Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Scion Curse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion Curse?

Day 1: Get home late afternoon, don't really feel like going out. BF begs me to come show him the new car. Fine. Curb the car in the parking lot
Month 1: Order new subs. They send me the wrong type...
Month 2: Work van dings my passenger front fender.
Month 3: Vehicle in for emergency service, car won't start. BTW for you LED moders, be careful. The digital dash clock is wired into vehicle fuel control and ignition. As well as SmartKey system for our PR friends.
Month 3.5: Order new amp compatible with the new subs. Vendor sends the wrong model.
Month 4: Finally get a compatible amp. Right model right power. Subs need to be wired down to 1ohm. Foot slips, puncture the subs surround with screw gun.

It's really getting annoying now. I swear there is a curse on the car. Anyone else have horror stories with the new tC?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Day 1 - Driving home brand new Super White tC, with no radio, floormats, wheel locks, fog lights.
Week 1 - All accessories & stock radio installed. (Issue, but didn't know YET)
Week 2 - First wash and wax, By JOVE what is THAT? Stealership put a big old scratch on my front bumper when installing the fog lights, THEN tried to cover it up by globbing on touch-up paint.
Weeks 3-4 - Spending days back and forth with dealership, no resolution, finally go up to Scion Corp, got approval to get car fixed out of pocket and they will reimburse.
Week 5 - Appt setup for body shop, things seem to be ok *WHAM* WTF rearended by an idiot woman on her cell phone, rear bumper is now messed up. Thankfully her insurance also uses the same body shop I have an appt with, so it will all be done at the same time.

So as of now, my car is finally back to normal, I am out $500 and waiting for a check from Scion (5-10 weeks), and wondering what else will happen to my car, or if this is just God saying I should have bought a busted up Civic.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ted will attest. I have the worst luck. dont try to compete.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have 1G tC but I think its a curse too. Way to many scratches and dents in my car, they can't all be an accident. Huge dent on front bumper not caused by me, same with back bumper on driver side looks like somebody swiped against it and same thing on passenger door. right above my side mirror on driver door there is a perfectly round dent with paint missing with that perfect circle, no way that was an accidental scratch by somebody or else I wouldnt have a mirror. I think ppl just hate our cars or are jealous oh and cursed too.

It would cost way to much to get all the scratches and dents fixed so I guess they are staying =( the car is barely about to be 2 years old, got a 2010 in august 2009. most things happened within the first few months of owning the car.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No curse here. Actually nothing gone wrong so far in the 8 months I've had her.
**knock on wood*
Old 07-19-2011, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

DAY 1: car gets side swiped at a walmart (was fixed, $2800, hit and run)
2 Weeks later: brother backs into it with a riding lawn mower ($800, was fixed)
Month Later: GF's mom backs into the door ($1400, was fixed)
About 3 weeks later: car gets impailed with golf ball hail, broke 1st sunroof panel, and completely ruined the paint. ($2800 fixed. only paid 500 from deductable)
Year 1: blown motor from nitrous, then another one from boost
This year: shattered ring landings from boost
Now: I have a boosted new motor, and 9230498237 new car panels. I dont think there is a single OEM part in my car now lmao