2011-____ [ANT20]

Thoughts and reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Thoughts and reviews?

Just curious as to what owners think of their tc2? Likes dislikes and things of the such?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm really enjoying my tC. It's my first Scion and by far the easiest car to tinker with. Great features for the price and well built. My biggest dislike is that it only comes with 1 reverse light. Then again, it's an easy fix... So I guess I don't have any complaints.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats good to hear!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:23 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I love it! I love how its unique...I've only see a total of 4 TC2 (including mine) on the road in my area.

I love how it (exterior) looks more aggressive than the TC1
I love how Scions are meant to be customizable...and while the options for the TC2 are still limited (only complaint so far)...I know a lot more will come!
It rides great, and the MPG for the (stock) performance you get is really good.
Seating is good/roomy, I can sit 4 adults super comfortably and 5 okay comfortably
the hatch is REALLY roomy, especially since the rear seats can go down (they can also recline if someone is sitting there)
Despite Pure Pricing, the TC2 is relatively cheap for the type of car you get
at Stock no-options the TC2 is already good (Pioneer HU, sports muffler)...imagine how much better it is with options/TRD stuff
I know its not much, but I really like how the washer nozzles are hidden under the hood as opposed to sitting ugly on top

and I actually like the single reverse light, it keeps it different from all the other cars

Also, about the uniqueness...little known fact: not a single TC2 interior is the same as another! this is because when they make the designed parts of the seats, they have a big sheet of it an cut it at different areas so that every single seat they make is different.

Yup, that's all of the top of my head right now
Old 03-21-2011, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i used to own a 07 model. this one has its pros and cons vs the 07 in my opinion but overall like the new ones much better!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2011 is more like muscle car... lolz
i like it's style more than the 1G.
i've been wanting a tc since it came out. ahahaa and good thing when i saved up enough money and planned to buy a car, 2G tc came out. it's my 1st tc. and yeah i dont like the one reverse light. and, my driver's side door is vibrating and making a sound, like a broken subwoofers, even though my volume is low and bass is on 0. and air is going in through side control panels on doors...
mmmm...
Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ Wellesley Scion has a DIY fix for the door rattle. It only requires a small piece of paper and about 5 min. The reason it's only the driver side is the Alpine HU has bad programming for the tC mode. If you notice, the driver side is the only side putting out bass. Change to the XB or XD mode and you get bass from both sides.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like everything about the car from bumper to bumper except that the moon roof is making an annoying noise.
It's taking forever to get it fixed because I need to wait about a month every time I make an appointment.
One month is ok if they fix it on the first try, but they do not so far.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:33 AM

I dislike how often I have to clean the interior. I love my car though. I also love the fact it came with a free trip for 2 to the bahamas
Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
^ Wellesley Scion has a DIY fix for the door rattle. It only requires a small piece of paper and about 5 min. The reason it's only the driver side is the Alpine HU has bad programming for the tC mode. If you notice, the driver side is the only side putting out bass. Change to the XB or XD mode and you get bass from both sides.

let me get this straight, is the rattling caused by the speaker?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^PM coming shortly... Don't want to hijack the thread
Old 03-22-2011, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please post if you like I really don't care too much any info is good info!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Short answer is, yes, the 6x9 speaker Toyota calls a woofer is what's causing the rattling. It's why, if you leave the sound profile in tC mode, only the driver side does it and if you change to one of the other modes, both sides will eventually do it.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for posting! I am hoping to be able to get a tC2 next year and be back into the scion game, it's like crack lol.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MightyP
Short answer is, yes, the 6x9 speaker Toyota calls a woofer is what's causing the rattling. It's why, if you leave the sound profile in tC mode, only the driver side does it and if you change to one of the other modes, both sides will eventually do it.
oh okae. that's why my brother noticed that it looks like only the driver side speakers are working.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member

The only real annoyance I've found is that if you wanted to ride around with the windows down you absolutely HAVE to pull the roof visors open, or else they will flap like crazy from the wind.

But besides that, it's like everyone else is saying... for what you pay, you really do get a lot.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My regret/blessing is not getting manual. I have my reason for getting auto, but if I got a good offer I would sell my car and get a stick in a heart beat. Car shows dirt easy, paint seems weaker then other cars (Camry didn't chip so easy) couple of design flaws. Overall it is a good car but I am not sure I would buy another.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paint is easily chipped on this car, you are not alone on that one. Overall I love the car. Would buy iit again. The door rattles, drafty door panels with windows cracked even slightly, and the Alpine stereo program flaw are my only real complaints...oh yeah, the ridiculously over engineered oil filter deal.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m0ej0e
My regret/blessing is not getting manual. I have my reason for getting auto, but if I got a good offer I would sell my car and get a stick in a heart beat. Car shows dirt easy, paint seems weaker then other cars (Camry didn't chip so easy) couple of design flaws. Overall it is a good car but I am not sure I would buy another.
could you go into specifics? are you saying all the colors show dirt easy and all of them have weaker paint? and what are the design flaws?

and are you saying if you had the chance to go back in time, you would not choose the tc? or buying a tc once is enough?

i'm asking cause i was wondering what kind of cars are considered to have strong/good paint? like luxury cars like BMW?
Old 03-23-2011, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XerotC
could you go into specifics? are you saying all the colors show dirt easy and all of them have weaker paint? and what are the design flaws?

and are you saying if you had the chance to go back in time, you would not choose the tc? or buying a tc once is enough?

i'm asking cause i was wondering what kind of cars are considered to have strong/good paint? like luxury cars like BMW?
Paint:
I am not to sure, but I know my last car (2004 Camry) faired far better in terms of paint chips. I had chips starting after 3 weeks of having the car, I do not tailgate. But I do a lot of highway driving. I have the white, love the look but it just does not fair well.

Dirty:
Car seems to just spray a lot of dirt on itself. maybe I just never noticed it on the Camry but after cleaning it I barley make it out of the driveway without needing a wash! Also the way the interior textures are I find they leave a lot of fingerprints and dust.

Design flaws:
In heavy snowfall driving for a long time I have had to stop and clean off the window wipers. I have never had to do that before in ANY car. The wipers also rest in a place that the defrost does not contact directly so you risk havin your wipers covered in ice. There is a rattle when I hit a bump in the road going 70km/h. If you open your trunk and it has had water on it you will risk a broken interior panel. one of the drainage holes is above a seam in the trunk, water flows into the crack and when the car cools off in winter the panel will break off it's corner. There is no cover in the hatch.

TC yes or no:
Depends on your needs, I wanted a warranty that a used G35/G37 would not fill. Also I am hurting on money at the moment so I could not afford a higher end vehicle's running cost. However when I looked at the Kia forte I disliked a lot of the look and feel of the interior. The TC is just ok to drive in auto, but the bonus is the more I think about modifyin the car the less I want to. I was planning on waiting for the FT-86, but my car died and my work contract states I need a vehicle so I had to get something quick.

I would say make a list of what you want in a car, the amount you have then go from there. Once you narrow down the field TAKE YOUR TIME (if you can). Go test drive each of the cars. The dealer didn't want me to drive the stick TC as I do not know how to drive stick. I should have taken the clue then to look at another dealer.

If desired I can rant for many more hours! If you have more specific questions let me know and I will do my best to answer.

Joe

Quick Reply: Thoughts and reviews?