Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

I do...what's in it for me? You have an original arm...show him this drawing and see how much he wants to make them first.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I stopped by earlier today and he was all for it I just need to come up with the dimentions and parts. I was planning on using the inside stock bushings unless the ones you have are worlds better and worth hacking on. As for you I'll send you a beer!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Banned
SL Member

I wish you luck in your endeavors... I'm not giving away my intellectual property.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by carbinefreak
I stopped by earlier today and he was all for it I just need to come up with the dimentions and parts. I was planning on using the inside stock bushings unless the ones you have are worlds better and worth hacking on. As for you I'll send you a beer!
I can't speak for others who Eng parts, but my Eng for my upper rear control arms cost me a hell of a lot more than a beer even with the fact I sleep with her and did the fab work my self.....
If you have a good shop they will be able to figure it out, or they won't be around to long.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by noisy1
I can't speak for others who Eng parts, but my Eng for my upper rear control arms cost me a hell of a lot more than a beer even with the fact I sleep with her and did the fab work my self.....
If you have a good shop they will be able to figure it out, or they won't be around to long.
Did she use my posted drawing as a starting point? If so, you've got to post a photo of her...or a link.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I guess I'll jack her up and start doing some math (I'm a EE so I know quite a bit of ME junk) I just need to get my measurements. I was hoping I could save some time by getting from the community but I guess not. I'll post mine up for the rest of the community when I'm finished so people can just stop by any shop and get their arms modified.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:52 AM
Banned
SL Member

That's pretty arrogant from a sparky that only chases electrons...
Good luck anyway...and you're welcome for the the design drawing (concept) to start from.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup engineers are usually antisocial and cocky so this shouldn't be overly difficult with some simple geometry modeling.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by carbinefreak
Yup engineers are usually antisocial and cocky so this shouldn't be overly difficult with some simple geometry modeling.
Looking forward to it Carbinefreak. Keep us updated. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those that want to modify the OEM's Please post in my thread below and leave this thread for beautiful fully custom fabricated arms like 2tCornot2tC's

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho....php?p=4119437
Old 07-24-2013, 05:08 AM
SL Member

hello guys i dont know if their is another thread on this but i did my rear adjustable with the gsp gen 2 honda civic 06-10 only thing is i need a spacer to fit in that giant whole i couldnt find it and now my car is making creaking noises when i move slow or get out of my car. also most of the pics are not mine so im not taking full credit for this but i had help from other guys i just need to see what will fit in that huge whole
Attached Thumbnails Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment-lug-nut-size.jpg   Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment-lug-nut-spacer.jpg   Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment-different-hole.jpg   Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment-final-thing.jpg   Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment-1004768_640572509286552_701071243_n.jpg  

Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What exactly did you do?
Old 08-30-2013, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member

I'm about to use the civic control arm too. Where did you guys get the sleeve to put into the bushing. And is it threaded on the inside?
Old 09-16-2013, 04:58 AM

anyone know how to get a hold of 2tCornot2tC? and has anyone copped his prototype pair?
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  scion-tc-sport-rear-camber-linksproducts239promo_pic_zps8e6e6531.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  32.9 KB

I've been asking Godspeed for a while now and it seems like they're just waiting on their finished product. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but they sent me a picture of what their product is going to look like. Every time I ask about the ETA, they always respond with "hopefully next month or so" and that's been going on since dec. '12. Maybe if a lot of other people contact them regarding the RUCA's, they'll hurry the heck up
Old 09-16-2013, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by meganfoxed
anyone know how to get a hold of 2tCornot2tC? and has anyone copped his prototype pair?
I don't know if he's still here, he went off on a tangent awhile back and was banned.

There has been a few who have direct copies and modified copies here and some good and some questionable.
There was a thread started in the summer time by someone to gauge interest on getting them made and his last post was he would be out of town for work, look it up maybe he's got production running it was 2 months ago ?

I have a set and they cost around $500 in parts and I did the labour . You can see in the photo we changed both ends to spherical bearings, the inner rubber one was doing nothing due to the factory miss aliment between the 2 mounting points.
Attached Thumbnails Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment-image.jpg  

Last edited by noisy1; 09-16-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Noisy 1
Any word on if these will be made for the public or special order?
Old 09-28-2013, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by oblivionlord
Noisy 1
Any word on if these will be made for the public or special order?
Hey Odlivionlord,
If your referring to the one in the photo I posted?
They were ones I made for our car over a 2 month time of no lunchs or breaks at work and I am not sure right now if I want to use that as a weight loss program!!
I had $500 in parts alone invested to make them due to the price of good parts in Canada.
If you found a good aliment shop they can shim the rear bearing to get the rear camber into a good street aliment. It would cost you almost the $500 for the aliment and work.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by keeev

I've been asking Godspeed for a while now and it seems like they're just waiting on their finished product. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but they sent me a picture of what their product is going to look like. Every time I ask about the ETA, they always respond with "hopefully next month or so" and that's been going on since dec. '12. Maybe if a lot of other people contact them regarding the RUCA's, they'll hurry the heck up
Keep Bugging them and keep us updated. Also post up the email address and we can all spam them. haha
Old 09-30-2013, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by noisy1
Hey Odlivionlord,
If your referring to the one in the photo I posted?
They were ones I made for our car over a 2 month time of no lunchs or breaks at work and I am not sure right now if I want to use that as a weight loss program!!
I had $500 in parts alone invested to make them due to the price of good parts in Canada.
If you found a good aliment shop they can shim the rear bearing to get the rear camber into a good street aliment. It would cost you almost the $500 for the aliment and work.
There is a shim for the rear that's around $30 or so online called EZ Shim. It barley has any affect on helping the camber by maybe 1 degree. It also will wear out in time.

Id much rather have an adjustable metal piece like your solution which isn't a modification to the actual OEM arm itself.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment