Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Project Zelas...In Search Of The Emblem That Fits

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Coiinoperatedboy
Lol that's the thing though I really don't plan on keeping this car for too long. I was actually suppose to get an M3 but it's my first car so my mom didn't trust me with it. I'm double majoring in Econ and poli sci.
same here, my parents are already talking about taking the tC away from me ...and I havent even hit 1000 on the odometer. on the brightside I can get an isF.

@scion202
I'm electrical engineering too! I keep all the crazy led stuff for my robot though. no point in devaluing a car.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by thealexhernandez
same here, my parents are already talking about taking the tC away from me ...and I havent even hit 1000 on the speedometer. on the brightside I can get an isF.

@scion202
I'm electrical engineering too! I keep all the crazy led stuff for my robot though. no point in devaluing a car.

Lol I hope you don't hit 1,000 on the "speedometer". I don't think the Tc could handle that and you'd probably die from the G force.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CrispyFShacker
Lol I hope you don't hit 1,000 on the "speedometer". I don't think the Tc could handle that and you'd probably die from the G force.
hahaha, fixed it. that tells you how long its been since I went on a drive. I havent been past 65 on the speedometer though. And if I put wings on the tC, 1000 aint a thing
Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahaha, fixed it. that tells you how long its been since I went on a drive. I havent been past 65 on the speedometer though. And if I put wings on the tC, 1000 aint a thing
lol put some rockets on there nbd. just a nice summer stroll down the shoreline
Old 12-14-2011, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same here, my parents are already talking about taking the tC away from me ...and I havent even hit 1000 on the odometer. on the brightside I can get an isF.

@scion202
y in the world would they take a brand new tC from you to give u an ISF?

My parents refused to co-sign any car for me.. hell they wouldn't even let me get a learners permit because their insurance would go up.. Definitely couldn't keep me from getting behind the wheel though. Must be nice to have it made
Old 12-14-2011, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TC-Maverick
y in the world would they take a brand new tC from you to give u an ISF?

My parents refused to co-sign any car for me.. hell they wouldn't even let me get a learners permit because their insurance would go up.. Definitely couldn't keep me from getting behind the wheel though. Must be nice to have it made
thats not what I mean. isF is my dream car and what I hope to buy once I have a steady salary. I guess it was just them saying how the car isn't really "mine". And they'll probably give it to my brother when I have my own.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Alex,
just looked at ur page..................DAMN you really wanna do PhD in EE?

I couldn't wait to ____ing get out of undergrad EE. Im so much happier now in the Masters of Business Administration program
Old 12-14-2011, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion202
Alex,
just looked at ur page..................DAMN you really wanna do PhD in EE?

I couldn't wait to ____ing get out of undergrad EE. Im so much happier now in the Masters of Business Administration program
Well plans have changed since then. I'm going to do a Masters of Engineering Management (MSEM) here. And then decide what to do from there. Entrepreneur...maybe.

I think you'll appreciate this.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Well plans have changed since then. I'm going to do a Masters of Engineering Management (MSEM) here. And then decide what to do from there. Entrepreneur...maybe.

I think you'll appreciate this.

dude i have the same one that i made myself but better haha
CEPS is the engineering college and WSBE is business school here at UNH

Name:  shirt.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  48.2 KB

Last edited by Scion202; 12-14-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion202
dude i have the same one that i made myself but better haha
CEPS is the engineering college and WSBE is business school here at UNH

Haha, its so true though. Engineers make the best businessmen. After four years of getting raped, you can just chill for two years.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i just finished the back and i wanted to share lol it is kind of late here though but does anyone know of any ways i can tint my tail lights without covering the white section of it?
Attached Thumbnails Project Zelas...In Search Of The Emblem That Fits-img_0430%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 12-19-2011, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you getting them sprayed or vinyled? If sprayed you can just tape it and cut around what you don't want done. If vinyled I think you can just put the vinyl on and cut out what you don't want? I have mine sprayed and kept the clear, clear. You can see some photos in my build.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are opinions do you guys have on them though because i asked a auto body shop and they said the vinyl or films would be difficult because of the corners but i am scared to paint it because they all seem so dark and if i get pulled over i would have to buy a new set of tail lights
Old 12-19-2011, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I personally like spraying them. May even be cheaper. And you can pick how dark or how light you want it. I just told my guy that did them for me I wanted them kinda dark but not really dark. Because I don't really know the percentage in how people do the lights. If you do go this route and a cop does pull you over. In sure you can swap someone on here or on craigslist in your area for stock ones and cash on there side. So you can't loose lol.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just painted my front emblem and popped it back in without glue or tape... its pretty firm
Old 12-30-2011, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Coiinoperatedboy
what are opinions do you guys have on them though because i asked a auto body shop and they said the vinyl or films would be difficult because of the corners but i am scared to paint it because they all seem so dark and if i get pulled over i would have to buy a new set of tail lights
You can always sand them back down. Just make sure after removing all the paint, to sand with extremly light grit to create a smooth surface. Clear and then polish the hell out of it. Paint is definitely the way to go. Tried three sets of vinyl. Each one an epic fail
Old 01-02-2012, 02:44 AM
Trader
SL Member

So, to be clear..

In order to remove the Scion emblem on the rear of the car I heat it up with a heat gun and slip dental floss behind it while pulling it away from the car?

Eventually it will just pop off?

And for the front I pry it off with a flat head?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ultimaniac
So, to be clear..

In order to remove the Scion emblem on the rear of the car I heat it up with a heat gun and slip dental floss behind it while pulling it away from the car?

Eventually it will just pop off?

Yes, But there are two notches sticking out of the rear emblem so be careful to not break them off. If the dental floss gets stuck on them, just move to a different place.

Originally Posted by Ultimaniac

And for the front I pry it off with a flat head?
Yes.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Banned
SL Member

Last edited by EOIO3; 01-27-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome. I want pics of installed when you get it done.

Quick Reply: Project Zelas...In Search Of The Emblem That Fits