Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Not new, but oh so new

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Not new, but oh so new

I originally joined in '07 when I got my then-wife her '06 xA but I didn't spend too much time in the forum.

On friday I put my '92 Silverado out to pasture. In case I need a truck for hauling/emergency transportation I've still got her but after fighting a worn-out cylinder on the rear brakes I was ready to put a match to it. So instead I went and got this:

Went to the dealer with every intention of coming home with a black one since, let's face it, black cars are just sexy...but the one I had test-driven the week before had been sold. So I was all prepared to wait for him to find me a black one somewhere in the area when he comes back in the office and presents me with this beauty that had been hiding around the side of the building. Needless to say I went for it. Love the color.

Anyway, even though I'm not technically new I'm definitely going to be around the site more so I figured I'd introduce my new baby.

Automatic, nothing extra but the Alpine h/u which was already in it. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Funny how stuff works out.

No immediate plans, but I promise you the time is coming. Actually, that's technically a lie. I HAVE to get that amber out from behind the temperature dial on the HVAC controls. That kills me at night, seeing the colors on the dial all bleh. So aside from that there are no plans for...shall we say more involved modifications.

So, nice to be back and I'll see y'all around.
Attached Thumbnails Not new, but oh so new-2011-05-01_13.38.40.jpg  
Old 05-04-2011, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the "tC2" fam as we call it. The cement color is something totally different, and a few members on here have them. You will like the car with decent performance, great fuel economy, and the reliability.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can adjust the brightness of the interior lights at night on the left side of the gauge cluster. Nice car though!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

S2k Antenna Nao!
Welcome...bakc?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Iunno... I like the factory antenna
Old 05-04-2011, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey how is the reception on the s2k antenna? the antenna now is fine too i like it haha as long as it doesnt stick out too far lol
Old 05-04-2011, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome
Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by supadupac
hey how is the reception on the s2k antenna? the antenna now is fine too i like it haha as long as it doesnt stick out too far lol
no problems with reception

think. its stock for s2ks and they dont have problems so there shouldnt be an issue with the shorter length
Old 05-04-2011, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
no problems with reception

think. its stock for s2ks and they dont have problems so there shouldnt be an issue with the shorter length
had a s2k antenna on my previous car, couldnt pick up several radio stations and it always cut out in tunnels .. but on the scion, everything works good so im scared to swap the antenna again
Old 05-04-2011, 06:18 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i see..

well made the swap and some others here too...no problems

so feel free to swap away!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

We had an '04 Celica for a while, did the S2k antenna thing because the stock antenna was a lightning rod. Stock antenna on the tC2 is definitely better than what they put on the last gen Celica. I think I can tolerate it......for now.

Oh, and thanks for the greetings. I look forward to learning the ins and outs of the car with everyone.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:39 PM

im not sure if this affects the s2k antenna but i tried the rdx antenna and while it looks great and regular am/fm reception is fine... it totally kills the hd radio reception and the hd radio sounds really good in comparison to regular. here in socal the majority of main stations are in hd even some am sport ones so i went back to stock too much of compromise for me for just the look.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome, another cement hits the road