5 Year Member
SL Member

green. the brake dust was also stupid....hated those pads

i dont even get how a bike rack is a "show mod"
Old 07-16-2013, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What pads did you end up switching to? How are they?

And people get racks for show mainly to make them look like they are cool, active, and athletic.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:57 PM
SL Member

Nice car mate, quick question, hows the tire wear due to that rear camber issue we all facing...
Old 09-16-2013, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey thanks man. Tire wear is completely normal. I have over 56k on my car and still on the original equipment tires (except for one that needed to be replaced due to a puncture). I never even got an alignment after installing springs. The key is just making sure you get your rotation done every 5k.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:27 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
Hey thanks man. Tire wear is completely normal. I have over 56k on my car and still on the original equipment tires (except for one that needed to be replaced due to a puncture). I never even got an alignment after installing springs. The key is just making sure you get your rotation done every 5k.
thnx mate, now im pretty sure that I will be lowering soon. Hate that wheel gap =)
Old 09-16-2013, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hear ya. I had my car for over a year before I lowered it and I completely fell in love with it all over again when the springs were installed.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Time for me to take my foot out of my mouth with regards to the subject of the importance of alignment after a spring install.

Today, I just replaced all of my tires and got an alignment for the first time since I've owned the car. I have over 56k miles on the car and installed my springs around 2 years ago. I was still rolling on the OE Toyo tires as well.

The alignment was way out of spec as a result of the spring install. The tires were in terrible shape, with the steel belting begining to show on them.

The dealer quoted me over $1200 for 3 tires and mounting/balancing (one tire was less than a year old since I needed to replace one due to a puncture). Luckily I was able to find a great deal on new OE Toyos from eBay for $135 per tire and free shipping. Then spent $94 at the dealer getting them mounted and balanced, for a total of $500 installed instead of $1200. Spent another $90 on the alignment.

The moral of the story...after lowering, get your alignment like most members on here will tell you. I was stupid for going against this...lesson learned.

Another moral...if you need to replace your OE tires cheaply, try to get replacement Toyos from this seller: "rwtoyota"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYO-PROXES-...#ht_471wt_1170

I purchased my first replacement from them last year and purchaesd three from them last week and they all arrived in outstanding condition.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Time for me to take my foot out of my mouth with regards to the subject of the importance of alignment after a spring install.

Today, I just replaced all of my tires and got an alignment for the first time since I've owned the car. I have over 56k miles on the car and installed my springs around 2 years ago. I was still rolling on the OE Toyo tires as well.

The alignment was way out of spec as a result of the spring install. The tires were in terrible shape, with the steel belting begining to show on them.

The dealer quoted me over $1200 for 3 tires and mounting/balancing (one tire was less than a year old since I needed to replace one due to a puncture). Luckily I was able to find a great deal on new OE Toyos from eBay for $135 per tire and free shipping. Then spent $94 at the dealer getting them mounted and balanced, for a total of $500 installed instead of $1200. Spent another $90 on the alignment.

The moral of the story...after lowering, get your alignment like most members on here will tell you. I was stupid for going against this...lesson learned.

Another moral...if you need to replace your OE tires cheaply, try to get replacement Toyos from this seller: "rwtoyota"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYO-PROXES-...#ht_471wt_1170

I purchased my first replacement from them last year and purchaesd three from them last week and they all arrived in outstanding condition.
Told you! Glad you were able to cut your costs down.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:39 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

finally. now u can stop undermining all of us when we try to tell people about the important of alignment. lol

glad u got it taken care of dude, stay safe
Old 09-23-2013, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha yeah guys i definitely used to undermine anyone who preaches alignments, but not anymore!

what ____es me off even more is that the old dealer i was taking my car to didn't say a single damn thing about my tires wearing unevenly. they HAD to have noticed that before this time around, especially considering i took it to them every 5k miles. this was the first time i took it to this particular dealer since i just moved and it was the very first thing they told me.

whatever, i'm safe and i did get 56k miles out of the original tires, which i guess is pretty good, right?
Old 09-24-2013, 12:30 AM

Default Looks Great! Need some help of my own!

i had a long time ago had a friend install a tachometer on the driver side pillar. I am not sure how he got the wires where he did. I want to know a couple things.

1) how to remove the wires from that location

2) if i am able to find a replacement piller since there are holes in mine from mounting the tachometer.

Thank you for your help all!
Attached Thumbnails Just An Old Retired "Build Thread"..-img_0233%5B1%5D.jpg   Just An Old Retired "Build Thread"..-img_0234%5B1%5D.jpg   Just An Old Retired "Build Thread"..-img_0235%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 09-24-2013, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Kojo, welcome to the forum!

I suggest starting a separate thread with that question. This thread is a build thread. Build threads are made specifically for the original poster of the thread to share updates on their own ride. Also for other members of the forum to come and ask that original poster about their ride and share ideas.

If you have a question like this, you can simply create a thread specifically with regards to your question. This way, you'll get maximum exposure to your question and get an answer quicker. As always, make sure you search the forum first to make sure this question hasn't already been asked and answered.

Lastly, make sure are in the right section of the forum. That dash does not look like it belongs to a tC2 (2011+).

I hope you find the answer to your question!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:36 AM
SL Member

haha yeah guys i definitely used to undermine anyone who preaches alignments, but not anymore!

what ____es me off even more is that the old dealer i was taking my car to didn't say a single damn thing about my tires wearing unevenly. they HAD to have noticed that before this time around, especially considering i took it to them every 5k miles. this was the first time i took it to this particular dealer since i just moved and it was the very first thing they told me.

whatever, i'm safe and i did get 56k miles out of the original tires, which i guess is pretty good, right?
so long story ____, if I will lower my car on springs, tires still will wear differently no matter if I will rotate them evey 5-6k or not, right?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, the long story short is that your tires will wear differently no matter what if you don't get an alignment. Yeah you will definitely incur some extra camber from lowering and it is not adjustable for the most part. But toe is the real killer of tires, which can be corrected by an alignment. Looking at the alignment sheet, my toe was alllll jacked up all around.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:59 PM
SL Member

dang i guess i should get alignment asap now. but 56k on those tires is actually pretty good so i dont think your at any loss
Old 09-24-2013, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely get one. Even if you think your car still drives straight for the most part (like mine did).
Old 09-24-2013, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to the nearest Firestone center. 190 ish for lifetime alignments as long as you own the car. If you hit a pothole or bad pavement joint, you can just swing in and get it corrected.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, that's actually pretty cool! Good information!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some much needed love. Haven't had the car washed in WELL over a year :-/

Name:  20130926_103743.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  250.0 KB
Old 09-26-2013, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Roof rack is just too sexy.

Quick Reply: Just An Old Retired "Build Thread"..