the white backlight on the clock will be easier to see in sunlight. Down here in Florida during the day the sun is so bright that I have to put my hand up to shadow the display just to check the time. And, that is with 15% tint.

Quick Reply: 2012 tC