Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

New tc2 owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jiggavolt
Which dealership? I'm in the STL area as well!
Well i have a buddy at Jay Wolfe Toyota, another at Ackerman Toyota. Wow, more STL people popping up here.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wlfpck
Not sure if people understood your questions.... but...

Not really sure that there's a diagram for this. Even in the tech service manuals. Of course I am going off of the Tech manuals that are available for the tC1.

The position sensor is a modular part that comes directly from the Toyota factory. As a result this is a part that you buy from Toyota. The position sensor is manufactured at w/e toyota facility manufacturers these parts. If for w/e reason your position sensor fails... you simply replace that assembly at the dealership or at your own auto shop.

(Again this is how it works on the tC1 anyways.)

The diagrams that you speak of... the only thing that I can find is the stuff that discusses the parts list of what part numbers are what. Also, the assembly of the parts.
Well the accel position sensor does not directly send signal to the throttle body like on older cars. On this system it has to go thru the ECM that sends the signal to the throttle body. In the tech world this is called the "mother may i system". So the lag is going to be there, because the ecm takes into account how fast your going, and how the car speeds up so it can open the throttle accordingly while, delivering the spark, and the fuel needed for the speed. If he wants a diagram, it wont hurt none to look at, but i dont see were he can make any changes. based on how it sets up. What probably happens with the aftermarket system, it changes the values of the resistance once pedal applies for a quicker response. I might have lost myself here a bit but hope this helps. Or if it dont make sense, i will fix it.