2012 tC

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:51 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dandaman
I wonder if the white backlight on the clock will be easier to see in sunlight. Down here in Florida during the day the sun is so bright that I have to put my hand up to shadow the display just to check the time. And, that is with 15% tint.
so what about the other lights in the car? HVAC+Traction+Auto Window+Dash

will it all be amber still and with a miss-matched white clock?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:00 PM
SL Member

it might be like a combo white/blue
Old 07-30-2011, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm pretty angry right now. I've always thought having 1 reverse light really was a safety hazard. It feels like its such a small thing that i shouldn't be this mad, but i realize that because its so small that toyota thinks they can just get away with insulting the first year owners like this. we were the ones who gave this car a chance when haters were hating, and in the end we became their lab rats. the 2011 owners were just helping toyota advertise for their 2012s.

I know the 2012 will cost more, but to buy a new harness will cost so much more money than a 2012 with a new sound system(with blutooth and HD radio) PLUS a factory installed 2nd reverse light. I feel taken advantage of, especially, since this car is targeted at young car owners like me who toyota may think is easier to victimized.

i am being totally irrational. I know i shouldnt be this mad. I know in the end i'm an adult who made a decision to buy this car without being coerced or forced to. But i can't help but feel embarrassed to put my car in reverse knowing that my excuse that they are all like that will not be the case. My neighbor the other day actually told me my taillight was out, and i had to explain. imagine how much we all have to put up with for the next 5-10 years when people will know that the tc2 can have 2 reverse lights but for some reason ours dont. I will have no choice now to get a 2nd reverse light because people with either comment on how i'm an idiot who has one reverse light out or i'm always ganna have to spend time to explain. I'd be more relieved if they never put a 2nd reverse light than to put it.

sorry for the ranting. Could anyone please give me the number to toyota/scion corporate where i can talk to someone about this when this becomes official? I know i'm totally in the wrong here, but once the 2012s are out, i'm ganna make the call and just complain and vent. I want to make this into a bigger deal than it really is, because something this small shouldnt P***(ohh wow i totally got censored for that, sorry) me off this much.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

dude you're free to feel however you want! We did indeed get ____ed but I guess that's what you pay for being the "beta" testers/being the first ones to be WOWed at. In a year or two ppl will not get the same reaction out of ppl with their tC 2013 like we did.

I have ppl constantly flashing their lights/honking/giving me thumbs up/passing me to just see the the front badge since rear is fully de-badged.

Last edited by Scion202; 07-30-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:08 AM
SL Member

2012 tc here i come
Old 07-30-2011, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its really nothing toyota cant just do to have dealerships install a second reverse light for us 2011 owners. They replaced my Headunit for free in my car because 1 side wasn't playing bass in TC mode.... i dont see why they cant just do the same for the reverse light since that is even cheaper in expense overall than replacing a headunit which is around $600 in itself.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

XerotC I will be calling Scion on Monday, had a chat with someone online and they wanted me to call. I'm going to see if I can get a case created with one of their case numbers. Once this is done I'll let you know so you can call in as well, my goal is to get as many people as possible to call in under one case number so Scion knows this issue is not just some little thing.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's pretty lame... I hate how the 2011's came with only one reverse light, and it's not even in a unique positioning as the xB; it just makes it look like there's a broken reverse light. I don't know about you guys but not having a reverse light on right side really hinders me from being able to parallel park at night. I would have to use my brake lights to illuminate the curb which I can still barely make out.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd rather have a rear foglight there.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scratch, get that case number up when you get it, I will get on board this band wagon with the quickness. Every single day on the way to lunch (100+ people go to lunch at the exact same time) someone says "Hey Sgt T. one of your lights is out." OMG, I am very sick of not only explaining this, but also hearing "Oh, thats dumb."
Old 08-01-2011, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scratch
XerotC I will be calling Scion on Monday, had a chat with someone online and they wanted me to call. I'm going to see if I can get a case created with one of their case numbers. Once this is done I'll let you know so you can call in as well, my goal is to get as many people as possible to call in under one case number so Scion knows this issue is not just some little thing.
I've known about this from my sale rep like months ago when i went in for my 6 month maint. he told me it wasn't official, nor do we know what toyota will do to write this wrong. if they do nothing, i will do my best to make myself heard by them. i'm glad our goals are similar, and i'm also glad that some of you guys are so understanding.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Occam
I'd rather have a rear foglight there.
^^^^^x2
Old 08-01-2011, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've opened a case, and put the info into another thread (so as not to derail this one completely)

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205965
Old 08-01-2011, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Druidiron
Scratch, get that case number up when you get it, I will get on board this band wagon with the quickness. Every single day on the way to lunch (100+ people go to lunch at the exact same time) someone says "Hey Sgt T. one of your lights is out." OMG, I am very sick of not only explaining this, but also hearing "Oh, thats dumb."

I had that exact same "That's dumb" reaction! My reverse lights are LEDs are still aren't terribly bright, but at least I don't get the remarks.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:17 PM
SL Member

2nd Tail Light Install. It sucks that it's required for the 2011's, but it's better than buying a 2012 if the reverse light is the biggest problem you have with the car. Sorry guys.