Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

clickclickw00t's Cement 2012 TC (hide it from the GF build)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default clickclickw00t's Cement 2012 TC (hide it from the GF build)

So after driving around a Town and Country minivan AWD (although FULLLY FULLY LOADED), I'm glad to say that I finally decided to get rid of it and get something that suits my age and personality. I picked up a 2012 Scion TC in cement AUTOMATIC (because my girlfriend doesn't want to drive stick, and she uses it sometimes). My first car was a stick, so I know what I am missing. It sucks, but it'll have to do. The car is a lease, so I have the option of buying it in 3 years - something I have considered and will consider until the expiration of my lease.

A little bit about me: I'm a full-time DJ - I gig about 4-5 times a week at clubs and bars. I was looking for a car that fit my love for driving and style along with a good price, reliability, and something with a TON of cargo room. After having a minivan for 4 years, getting used to a 2 door is kinda difficult. I had auto sliding doors and auto rear hatch on the minivan, and I had 4 Kicker L7s in it.

Other than that, the car is on a 3 year, 45,000 mile lease and after having driven it for only 1800 miles, I'm almost positive I will be buying it after the lease is up. The styling is so aggressive, it handles nicely for a 21k car, and the engine is definitely got some juice to it (although the auto transmission sucks). With the subs, the bug guard in the roof rattles likes like a snake!

I'm excited to be a part of the community. I don't plan on many mods the car. The major ones include smoked taillights, tints on windows, and a CAI/Exhaust in about a year or so when I move down to Florida from NY. I have already done two things - 1) Installed an HID kit from HIDextra (35W 5000K) 2) Installed a pair of Kicker 12s in a box with an Alpine amp that I had laying around. I did a nice clean install and these things BUMP. I use the stock head unit, even though I have a Pioneer MVM-8200BT and a Jensen VM9312 sitting in my room. I also have a set of 6 1/2 Alpine Type-R components and a 150W 4CH Alpine amplifier that I don't quite know what to do with yet. If you guys have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

The biggest rule about this car right now is that I can't spend too much money on it. My girl and I just got a new apartment and we need furniture. Every mod on this is going to be budget friendly with parts that I can get for SUPER cheap or with stuff I have laying around. Mind you I'm also a full-time DJ so I have enough cabling to run this car many times through.

Here are some pics.

HID (Left - After / Right - Before)
Old 12-20-2011, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

good start so far i like the massive subs lol
Old 12-20-2011, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yardleyTC
good start so far i like the massive subs lol
There is definitely no comparison between having subs and not having subs. The stock system can only do so much without low end compensation. Plus, once you set the head unit to subs on it kills the lows from the door speakers and they sounds infinitely better. I'm gonna put these Type-Rs in the back soon though.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:12 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

DJ huh??

mod your tC like this...

and call it a write off/work expense

(by the way...that's the xB my car club uses when we host events)
Old 12-20-2011, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ that's a real car? It looks like a RC car!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:44 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

its real...let me see if i can find a photo from the ones i took myself...

EDIT: the orange thing in the back
Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the forum and glad.to see another cement in the family. I also have a cement and love the car. Oh if you plan on buying new furnitre from a store, a good deal is about 18% or more off the price. just some insight on that since I sell furniture lol.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Of course im in Texas so it may be a. little from where you are
Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ESEMRFOZZ13
shes not controlling my life - she's making sure that I can afford food and a bed before I spend money on an intake exhaust.

Furniture wise, there is a SICK place about 25 min from me that sells scratch and dent furniture. Full (real) leather couches for $65, with a scuff mark. I can live with that. Besides, I'm going to law school next year, I have to save up for $60,000 a year and not worry about modding my car too much. I wanna have fun and not break the bank.

Last edited by WellesleyScion; 12-21-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to SL. Don't spend too much time on here or you'll blow your plan to not spend much money modding your ride!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
Welcome to SL. Don't spend too much time on here or you'll blow your plan to not spend much money modding your ride!
Thanks!

And like I said, ALL my mods will be budget friendly with equipment I already have, can get for cheap, or free. My next step is an LED swap for interior which should be $20.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
Couldn't agree more!

Welcome to the site fellow cement owner!