Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Security system issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 04:44 PM

Default Security system issues

So yesterday my security system had a bunch of issues all together:
- first I was walking out towards my car, and there was someone else parked next to me unlocking their car, and the lights on my car flahsed w/o me pressing any buttons on the key fob

- two, i go hom, open the door, forgot to turn the lights off, so I turn them off while the door's open, and i hear a long weird beep (the kind that you get if you try to lock the doors but one of them's open), again this time i wasn't pressing any buttons

- three, this morning at 6, the alarm goes off w/ me sleeping. The car's in the garage.

I don't know what the hekc's going on, is the key fob sending signals like unlock, lock, panic etc spontaneously??? I've called my sales rep to see if he can check with the installers, and then I'll prob take it in as well.

I don't have any electronics in the car that I leave behind, and this is the first time any of this has happened, and all the same day.

Any thoughts???

Thanks
Old 11-16-2010, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member

Is it scion security or a aftermarket alarm?
This happened to me to, it was a mixed combination of issues
Old 11-16-2010, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by jaytorrez
Is it scion security or a aftermarket alarm?
This happened to me to, it was a mixed combination of issues
This was an added option when I bought the car, it's a scion security alarm. The weird thing is that everything was all fine, and then in one day, three weird things.

How did you get your issues resolved?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Are you sure it is scion security? LOTS of 1st gen owners got the optional security and the dealers installed some aftermarket system. They thought they had scion security until they posted and found out otherwise.

On the 1st gens, the scion security (which I assume may be the same on the new ones?) had a glass break sensor and a red light mounted in a panel near the drivers knee and said "Scion Security" on it. The ones a lot of dealers installed just said "Security" or nothing at all on that panel.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^The same is with the new. There should be a knockout/plug type thing to the left of the steering wheel that says "Security" on it with a light. If that's not there, unfortunately it will be aftermarket.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by 1stOne
^The same is with the new. There should be a knockout/plug type thing to the left of the steering wheel that says "Security" on it with a light. If that's not there, unfortunately it will be aftermarket.
So, it's a little weird. There's a security system light module installed to the left of my blu-logic (left of the steering wheel), but then, there's also the words "security" on the console in the middle (where the clock is etc). Don't know why the duplication.

But this system was definitely a scion one, the key fob says scion on it. And my salesperson told me it's a toyota installation. He doesn't know what's going on, so I'll prob take it in at some point.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

All of them have a scion key fob, and all of them are a "toyota installation". Does not mean it is scion security.

On the first gen, the part on the dash that had the glass break sensor does not just say "Security" it specifically says "Scion Security". See a few posts down in this thread. This was the scion security on a 1st gen.

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/89...ess-entry.html

Like I said, you cant assume that because it came from the dealer and uses the factory fob that it is the scion unit.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SCION CORP
SL Member

Originally Posted by reccoso
So, it's a little weird. There's a security system light module installed to the left of my blu-logic (left of the steering wheel), but then, there's also the words "security" on the console in the middle (where the clock is etc). Don't know why the duplication.

But this system was definitely a scion one, the key fob says scion on it. And my salesperson told me it's a toyota installation. He doesn't know what's going on, so I'll prob take it in at some point.
Maybe I can help a little here... The little module installed in the knock-out to the left of your bluetooth buttons sounds like it is the Accessory Scion Security... the "security" label and led in the centre stack is the engine immobilizer - something that is standard on all Scion models in Canada.

As for the first problems you outlined in your first post, I would recommend having the dealer look at it... If you are interested in trying something at home, let me know and I can PM you some info.

Cheers!

SC
Old 11-24-2010, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The immobilzer is standard in all models, not just in Canada.

If that unit next to the wheel only says "Security" or nothing at all on it, then it is not the Scion unit. He still hasnt answered that question so we dont know what system he has.