Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Just An Old Retired "Build Thread"..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wait...how could he still give you a ticket when he clearly walks to the front of you car and sees white?
Old 11-27-2013, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't get it how on earth did he see blue if they are white?:?
Old 11-27-2013, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know he saw the projectors blue flicker effect from far as I was coming down that curved road and probably thought to himself "let me bust this sucker, might as well score another ticket before the month ends"
I did not talk back to him or fought him with the about the blue lights he claims I had neither was i going to go in detail about modding headlights either so I just signed the ticket and left. My time is more valuable than his.

Here is the pic of the ticket
Old 11-27-2013, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Newman
i don't get it how on earth did he see blue if they are white?:?
I have no clue, but ill see him in court, most likely he wont show up and the judge will dismiss the citation.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just take it as a compliment man. Means you did a spot-on job with your new lens/shield. Leave it at that!
Old 11-28-2013, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

did he say the looks good?
none of what he did makes sense other than he was just a total jerk to you lol.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:56 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the "I know / looks good" part is quote as if that was ur response to him. Basically he's putting words in your mouth that you accept guilt (even though according to your story you didn't)
Old 12-02-2013, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Didn't think about it that way...makes sense...
Old 12-18-2013, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Takeda Attack CAI For Sale

See the pic for yourself. Excellent condition...filter just needs some cleaning. Had this on my ride for two years and not a single CEL. Verifiable right here in this thread. All accessories that came with it new are still included and unused.

$180 shipped anywhere in the continental US.

Name:  IMG_8230.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  85.7 KB
Old 12-19-2013, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The intake sold before the night was even over...sweet.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I've got the stock air box back on (minus the snorkel) after having the Takeda installed for about 2 years. Here are a few quick impressions about going back to stock.

- The Takeda never really added much sound in the first place. It has always been installed in combination with some sort of exhaust product, so it's been hard to tell if it ever made a difference in that area.

- I do feel as though I have a tad more low-end power and throttle response when compared to the Takeda. It's nice because that's where I keep my RPM needle most of the time anyway.

- Unfortunately, I do notice that the car isn't quite as peppy in the high-end. With the Takeda, mashing the gas at speeds around 40-50 usually makes the car downshift quickly and immediately pull hard. Now with the stock air box, this downshift happens smoother and slower and the car doesn't immediately pull as hard as it did with the Takeda.

It's nice to be back stock though. Everything I mentioned above were all subtle differences that won't be noticed at all once a week goes by.

I would pull the Dezod header off too but the car sounds too damn good with the Dezod/TRD exhaust combination.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd snag the header if you ever feel like pulling it off

why did you decide to remove the snorkel? i always thought that tube sucked in the coolest air down below.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good to know! :D

I've heard all these kids ranting and raving about how awesome it is to remove the snorkel, so I gave it a shot.

The snorkel has two characteristics that make it worth leaving off:

- It reduces the size of the air inlet. The inlet at the end of the snorkel is noticeably smaller than the inlet that is on the side of the air box.

- It doesn't really pull in cooler air. The snorkel is about a foot long and doesn't extend down towards the bottom of the bumper like my CAI did. It just shoots straight sideways towards the rear of the headlight. The hole in the side of the box already faces away from the engine towards the rear of the headlight anyway so the temp difference must be marginal at best.

My guess is that it's there for sound damping purposes...or to detune the engine so that the TRD intake is worth it...who knows. The snorkel on the TRD intake is noticeably larger than the stock snorkel.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting how you notice better throttle response with the stock air box. I am the complete opposite, with the stock air box I feel as if throttle response is more delayed than it already is. With the AEM intake that I had (junk), throttle response was better and now with the Injen SRI it is better. I also agree with the higher end pull, with the stock air box it feels more sluggish.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
So I've got the stock air box back on (minus the snorkel) after having the Takeda installed for about 2 years. Here are a few quick impressions about going back to stock.

- The Takeda never really added much sound in the first place. It has always been installed in combination with some sort of exhaust product, so it's been hard to tell if it ever made a difference in that area.

- I do feel as though I have a tad more low-end power and throttle response when compared to the Takeda. It's nice because that's where I keep my RPM needle most of the time anyway.

- Unfortunately, I do notice that the car isn't quite as peppy in the high-end. With the Takeda, mashing the gas at speeds around 40-50 usually makes the car downshift quickly and immediately pull hard. Now with the stock air box, this downshift happens smoother and slower and the car doesn't immediately pull as hard as it did with the Takeda.

It's nice to be back stock though. Everything I mentioned above were all subtle differences that won't be noticed at all once a week goes by.

I would pull the Dezod header off too but the car sounds too damn good with the Dezod/TRD exhaust combination.
Don't worry. She's going to a good home. Looks like I gotta start my own build thread with this Takeda on the way and Hyper Yellow Fogs right behind them.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by russiankid
Interesting how you notice better throttle response with the stock air box. I am the complete opposite, with the stock air box I feel as if throttle response is more delayed than it already is. With the AEM intake that I had (junk), throttle response was better and now with the Injen SRI it is better. I also agree with the higher end pull, with the stock air box it feels more sluggish.
Yeah, just in the low end though. The Takeda ruled every category in the high end.
Originally Posted by pfdumigan
Don't worry. She's going to a good home. Looks like I gotta start my own build thread with this Takeda on the way and Hyper Yellow Fogs right behind them.
Do it man! I think you'll be the only RS8 build thread.

Take good care of the Takeda...it took good care of me!

Remember, disconnect the battery while you are installing the intake so the ECU will be reset by the time you go to crank the car. If you don't, the ECU will be confused by all the new air it is getting and it will throw a CEL and traction control light.

It's ok though...if you forget to disconnect the battery and get the CEL and trac lights, you can still turn the car back off and disconnect the battery and reconnect and crank again and it will go away.

Expect the car to not crank the first time after reconnecting the battery. It always cranks up the second time.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How many miles on the car as of now? Have you replaced or upgraded the shock absorbers?
Old 01-17-2014, 04:07 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by biglilsteve

Steve, why are you thinking of removing your Dezod header?
Old 01-17-2014, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KILLER
How many miles on the car as of now? Have you replaced or upgraded the shock absorbers?
I have just under 61k on the car right now I believe. Still running original equipment shocks and struts.
Originally Posted by blktc2
Steve, why are you thinking of removing your Dezod header?
Honestly, just because I wouldn't mind the car being quieter on the inside. However, I really don't feel like going through all the labor to put the OE one back on. Also, the exhaust note just sounds damn good on the outside with my TRD axle back.

Like seriously...I know everyone on this site thinks they have the best exhaust in the world. But I 100% guarantee there isn't a single exhaust that can compare to a Dezod/TRD combo. It's far from the loudest...but the exhaust note/tone that it puts out is second to none.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Selling my OE tires and wheels. The wheels are in excellent condition...only two of them have any sort of rash which is minor.

I am just testing the waters to see if anyone would be interested. Obviously local pick-up would be preferred since nobody wants to pay for shipping wheels.

I am located in Columbia, MD.

Quick Reply: Just An Old Retired "Build Thread"..