Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude, you are so cool! O:
Old 05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what did you replace your oem radio/cd player with?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMFG that so makes me want to track my tC, but I'd need to buy a helmet...

AND fight the instinct to race people, every time you got near someone I was yelling PASS EM PASSS EM!! people in the office looked at me kinda funny.

(yes I did see them signal for you to go by lol)
Old 05-05-2011, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smexy. I just missed an open track day at Gingerman on the 23rd. T_T Nice to see a good driver scarin' the suby's, hehe.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^if you go tracking, I suggest you find some new tires. The oem's are crappy low-profile tires. I am waiting for tires myself, but mine are on back-order.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mdiluxe
^^if you go tracking, I suggest you find some new tires. The oem's are crappy low-profile tires. I am waiting for tires myself, but mine are on back-order.
The OEM for the 18" or the TRD 19"s?
Which are you ordering? I have just the recommended ones for these wheels:
Toyo Proxes 4. 235/35ZR19 91W M + S

I'd like to get 1stOne's setup, but after dropping a shiny penny on the turbo, I'm waiting. Where did you purchase the wheels and tires 1st (price+shipping)?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^the 18's regardless if you got the yokohamas or the toyo's since ive seen a few with cars with either brand of tire.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wouldn't it have been more worth it to keep stock wheels if ur gonna buy a set after? ;P
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I love that you kept checking you cell phone.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ lol, yeah. Too awesome. I have the stock set as well as the TRD set. But, those Enkeis are just too slick to pass up. 1st's setup is too good. Call me a biter. I just wish the BBK was available here.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mdiluxe
what did you replace your oem radio/cd player with?
I have an Alpine INA-W900 Navi. What you see while I'm driving is the dashboard. This was the best I could do to see speed while driving. My drivers position doesn't allow a good view of gauges.

Originally Posted by Scratch
OMFG that so makes me want to track my tC, but I'd need to buy a helmet...

AND fight the instinct to race people, every time you got near someone I was yelling PASS EM PASSS EM!! people in the office looked at me kinda funny.

(yes I did see them signal for you to go by lol)
Helmet is key! Problem is, you then want to mod that too! Mine WAS white. LOL.

There were a few S2000's that were in the first 15min of that video (and got passed) but YouTube wont allow a 30min movie! It was a total of 18 laps I ran before I came in to cool down.

Originally Posted by ZeroEyeQueue
The OEM for the 18" or the TRD 19"s?
Which are you ordering? I have just the recommended ones for these wheels:
Toyo Proxes 4. 235/35ZR19 91W M + S

I'd like to get 1stOne's setup, but after dropping a shiny penny on the turbo, I'm waiting. Where did you purchase the wheels and tires 1st (price+shipping)?
I bought mine from a local speed shop. The tires I bought from someone who wrote off their car before they could get them installed. All in all, and with my corporate rate, yada, yada, they were still a pretty penny. The hardware alone is worth about $250 just to give you an idea. But if your looking to buy these in the US, expect about $1200-1500 for tires and $2000-2500 for the wheels.

Originally Posted by donsun
wouldn't it have been more worth it to keep stock wheels if ur gonna buy a set after? ;P
Naw! Buy them all! I have the stock wheels, the TRD 19's (with Toyo Proxie 4's) and the Enkei RPF1's you see. Wheel ***** it up!

Originally Posted by WellesleyScion
I love that you kept checking you cell phone.
LOL. It wasn't my phone, but that would be funny. That's the lap timer haha. Wanted to see if I was pushing it or not. When there are no cars around, its hard to pace yourself.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great video! I saw your updated thread this morning and didn't get to watch the video 'til tonight, but it was SO worth the wait. What kind of training have you had? Your hand technique and use of the cones aren't things most people seem to just pick up. How long have you been racing? And how in the world did you pass an BMW M3??? Craziness and very well done.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
Great video! I saw your updated thread this morning and didn't get to watch the video 'til tonight, but it was SO worth the wait. What kind of training have you had? Your hand technique and use of the cones aren't things most people seem to just pick up. How long have you been racing? And how in the world did you pass an BMW M3??? Craziness and very well done.
...Seriously, none. LOL. I'm not as good as you all our praising me, but I appreciate the applause regardless!

The hand technique....well, its all in the gloves. They are "awesome" for a reason! But really, its just what feels comfortable.

I've been lapping for probably 5 years now. I mostly autox, as this is only my 4th time out at a full track in those 5 years! It is fun, but its abusive on tires and, well, I'm cheap and like them to last! There are 3 autox events this month, 2 of which I know I'm going to and the other I'm not sure about. Might go anyways as its at the famous Mosport Raceway on the DDT (Driver Development Track). It has elevations and everything, so it's a bit of a different event. If I go, there will be footage.

The M3...well, it would have been nice to actually pass him, but he was probably on a cool down lap. The blue STI at the end though was actually pushing it though. Took me a few laps to catch up, but a few more and I probably could have over taken him and the Porsche in front. Again, what the footage doesn't show (and what I had to review), was an S2000 and a Porsche Targa4 that moved out of the way for the little white terror coming up behind! Haha.

Hope more of you get into racing. Its a great way to learn what your car can do and even better, to learn what you can do with it.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is that your kmh displayed with the Alpine Navi? You can always post up a part 2, 3 etc lol.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya, that's KM/H....not super fast haha. Hense why the STI pulls me in the straight everytime.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man makes me wish I went for the manual, though I got hit on the 401 on Wednesday. I will just have to live through your posts!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^That sucks bud! Well, if you want, mine is available for lease takeover...;)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^so u buying ur own tC as opposed to continue leasing? why not just buy the one you have now?
Old 05-07-2011, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1stOne
^That sucks bud! Well, if you want, mine is available for lease takeover...;)
What's lease takeover?
Old 05-07-2011, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by donsun
^so u buying ur own tC as opposed to continue leasing? why not just buy the one you have now?
Yep, planning to buy one out. I took the lease because I was thinking of getting out of it early for the FT, but now I'm thinking I'll just get the FT anyways!

I'm doing the lease takeover because there is one at work I have my eye on that I can get at associate rate. But, I may also consider a 2012 or Release Series. If I buy this one, I have no options. That's the only reason.

Plus, someone else can benefit by my lower payment, so I'd like to pass that on if I can.

Originally Posted by Enzie
What's lease takeover?
Well, since I don't own the car in a lease, I just "rent" it, the lease takeover gives someone else the opportunity to take the rent payment from me. Toyota will credit approve them and then my payment becomes theirs and they take the car. Easy as that.

The benefit is that they can sometimes get a better deal this way. Some people offer cash incentives (for me, its a few mods) and for the new lessee, they get a lower payment, possibly the incentive, and a lower term (as most of it has already been used and paid).

But, I've got my fingers crossed. Anyone in Canada looking, let me know!

Quick Reply: Canadian tC Project - Autox Videos! 10-17-11