Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Modifications and Dealer Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Modifications and Dealer Service

Just want to let you all know that I went to the dealership today for 20,000 mile service for the 1st time with all of my mods. I said F it I'm not gonna remove anything... This includes "iffy" mods like the Injen Intake and Unichip. Dealer didn't say anything. In and out in an hour with fresh free oil change and tire rotation... Dealer is 355 Toyota Scion in Rockville, MD.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-29-2013, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dealerships wont have an issue giving you service, especially your 5, 10, 15, 20k ect service

its only when your saying there is an issue with your vehicle they give you ____ about aftermarket.. such as CELs they go straight for intake/bolt ons, ride quality/shakiness they blame the wheels/tires/suspension aftermarket
Old 05-29-2013, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Toyota tech is a really good friend of mine from high school. He doesn't even mark down my mods. I guess he's suppose to but doesn't lol
Old 05-29-2013, 01:36 AM
SL Member

Its always nice to have such a friend. Im still wondering can I mod my car "lightly" if im leasing? Never got the answer to that question, of cousre I will put the car back to stock before returning but damn I have 3 years ahead and dont feel like driving stock =(
Old 05-29-2013, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MadFunnyBruh
Its always nice to have such a friend. Im still wondering can I mod my car "lightly" if im leasing? Never got the answer to that question, of cousre I will put the car back to stock before returning but damn I have 3 years ahead and dont feel like driving stock =(
Yeah I mean technically it is your car seeing as how you can buy it out at the end as long as you can return it to stock you're ok
Old 05-29-2013, 01:58 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by xB_Toaster
Yeah I mean technically it is your car seeing as how you can buy it out at the end as long as you can return it to stock you're ok
thnx for the reply =) Honestly all I want to do is lower my car on springs or coils and mb like a big mb, do a TRD exhaust. The rest I asked when I picked up the car, meaning tint, fogs & HIDs =)
Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MadFunnyBruh
thnx for the reply =) Honestly all I want to do is lower my car on springs or coils and mb like a big mb, do a TRD exhaust. The rest I asked when I picked up the car, meaning tint, fogs & HIDs =)
Its a pain in the @$$ putting a car back to stock after modding. I always seem to break plastic clips, or strip some bolt installing the mods. Plus the feeling of the car stock after driving around with mods is really depressing.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:21 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by VuDism
Its a pain in the @$$ putting a car back to stock after modding. I always seem to break plastic clips, or strip some bolt installing the mods. Plus the feeling of the car stock after driving around with mods is really depressing.
I know right, but when I will put it back to stock I will trade it for FRS right away and plus I can drive few days stock wont die from it =)