2011-____ [ANT20]

"Katana" TC2 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Voltagedriver
Hows the stopping power feel on that florida ice when its wet out? My civic never had problems but i feel like the stock tc tires dont stick as well with the power.
Lol I had a kid walk up at my local hang out and say man ur honda is sick, i was like u mean my scion? he was like nah bro ur yellow honda with the black roof. I just laughed.
That's hilarious

My dad was riding with and rained.. there was a twisty section to the parking lot and I'm doing 25 and he's all like be careful its wet. I just laughed.
She grips decent.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

just out of curiosity whered u get the hose part of ur intake? im considering doing a version of this but tucking it up under the bottom driver side of my lower grill
Old 12-01-2011, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just out of curiosity whered u get the hose part of ur intake? im considering doing a version of this but tucking it up under the bottom driver side of my lower grill
Autozone
Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

was it by the intake stuff? or where?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW i miss advanced auto parts from florida :/
Old 12-02-2011, 12:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW i miss advanced auto parts from florida :/
They have em too.. but yeah right by the intake stuff.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What all did u get for the install?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

K&N drop in filter
Flexible hose with removable silicone ends
Plasti-dip
Mesh fabric
Play dough
2 Diff size Box cutters
10mm socket with extender
2 for $1 small paint brushes
Zip ties
|| I had the box cutters, zip ties and socket tools already
Old 03-09-2013, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, its definitely been a hiatus from this thread.. but after a dormant car fund I'm ready to get a couple additions. In terms of engine respiration, i was going to get a weapon R intake and Dezod green header. But recently had a change in heart. Keeping Dezod, dropping Weapon R for K&N Typhoon CAI and adding in the Flowmaster Force ii axle back system. K&N and flowmaster have been in my previous vehicles and besides my good experiences, the reputation has been proven. Some say Flowmaster axel back isn't loud enough, but we'll see how loud it is with Dezod. Plus I don't think it has to be that loud just beefy. Beefy Loud will be a plus.

I am Curious if anyone has combined the Dezod Green header with the flowmaster force ii axle back system? Any sound clips please?
Old 03-10-2013, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nobody has that combination. I am the only person that I know of that has combined Dezod's header with an axle back exhaust. I have the Dezod header and the TRD exhaust. I would imagine you will get a similar sound to mine. Just go on youtube and search "2011 tc dezod". My video will be the first one that pops up.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
Nobody has that combination. I am the only person that I know of that has combined Dezod's header with an axle back exhaust. I have the Dezod header and the TRD exhaust. I would imagine you will get a similar sound to mine. Just go on youtube and search "2011 tc dezod". My video will be the first one that pops up.
sounds nice.. cant tell about rasp with my netbook speakers though.. I just want ZERO Rasp. Flowmaster has always been know to have a throaty rumble.. I mean.. not necessarily for 4-bangers.. but I'd like to think this block has at least improved a bit in acoustics over the last model and over 4-bangers in general with VVT-i and increased displacement. [fingers crossed] so hopefully this [flowmast force ii] being designed for the car specifically; combined with Dezod and K&N CAI it'll sound great.

Email from DEZOD Motorsports.. 2 weeks before shipping out. OMG
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TC-Maverick
sounds nice.. cant tell about rasp with my netbook speakers though.. I just want ZERO Rasp. Flowmaster has always been know to have a throaty rumble.. I mean.. not necessarily for 4-bangers.. but I'd like to think this block has at least improved a bit in acoustics over the last model and over 4-bangers in general with VVT-i and increased displacement. [fingers crossed] so hopefully this [flowmast force ii] being designed for the car specifically; combined with Dezod and K&N CAI it'll sound great.

Email from DEZOD Motorsports.. 2 weeks before shipping out. OMG
I have the Flowmaster Force II on mine along with a Injen SRI and it's sexy!

I received only great comments and it's loud but not too loud... unless you let it go.

I'd like to post a video with sound but the car is stored... bleh!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There will be zero rasp. The video makes it sound like the car is very raspy during the first pull...but that is strictly my camera. The car has absolutely no rasp with this setup.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

biglilsteve, I love the way your car sounds. OP, I can't wait to hear how your sounds as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^thanks man
Old 04-01-2013, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, all is finally installed.
and OMG its loud! No Rasp. And no second CAT either now. Shop talked me into deleting the second since it would get clogged from the lack of primary filtration plus a combo deal between the labor of fixing the lower flange exhaust leak I was left with, when I had to 'modify' the stock gasket to allow fitment on the new header. I used my dads Dremel and the work killed all available bits (4-6). Perhaps there are better bits than grinding stone ones, but these got Clapped. Barely got the d___ gasket on. Limited spring bolts prevented a full torque down to press the gasket into place. Stuck with taking it to the shop and getting different bolts, then the CAT got brought up.
Anywho, I installed all, Spec-d Tails, K&N intake, Flowmaster axelback and Dezod header. Sounds awesome, but some slight disappointment in the quality of the header. Maybe I'm too picky but there where some pitted areas of some weld area. As well a minuscule miss-alignment. Pictures and other reviews when I get time.

Last edited by TC-Maverick; 04-01-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The pitted areas..
Name:  2013-03-29_22-13-58_965.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  42.5 KB

Name:  2013-03-29_22-12-13_835.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  66.7 KB

The better side of things..
Name:  2013-04-01_20-40-02_304.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  79.0 KB

Name:  2013-04-01_20-37-58_863.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  86.0 KB

Name:  lol.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  12.8 KB
Old 04-02-2013, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Honorable mentions to the companies that make being a consumer a pleasure.. [Chronological delivery order, all ordered the same moment]
StreetSideAuto.com: Best price @ the time for K&N Typhoon CAI intake and holy cow fastest delivery free ship
sparktecmotorsports.com: Best price @ the time for Spec-D tails
autoanything.com: Average price, free ship good online ratings
Dezod Motorsports: Best price @ the time for V2 Green Header
Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That thing must be so loud since they talked you into removing the second cat. Honestly sounds like overkill, but if the labor wasn't expensive then it's all good.

So why did you need to modify? What happened? My V1 header fit perfectly.

I'd love to hear a sound clip man.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only reason I caved into deleting the cat was the thought of regret that if it wasn't loud enough. I'd get ripped off for just the delete. Stupid really. Should have just waited to hear what it sounded like without a leak at the lower header flange then act accordingly. Instead, I got the BIGGEST headache trying to get them to give me the cat back. Because, I keep my stock parts and forgot to grab it before i left yesterday. Then dude gave me the biggest bs runaround flat denying to give it back. Gave me two options: pay $50 to put in a resonator or pay $60 to get the cat back uninstalled. !!!!! Livid. After collecting myself, I told one of them to get in my car and rev it. Sounded pretty good, loud but good. couldnt hear rasp, just a very poppity tone from the flowmaster. Angry at the thought of spending more money to dig out of the garbage and pleased with the sound.. I left empty handed.

Even Dezod advertises the necessity to mod the gasket. The diameter of the coupling end of the header is a few millimeters wider than the stock one. Meaning that the interior of this cone shaped gasket needed to be bored out a bit. So long as the exterior shape of the gasket is not compromised, It should fit. The majority composition of the gasket lends to relatively easy grinding and boring. However, it has a wire mesh skeleton and proved troublesome for the Dremel bits I had. Since it killed everything I had at the last micrometers of boring I was stuck convincing it to be more open to things. Possibly increasing the outer diameter by a trivial measure causing the difficulty seating.

I'll post some sort of clip after my club meet tom. I refuse to use my phone out of fear the crap device will deliver crap sound. Use fellow members instead lol
-EDIT- ^^ Fail. Rained out. Rain check.

BTW- it IS overkill. Will eventually get a res, but it doesn't sound that bad IMO.

Last edited by TC-Maverick; 04-04-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply: "Katana" TC2 build thread