Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Here Comes the Ketchup Club. Release Series 8.0 Build Thread (Spec D Tails)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Newman
you got very lucky there, i am glad you're enjoying it!

I was on the fence about the pulley for a while, but i have seen people who have had them for many many miles on their cars w/o any issues so i figured I'd give one a shot. I cannot afford one now but maybe after i am done with most of my mods, i'd get the pulley before the unichip.
You would be very surprised how much fun is lost through the heavy stock pulley. It would almost be pointless to unichip ahead of time.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:54 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL "Ketchup Club" love it and keep it up dude
Old 01-09-2014, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Delaware has no front plates and I didn't want the little black Hitler mustache on the front of the car anymore...

Welcome Carbon Fiber TRD front plate.

Name:  image9_zps86856537.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  144.0 KB

K2 Tails arrive today.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good!
i wish NJ didnt need front plates haha
Old 01-10-2014, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice (y)

You're lucky you don't need front plates, trust me, they SUCK.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SkillFreeJake
Nice (y)

You're lucky you don't need front plates, trust me, they SUCK.
I bought the car in VA where they have front plates. I would go clean and delete the front plate, but they were nice enough to chew the bumper underneath the bracket to pieces. I swear they used deck screws. Oh well. TRD it is. At least you have yours mounted all fancy and what not.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pfdumigan
I bought the car in VA where they have front plates. I would go clean and delete the front plate, but they were nice enough to chew the bumper underneath the bracket to pieces. I swear they used deck screws. Oh well. TRD it is. At least you have yours mounted all fancy and what not.
If you consider zip ties fancy, then I guess so lol.

The dealer chewed up my bumper too but I just try to ignore it.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I live dangerous (I'm from Cali if you didn't already know)

ain't nobody got time for front license plates
Old 01-10-2014, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you take them off for the meet? or do you drive around without one too lol?
Old 01-10-2014, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
I live dangerous (I'm from Cali if you didn't already know)

ain't nobody got time for front license plates
This guy with his fancy "hole-less" bumper.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

It's always like that.
here's me in a parking garage

a normal garage

at a cemetery

Long story, but I don't even have my front license plate anymore.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldn't use mine either, it's not currently a ticketable offense in TX (loop hole), but I've already been harassed by a State Trooper once for just having it in my windshield. TX State Troopers are all plicks. Fact.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why not order a set of nylon style bumper plugs man? I am not a Scion owner anymore, but when I built my tC, all my parts were real TRD legit parts (S/C, intake, exhaust, rims, BBK, clutch, anti-sways, shocks/struts/springs, short shift kit, ****, RS1 seats, RS1 grill, TRD mats). My real license plate was TRD-VVTI. But I wouldnt put the fake carbon stuff on.

Find a set of white nylon bumper caps (plugs), and someone to paint them in your paint code. Should cost you like $20 max, painted. Someone here might even do them. I bought mine (when I had the tC) from bumperplugs.com I think. Also bought the door "keyhole" plugs.

And if I were you, while your car is new - buy the 3M paint shield spray on kit. Lasts 3 years (minimum), wont yellow, and will protect your bumper and keep it fresh. I have a 08 SI black coupe - supercharged (Rotrex twin screw) and bought the HFP (Honda Factory Performance) front, rear and sides, and bought a new front end (also HFP suspension, and HFP rims) . Had it painted, sprayed the front end myself. Everything you need comes in the kit to mask your car off, a temporary cover, and a hand-sprayer for the kit. I think I spent maybe $50? Looks perfect, protects your front from chips/scratches ect, and can be removed, and re-applied in a few years if you want to keep the front end new. Since I spent so much re-doing my front end and body kit, I wanted it to be perfect.

Its just me, and I am picky, but I am not a fan of peeps who put the window visors advertising the car brand, and fake carbon. Those 2 things get me for some reason, but I dont do stickers, and I like clean, mean, and fast. I guess thats cuz I spend/spent a lot of money for real carbon for my CBR1000rr and RC51 racebike. I like the real stuff. Except when it comes to t1ts. Fake or real, I love the feel.

EDIT: Its the 3M Paint Defender system. Google it or Amazon.com.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-05-2017 at 04:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-13-2014, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and if I am not making myself clear, the 3M Paint Defender is a clear bra that you apply from a spray can, and its REALLY hard to screw it up. Just have a clean garage - and dont do it on a day when people are cutting grass or something. It dries fast, just prep it well, and you cant tell its on. I did not mean to sound like I painted my own bumper - Honda's shop did that. I did the application of the 3M Paint Protection Kit after I let the bumper set up and dry for 2 months in my spare bedroom, before it even went on the car. They said it only needed 2 weeks, but I wasnt in a hurry, and have a lot vehicles to pick from in my mini-collection. Plus the S/C was getting installed, tuned, and tracked at the same time anyways.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 12-05-2017 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good progress. Did you go to Toyota World in Newark to get the pulley put on?

Also, did your girl (assuming the girl in the pic) go to Oxford by any chance? She seems familiar.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by russiankid
Good progress. Did you go to Toyota World in Newark to get the pulley put on?

Also, did your girl (assuming the girl in the pic) go to Oxford by any chance? She seems familiar.
Newark Toyotaworld indeed. Nope, no affiliation to Oxford. She is from Charlottesville and went to University of Delaware with me.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
Why not order a set of nylon style bumper plugs man? I am not a scion owner anymore, but when I built my tC, all my parts were real TRD legit parts (S/C, intake, exhaust, rims, BBK, clutch, anti-sways, shocks/struts/springs, short shift kit, ****, RS1 seats, RS1 grill, TRD mats). My real license plate was TRD-VVTI. But I wouldnt put the fake carbon stuff on.

Find a set of white nylon bumper caps (plugs), and someone to paint them in your paint code. Should cost you like $20 max, painted. Someone here might even do them. I bought mine (when I had the tc) from bumperplugs.com I think. Also bought the door "keyhole" plugs.

And if I were you, while your car is new - buy the 3M paint shield spray on kit. Lasts 3 years (minimum), wont yellow, and will protect your bumper and keep it fresh. I have a 08 SI black coupe - supercharged (rotrex twin screw) and bought the HFP (honda factory performance) front, rear and sides, and bought a new front end (also HFP suspension, and HFP rims) . Had it painted, sprayed the front end myself. Everything you need comes in the kit to mask your car off, a temporary cover, and a hand-sprayer for the kit. I think I spent maybe $50? Looks perfect, protects your front from chips/scratches ect, and can be removed, and re-applied in a few years if you want to keep the front end new. Since I spent so much re-doing my front end and body kit, I wanted it to be perfect.

Its just me, and I am picky, but I am not a fan of peeps who put the window visors advertising the car brand, and fake carbon. Those 2 things get me for some reason, but I dont do stickers, and I like clean, mean, and fast. I guess thats cuz I spend/spent a lot of money for real carbon for my CBR1000rr and RC51 racebike. I like the real stuff. Except when it comes to t1ts. Fake or real, I love the feel.

EDIT: Its the 3M paint defender system. Google it or amazon.com.
Oh I know where to get bumper plugs. The unfortunate thing is that the bumper is chewed up. Think about how a 5/4" deck board dumps wood chips and such around the screw hole after it is put in / backed out. Now when you remove the screw it has a bunch of plastic shavings and curly pieces that protrude out along with a cone effect from where it pulled the body out. Short of sanding and repainting the area, the front plate had to stay.

Good looks on the 3M recommendation. I already have hood chips/ fender chips / and a fun one above my fog light so it won't save me too much now. I will definitely look into it though.

Now mister "I hate fake CF," it's not fake CF. It is a metal half plate with a single layer of carbon fiber layed on top and rolled over the edge. It is then cleared/ "gel coated" before the TRD vinyl is applied on top. And just to appease you, I have a Vis CF Hood coming in the next month so I don't have to worry about anymore chips.

If you know someone with some CF bewbs then you better hit me up. I'm definitely coming over.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Newark Toyotaworld indeed. Nope, no affiliation to Oxford. She is from Charlottesville and went to University of Delaware with me.
Gotcha, they're the ones who replaced my trans and forgot to tighten up a motor mount. She definitely seems familiar for some reason though.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by russiankid
Gotcha, they're the ones who replaced my trans and forgot to tighten up a motor mount. She definitely seems familiar for some reason though.
Yikes. Did they at least take care of it and not give you trouble? She says "People tell me i look familiar all the time. Maybe I just have one of those faces."
Old 01-14-2014, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yikes. Did they at least take care of it and not give you trouble? She says "People tell me i look familiar all the time. Maybe I just have one of those faces."
I didn't bother going back. I drove it home and noticed a banging noise and when I got home I noticed it was loose so I just torqued it down. And maybe she does, haha.

Quick Reply: Here Comes the Ketchup Club. Release Series 8.0 Build Thread (Spec D Tails)