Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Greenbean24's tC2 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well at 19 years old you are doing well!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Naaah I'm just hatin on ya man lol you've got some nice rides.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whats up fellas,

It's been a while since I've updated my thread!

I'm always reading and devouring the info here on the tC2 forums, and I must say a lot of good info has surfaced since the cars release in Sept/Oct; Good work people!

Anyways, I haven't done much recently to the tC partially because not much is out yet, but also because my ideas are constantly being shaped from mods posted here on the forums. But that's the best part about Scions IMO, the individuality that attracted me to the brand in the first place!

Installed some front license plate mounts on the car, had them on my tC1 before I traded them in.... from bbzero here on the forums. They fit great and besides taking about 10 screws out from the underbody plastic the install was super easy (the screws were easy too, just a lot of them!) Hope you guys like the look.....

Name:  DSCF0597.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  DSCF0598.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  42.6 KB

Name:  DSCF0599.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  64.4 KB

Other than that I am still waiting on more parts to come to market, especially coilovers!

I had my mind set on Stance coilovers when I bought the car, but after talking to them I am looking at 2012 before they even develop a set, so I've been leaning towards pulling the trigger on the Tein SS-P coilovers.

The only concern I have is that they wont go low enough, because I'm really wanting to slam this thing, its gonna look sick! If you have any info or suggestions feel free to let me know!

Thanks,

Austin
Old 03-13-2011, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Tein released their coilovers. Think its a 2.3" front and 2.6" back.

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/tc-2..._736_4560.html
Old 03-14-2011, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I saw that on the tein site, it got me thinking that they wouldn't go low enough. I think my tC1 was dropped about 3.5" and it wasn't really that low...

But then again it's a whole new car! Lol
Old 03-14-2011, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by greenbean24
Installed some front license plate mounts on the car, had them on my tC1 before I traded them in.... from bbzero here on the forums. They fit great and besides taking about 10 screws out from the underbody plastic the install was super easy (the screws were easy too, just a lot of them!) Hope you guys like the look.....
I picked up the same ones not long ago. They're great! I highly recommend them for anyone!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I saw that on the tein site, it got me thinking that they wouldn't go low enough. I think my tC1 was dropped about 3.5" and it wasn't really that low...

But then again it's a whole new car! Lol

I am having the same issue with pulling the trigger on Tein's... I am going to want more low than the ~2.5 they offer... I guess we could get them and just pull the perch rings... but why go through all of that when Stance or even Racelands will eventually be out and we can get the low that we desire...
Old 03-14-2011, 03:32 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Whats up fellas,

It's been a while since I've updated my thread!

I'm always reading and devouring the info here on the tC2 forums, and I must say a lot of good info has surfaced since the cars release in Sept/Oct; Good work people!

Anyways, I haven't done much recently to the tC partially because not much is out yet, but also because my ideas are constantly being shaped from mods posted here on the forums. But that's the best part about Scions IMO, the individuality that attracted me to the brand in the first place!

Other than that I am still waiting on more parts to come to market, especially coilovers!

I had my mind set on Stance coilovers when I bought the car, but after talking to them I am looking at 2012 before they even develop a set, so I've been leaning towards pulling the trigger on the Tein SS-P coilovers.

The only concern I have is that they wont go low enough, because I'm really wanting to slam this thing, its gonna look sick! If you have any info or suggestions feel free to let me know!

Thanks,

Austin
nice

i was actually talking to bbzero about his product...he didnt have any material at the time and hadn't done one on a tc2 yet. he said it looked similar to an 08tc which ended up installing the plate at an angle rather than straight......thats mainly why i decided to mount the my plate on my own

...anyways i'm glad it came out as nice as it did! bbzero's work is really good and i'm glad it made its way to the tc2's
Old 03-15-2011, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by WellesleyScion
I am having the same issue with pulling the trigger on Tein's... I am going to want more low than the ~2.5 they offer... I guess we could get them and just pull the perch rings... but why go through all of that when Stance or even Racelands will eventually be out and we can get the low that we desire...
The wait is killing me bro! I KNOW it's gonna be badass looking, it's just not achievable...yet lol

On a side note, a buddy of mine on Zilvia mentioned that Fortune Auto (US Company) (http://www.fortune-auto.net/) usually will make a completely new coilover set if they have 10 people interested (I'm guessing with some sort of deposit), so maybe we could try something like that on here...???

What do you guys think?

-Austin
Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The wait is killing me bro! I KNOW it's gonna be badass looking, it's just not achievable...yet lol

On a side note, a buddy of mine on Zilvia mentioned that Fortune Auto (US Company) (http://www.fortune-auto.net/) usually will make a completely new coilover set if they have 10 people interested (I'm guessing with some sort of deposit), so maybe we could try something like that on here...???

What do you guys think?

-Austin

Looks like $1000 for the equivelent of Basics, and $2600 for the equivelent of SSP's... But I couldnt find anywhere that showed maximum drop on any of thier production coilovers for any model...
Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do you guys think?

-Austin

that shirt she's wearing is dope. where can i get one? haha
Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@wellesley,

Dude in our club got fortune autos for his S14 and they looked amazing, quality and finish. And they go lowwww
Old 04-03-2011, 08:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mini update:

Installed the BBM eyelids and TBL... Didn't like them and I ended up peeling them off :/ the TBL was the wrong color red and the eyelids, eh just not my style I guess.

Also installed the dr. Iso .600" cage bushings and I really like them. Combined with the cable bushings they make the stock shifter seem crisp and precise! Good buy.

No word on coilovers, super sad face
Old 04-03-2011, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

question on the license plate mount. where did you guys get'em again? i forgot... and what did you use to cover up the wholes on the original spot? sorry im noob.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Never had holes drilled, requested that at the stealership.

And I got them from a guy on here, bbzero. There's a thread somewhere in the xB, or tC forum
Old 04-04-2011, 12:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They're actually sold in the classifieds section.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/show...96#post3613196
Old 04-04-2011, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks Mighty!,

I was too lazy to search
Old 04-04-2011, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mmmm.... thanks...
Old 04-04-2011, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

@wellesley,

Dude in our club got fortune autos for his S14 and they looked amazing, quality and finish. And they go lowwww

Tax returns may end up going to a set of coils... not sure which ones though...
Old 04-10-2011, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  bump.gif
Views: 30
Size:  6.1 KB

Quick Reply: Greenbean24's tC2 build thread