Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Does this car have a "fun to drive" factor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
Guy did a good job with the video, but I will say one thing. His house looked nice enough, but it couldn't have cost more than like $80k. I mean, he lives in Canada!
I did not knoww housing was so cheap there! That's easily a $200k house in the south, $600k in Cali....lol
Old 09-16-2011, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so plain and simple. what as been the buying slogan for this car. its fun to drive and its the "best bang for your buck"

BUY ONE!!! lol
Old 09-16-2011, 04:45 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jtk2
BUY ONE!!! lol
buy two!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Druidiron
Check out this video. Yeah, its an automatic, and the manual is even more fun to drive. At one point the guy says he looked at everything under $40k, (I wish I had that kind of budget) including Porsche , and he chose the tC. Sure, he could be exagerating, but seeing his house at the end.......I dont think he was. Pretty much says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixXjrizzkB0

This is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned, and the manual gets even better after you put a TWM short shifter in there.
There are better cars for 40k. Hell, there are better cars for 25k but the tC(the tc1 more so than the tc2) strikes a good balance between looks, performance, comfort, and feature content. IDK about the tc2 but yes, the tc1 is fun to drive.

A note on vsc: There are times when I go for a corner(when i see that noone is around and there is sufficient space to overrun) where I would rather skid a bit than hit a virtual wall.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Don't hate on the tC2. If Scion hadn't changed the body style to what it is now, I would have never bought a tC.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In 2005, when it was introduced it was a cheap car(tc2 probably costs the same adjusting for inflation) that had a ipod capable radio, decent handling, POWER(relative to the competition), auto up-down windows, leather wrapped wheel with audio controls, that fancy digital climate control, and a FRIGGIN GLASS ROOF(which was only available on luxury cars and the isuzu amigo). This made it the best value among economy cars. When i got mine in 2007 the car was still untouchable with side airbags as standard and an ipod interface that unlike others(honda) actually worked. Seriously, all the small luxury touches made it almost feel like a lexus. The new tC axed most of what made the original feel special; No longer are there soft touch materials on the door panels or dashboard, the map lights are gone and auto up down windows and fancy climate controls have been replaced with the parts bin special.

I'm not saying that it's a bad car, it's a great car. The engine and 6-speed trans(mt) are a great improvement, the seats are more comfortable, and that steering wheel uhm...excites me. But, it has lost what made it special years ago and the competition has caught up.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Fair enough.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

H3ll yeah! haha its so fun to drive with a 6 speed manual transmission. I got mine in SuperWhite tC2. The handling is very responsive and the car's balance feels great. I can hit turns and corners at 40mph - 45 mph and I won't feel a thing. Best FWD car on the market for the best price. 20k for a sporty car
Old 09-17-2011, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Misterlu
H3ll yeah! haha its so fun to drive with a 6 speed manual transmission. I got mine in SuperWhite tC2. The handling is very responsive and the car's balance feels great. I can hit turns and corners at 40mph - 45 mph and I won't feel a thing. Best FWD car on the market for the best price. 20k for a sporty car
Lol I hit a 25mph corner at 45mph in 2 gear and about the middle of the turn I let off the gas and the tail end of the car slid out like in a drift or power slide I got back on the gas and it kept drifting until I straightened it out I was testing out what the car could do with the trac & vsc off. I don't condone this type of driving nor am I going to take any responsibility if you try this and get in an accident I was on a private rode and wanted to get a feel for the turn in and handling before I get my cusco strut bar. So yes this car is fun to drive!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:59 AM

Ok I Think I have a good idea from you guys. Thanks for the replies!!! Also is there any way to turn off the traction control in this car?
Old 09-18-2011, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by battlearmor
Ok I Think I have a good idea from you guys. Thanks for the replies!!! Also is there any way to turn off the traction control in this car?
Press and hold the traction control button until two lights come on than the traction control and the vehicle stability control are deactivated until you press the traction control button once at a full stop or turn the car off
Old 09-18-2011, 05:20 AM

Deactivated at higher speeds too? I thought I read it turns back on at 30mph
Old 09-18-2011, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you just press the button, traction control turns off until you hit about 35 mph. (you can do this while the car is moving very slow)

If you hold the button until both lights come on (indicating trac control and VSC are both off), they stay off until you push the button again or turn off the car. (the car must be completely stopped to do this)
Old 09-19-2011, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brenex
I... didn't know it would be more fun to drive like this. I must test this out later today!
Did you ever test it out? What'd you think with the traction control off???
Old 09-19-2011, 12:58 PM

Ok this is all great info,

I had another question, I didnt want to start a whole new thread,

I know scion has the pure price, but does that include taxes?

I got a print out from the dealrship that said the price, and dealer fees and all that, does that include taxes or not?

Thanks
Old 09-19-2011, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The taxes are charged by your state so pure pricing has nothing to do with it. The dealer has to have disclosure of charges so, it will clearly say "tax" next to one of the numbers on your form IF it was added on. Some states require the dealer to add tax so the sttate gets payed in a timely manner, like Texas. Arkansas makes the individual do all the leg work, and the dealer will not tell you about tax unless you ask.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aye, an' taxes be a wee bit strange on carrs if yer tradin' in an old carr. Ye will only pay tax on t' difference, not t' full price o' t' new carr.

Hope dis helps ya' matey

Name:  Pirate.gif
Views: 750
Size:  11.6 KB

Last edited by MightyP; 09-19-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
Aye, an' taxes be a wee bit strange on carrs if yer tradin' in an old carr. Ye will only pay tax on t' difference, not t' full price o' t' new carr.

Hope dis helps ya' matey

So ummm....what's up with the pirate thing man.......
Old 09-19-2011, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
Old 09-19-2011, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scratch

Wish I would have known about this around 5am, I feel like its too late to start now

Quick Reply: Does this car have a "fun to drive" factor?