Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

my 2012 tC2 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Klope1
they all help with the handling slightly when installed separately but as a set they work great(traction, mid chassis, and rear strut) and you will definitely fell the difference . the c-pillar bar is for more looks but it does take away the annoying creaking sound from the moon roof when closed. i liked there product thats why im getting the rear chassis bar. and easy to install just need pb blaster to remove bolts and you'll be done in 10-15 min.
That's good to hear, I was on the fence ever since buying a TB strut bar, it's fitment wasn't all that great and I was worried their other parts shared the same problem.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 PM
SL Member

yea i haven't had any issues with their products at all. for the front strut bar i suggest TRD. Thats best performing strut bar. my TB rear chassis bar comes in Thursday I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i haven't had any issues with their products at all. for the front strut bar i suggest TRD. Thats best performing strut bar. my TB rear chassis bar comes in Thursday I'll let you know how it works out.
Haha I should've gotten the TRD one but I got a deal on the Tannbe so I couldn't pass it up. Awe cool it's definitely passed Thursday haha , take some pics if you could?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:18 PM
SL Member

I installed it already but didnt take any pics. I'll be installing my NST pulley next Wednesday so i'll take some pics then. i didn't feel a difference with the rear chassis bar but i could see how it might help with a turbo tC because of the added power. i would recommend the stage 3 kit if trunk space concerns you with the rear strut bar and c-pillar you always take them off and on as you wish wouldn't take more than 5 min. Hey can't go wrong with getting a deal on any parts.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I installed it already but didnt take any pics. I'll be installing my NST pulley next Wednesday so i'll take some pics then. i didn't feel a difference with the rear chassis bar but i could see how it might help with a turbo tC because of the added power. i would recommend the stage 3 kit if trunk space concerns you with the rear strut bar and c-pillar you always take them off and on as you wish wouldn't take more than 5 min. Hey can't go wrong with getting a deal on any parts.
Nice the pulley was one of the first mods I did for my car but it took forever and and a half to get it. Haha

That's good to know cause I plan to turbo mine in the next year or so, I will say that the sway bars have made the most difference in handling by far. Also got a deal on them. Haha
Old 06-21-2013, 12:45 AM
SL Member

i waited about 3 months for the pulley. not that bad compared to others. i just bought the lowering springs and sway bars yesterday so waiting for that to come in. i did consider putting a turbo on my car before i did anything but didn't feel comfortable with all the driving i do. i could see myself doing it to an fr-s as a weekend car for the future.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbo tC= Awesome Daily Driver. Had it on for over a year. The only problem is once you put it on you can't stay out of boost. Once you learn to stay out of boost, you start wanting more power. The problem with that is the low amount of power the stock block can handle (supposedly). Because of this I'm now saving up for a rebuilt block.

That being said, the turbo is by far my most favorite modification I've ever put on my car, and I have a lot...

Last edited by Kyleptrsn1; 06-21-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Can't type...
Old 06-21-2013, 01:47 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kyleptrsn1
Turbo tC= Awesome Daily Driver. Had it on for over a year. The only problem is once you put it on you can't stay out of boost. Once you learn to stay out of boost, you start wanting more power. The problem with that is the low amount of power the stock block can handle (supposedly). Because of this I'm now saving up for a rebuilt block.

That being said, the turbo is by far my most favorite modification I've ever put on my car, and I have a lot...
lol thats what i keep hearing. I'll admit sometimes i think about it but i already spent the money on bolt ons. maybe a super charger if they ever come out with one. But i prefer turbo kits over super chargers. with the SC i get to keep my bolt ons which is a positive. im also keeping a close eye on the dezod rebuilt block.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only bolt ons that will not work with the turbo kit are the intake and the header. I can't speak either way on the Unichip, as I don't think anyone has actually tried to tune a turbo with it. You could sell the intake and header and use the money towards your turbo kit.
The S pipe from the turbo will hook up to any exhaust kit. I have the NST pulley on my car with my turbo kit (mind you its only for looks), short shifter, and TRD strut bar. They all work with the turbo since they are unrelated.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:31 AM
SL Member

The only bolt ons that will not work with the turbo kit are the intake and the header. I can't speak either way on the Unichip, as I don't think anyone has actually tried to tune a turbo with it. You could sell the intake and header and use the money towards your turbo kit.
The S pipe from the turbo will hook up to any exhaust kit. I have the NST pulley on my car with my turbo kit (mind you its only for looks), short shifter, and TRD strut bar. They all work with the turbo since they are unrelated.
your right about it only being the header and SRI. the unichip should still be fine may just have to change the mapping(hopefully). since its my only car i cant really afford to leave out of commission for to long. know you have me second guessing it maybe next summer or after im done paying it off.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My turbo took 3 days to install. The only reason it took more than two was because of the piping from the turbo discharge to the intercooler inlet. If we had been able to figure that out more quickly, it would've taken less time. This wasn't a shop, this was my dad and me. The only thing you need to account for after the install is the tune. That should only take a couple hours, a day at most, since both Ptuning and Dezod include base maps with their kits. If you were going to have it installed by a shop, it would take a week at most.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:45 AM
SL Member

i would do it with a friend. did you run gauges? if i decide to go with a Dezod turbo in the future I'll also will have it jet hot coated.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I did run gauges. Check my build thread to figure out the locations.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any dyno?
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i waited about 3 months for the pulley. not that bad compared to others. i just bought the lowering springs and sway bars yesterday so waiting for that to come in. i did consider putting a turbo on my car before i did anything but didn't feel comfortable with all the driving i do. i could see myself doing it to an fr-s as a weekend car for the future.
I guess I'm just impatient sometimes. Haha Nice what brand did you go with? I'm with you on that, would really suck to detonate your motor before your first oil change but thats why Im buying a few supporting mods like a performance radiator, clutch, flywheel, and some other crap I cant remember at the moment. Haha I have the same plan but I want to wait till I've paid off my Tc and turboed it. That way the FRS will have dropped in price and who know maybe the second or third gen will be mind blowing better than what they are now.

Kyleprtsn1: I've seen your build thread and your car is where I want mine to be someday, Mad props. Haha

Last edited by TcFern; 06-24-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: run on sentence... Lol
Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 PM
SL Member

uhsentc: no dyno yet

Kyleprtsn: looked through your build and read most of it you def did a lot of work to it but wasn't able to view any pics or videos for some reason???

TcFern: i went with NST for the pulley. i looked into radiators also but couldn't find any. there is one for newer xB's that can be slightly modified to fit the tC2 but i would rather wait until one comes and if then ill get xB one. i'll get the clutch and flywheel once the original clutch goes on my car.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha thanks guys. I've been working on it since day one. As for not being able to see the pictures, I have no idea. I just looked and they all showed up for me.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TcFern: i went with NST for the pulley. i looked into radiators also but couldn't find any. there is one for newer xB's that can be slightly modified to fit the tC2 but i would rather wait until one comes and if then ill get xB one. i'll get the clutch and flywheel once the original clutch goes on my car.
Haha no I meant what sway bars did you go with but now that I mention it I think I already asked this question? Haha my bad. That's the radiator I was thinking of and I would do the same but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon. :/ I think you'll be waiting awhile haha but I don't blame you, no reason to be wasting money if you're still on the fence about turboing your car.

kyleptrsn1: one day... one day I'll be on your level. Haha but in the mean time I'll look forward to watching your guy's builds.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:21 PM
SL Member

Haha thanks guys. I've been working on it since day one. As for not being able to see the pictures, I have no idea. I just looked and they all showed up for me.
Finally got to see the pics and video from your build for some reason had to check it out through my phone but nice ride.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:31 PM
SL Member

TcFern: eibach sways and springs. lol dont mind waiting for a radiator im in no rush for it i could do other improvement while waiting. got pics of the TB chassis bars today.

Quick Reply: my 2012 tC2 build