Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

New here. trading in 2006 tC for 2011 tC!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I <3 my auto sometimes and </3 my auto other times. Autos and manuals both have their benefits and drawbacks. It's been discussed a million times here.

And the S2000 had an inline 4 and dual exhaust. And its little 2 liter four banger was producing well over 200 hp. And the car kicked ___.

There are also motorcycles with engines that are much smaller that have dual exhaust. And they produce as much HP as our car does.

A few random thoughts there.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That was what was tripping me up ^^ There are a few 4's that benifit from dual exhausts, but since the TC is so reliant on backpressure, you would think the car would be like a dead cat off the starting line. But if you feel like it, I'm actually really really curious as to the gains/losses of putting duals on the new TC.

And about manuals vs auto's.... the grass is always greener on the other side
Old 03-18-2012, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see how it would affect the back pressure that much, it's not like it has dual exhaust all the way from the header or downpipe. I didn't do it to make power I did it for looks and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm not sure if i'll keep the mud flaps on in the summer or not, mostly had them to keep the salt and what not off the side of the car.
oh and
Name:  haters-gonna-hate-dog.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  49.1 KB
Old 03-18-2012, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by manualtCchick
I don't see how it would affect the back pressure that much, it's not like it has dual exhaust all the way from the header or downpipe. I didn't do it to make power I did it for looks and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm not sure if i'll keep the mud flaps on in the summer or not, mostly had them to keep the salt and what not off the side of the car.
oh and
i think that tractor is an automatic...
Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

That tractor needs a dual exhaust
Old 03-18-2012, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tractor is also missing Rally MudFlaps too!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Keep the hate coming guys! Did this yesterday as well.
Name:  plastidip.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  14.3 KB
Old 03-19-2012, 02:00 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

two license plates!?

might as well get 3!

(sarcastic hate )
Old 03-19-2012, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by manualtCchick
Keep the hate coming guys! Did this yesterday as well.
goatee looks awesome. Havent put it on yet because car is dirty.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectTC2
I simply think that duals on an inline 4 are extremely parasitic to power. There will be almost a complete loss of back pressure, anyone who knows about cars could tell you the same thing. If you dyno the car and show an increase in power, then great job and great discovery.

I never said that the duals don't look good. I think duals look great on almost any vehicle, but because I know of how reliant the TC is on back pressure, I know that it is a bad idea.

15 years ago, yes doing performance mods to automatic vehicles was less benificial than doing them to manuals. But times change. Technology has improved, and automatic transmissioins (especially in a 2011) have significantly faster shifts and better shifting points than they used to be. One of the reasons GT-R's are now only made in auto and paddle.

I'm not looking to build a 500HP race car. I purchased a 2011 TC because it is a sporty car, gets great gas mileage, has some power out of the box, and has potential to be fairly quick. Yes, I do plan on boosting my auto.. in the far future. It's a daily driver and the turbo will only make it even more fun to drive. There are tons of people on this forum that have and are modding auto's. Should we all just sell our auto's and stop modding them because they are very slightly (if that) slower than a manual?

If you'd like to post some numbers showing how modding a auto TC is significantly less benificial than modding a manual, then please do because I would love to see them. I'm only 18, I don't know everything there is to know about cars, but I feel I know enough to make informed decisions about what I do to my car.

Don't let this post interfere with your thoughts on your car, I think you're doing a great job with your build. Druidiron always seems to disagree with what I say and do.

I have been known to overreact; it just ticked me off that you did not say "Hey, that might be robbing you of power because: ect ect." I interpreted that you basically said, "Wow you are so dumb for doing that," more or less; by using the face palm and saying nothing else.

My beef with turboing an automatic is that any idiot can get behind the wheel of an automatic, mash the gas, and go fast. It takes skill to drive a manual and get every drop of HP, out of every shift. It is kind of like training wheels on a bike. Yeah, you have to pedal (gas) and you need to steer, but you have NOTHING else to worry about. Put two people in 2 autos that are exactly alike, and the race is all about the car. Put two people in 2 manuals that are identical and it is a driver’s race of skill; not machine.
When it comes track time, I think (and maybe they do this) manuals and autos should run separately. You are not going to miss a gear or over rev in an auto. Nor do you have to worry about RPM matching when downshifting, granny shifting, or double clutching...

I don’t mean to offend any of the auto guys cause some of them have shown me a lot of cool stuff, and it is appreciated. If you want to customize an automatic, go ahead; enjoy YOUR car… I just feel that maybe you shouldn’t jump on people for ideas/mods they have, when other people could be thinking your ideas/mods are way more terrible.

manualtCchick:
I apologize profusely for jacking your build thread. I will not make any other off topic posts. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Druidiron
downshifting, granny shifting, or double clutching...

Off topic: I was scared my floorboard would fall out if I got a manual and ran nitrous in it.

On Topic: I like the duals and I think they look great. If I had the money to get dual black tips out of the back of my car I would definitely do it!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  tC-1.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  63.4 KB
Old 04-03-2012, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im totally copying the white interior pieces...looks sick
Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That looks familiar!! :D
Old 04-03-2012, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That purse is sooooooo BA! It really makes the interiour color pop...lol.

Seriously though, what shift **** is that? You probably posted it, but I am so very lazy. EDIT***Nervermind, saw your signature***EDIT
Old 04-04-2012, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Druidiron
That purse is sooooooo BA! It really makes the interiour color pop...lol.

Seriously though, what shift **** is that? You probably posted it, but I am so very lazy. EDIT***Nervermind, saw your signature***EDIT
It's the twm m1 abrams in pearl white!