Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WellesleyScion and I were technically the first to be interested in these since we were in contact with JJ via email during his absence here. It's all gravy though.

Last edited by WellesleyScion; 04-06-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
WellesleyScion and I were technically the first to be interested in these since we were in contact with JJ via email during his absence here. It's all gravy though.
Of course I had no way of knowing that ..... But I was referring to this thread on the first page. When 2tc said I thought you guys would be interested in these ...........
Old 04-03-2012, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol it's really not a big deal man I was just messing around. #pantiesunbunched
Old 04-03-2012, 02:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol it's really not a big deal man I was just messing around. #pantiesunbunched
Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is troubling that none of the large companies contacted were interested in making like products for our vehicle. Especially SPC. They were always involved in making alignment correction products since I can remember. They were the ones that originated aftermarket lower control arms for the Honda/Acura vehicles. I understand the FR-S is coming out. Which was one of the cars i considered. But more people are able to afford the Tc and modify it. I understand there's going to be those few high school kids that mommy and daddy will buy them an FR-S but c'mon. Yes I am bitter since I purchased all my cars since I was 16. LOL
Old 04-03-2012, 05:10 AM
Banned
SL Member

First of all, I don’t appreciate my thread being high-jacked.

This is not a group buy and I would appreciate it if the administrators would delete those posts from this (my) thread to prevent any further confusion.

This is yet another indicator that most of you have never built anything nor have ever manufactured anything and therefore do not understand what it takes to do that. I saw what you guys did to NTS when they announced a group buy for their aluminum pulley…when it took a little more time, there was all kind of chatter on that thread about even getting the pulleys. These things take time. I’m not an automotive manufacturer with a team of engineers…I’m it! I have to do it all…the design engineering, the manufacturing engineering, the installation, the planning and the coordinating. If anyone out there can do this any better than me, then please jump right in…otherwise, sit tight.

Another unrelated SNAFU is that I got a text message from my bank stating that my MasterCard is being replaced and will sent to me within the next two days by currier…I thought nothing of it, sine I have a VISA card too. This morning I logged into my account to move some money around and nothing happened! Now I can’t pay Mike the $35 to get my powder-coated A-RUCAs back…another two day delay until I get this straightened out at the bank…sigh.

Next thing…I said I had 10 pieces made. That is 5 sets. You need two per car. There are a potential 4 set only…another reason for the administrators to delete those posts.

I’ve made some custom brackets to install Lexus F-Sport BBKs on the tC and there was absolutely no interest in those, so I just assumed that there would be no interest in these either…so I have not planned on mass producing these either. Since there are only 4 set started, we could potentially be looking at a group buy…which brings us to the next problem. I’m a design engineer and not an accountant. Organizing a group buy is outside of my capabilities/interest. That does not mean that I will not do it. And I am still sore about this site that an administrator on this site (Jon) said that I don’t know ____ and I can’t make ____ on another thread that got deleted off. That is why I had left in the first place.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC

This is not a group buy and I would appreciate it if the administrators would delete those posts from this (my) thread to prevent any further confusion.

This is yet another indicator that most of you have never built anything nor have ever manufactured anything and therefore do not understand what it takes to do that. I saw what you guys did to NTS when they announced a group buy for their aluminum pulley…when it took a little more time, there was all kind of chatter on that thread about even getting the pulleys. These things take time. I’m not an automotive manufacturer with a team of engineers…I’m it! I have to do it all…the design engineering, the manufacturing engineering, the installation, the planning and the coordinating. If anyone out there can do this any better than me, then please jump right in…otherwise, sit tight.

Another unrelated SNAFU is that I got a text message from my bank stating that my MasterCard is being replaced and will sent to me within the next two days by currier…I thought nothing of it, sine I have a VISA card too. This morning I logged into my account to move some money around and nothing happened! Now I can’t pay Mike the $35 to get my powder-coated A-RUCAs back…another two day delay until I get this straightened out at the bank…sigh.

Next thing…I said I had 10 pieces made. That is 5 sets. You need two per car. There are a potential 4 set only…another reason for the administrators to delete those posts.

I’ve made some custom brackets to install Lexus F-Sport BBKs on the tC and there was absolutely no interest in those, so I just assumed that there would be no interest in these either…so I have not planned on mass producing these either. Since there are only 4 set started, we could potentially be looking at a group buy…which brings us to the next problem. I’m a design engineer and not an accountant. Organizing a group buy is outside of my capabilities/interest. That does not mean that I will not do it. And I am still sore about this site that an administrator on this site (Jon) said that I don’t know ____ and I can’t make ____ on another thread that got deleted off. That is why I had left in the first place.
After I read this I came up with like 5 different memes....
One thing though: This has got to be the most tripolar post I've ever read
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Whoah

I apologize if I upset you. No I do not understand what is involved in the undertaking of making/designing such pieces. My excitement got the best of me. I had traded in my 1st gen tc which was already close to the way I wanted it. Drove the new tc home just to come across the camber problem posted on this site. It almost killed my excitement of my 1st purchase of a new car. So once again I apologize for any and all misunderstandings on my part.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just for information. What are your intentions with the pieces that will be produced? Would you sell the design to a company if interested? Just asking because I do not know what your plans are.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC

It was more of an interest list no one mentioned a group buy and sorry I didn't get the correct amount of sets right. No one is trying to hijack your thread we are all impressed with the work you have done and are currently doing. I also originally wrote:
Originally Posted by Backinblacktc2
Well since I expressed my interest first and there are only 8 (possible)sets that you might sell I'll take the chance and start a list. I understand the fact that they haven't been tested yet and you just may decide not to sell them. But if everything works out and I hope it does the list is ready to go.

We are behind you 2tc. No need to get upset. On a side note did you ever fit the Lexus bbk on the rear?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by jarvasdb1
Just for information. What are your intentions with the pieces that will be produced? Would you sell the design to a company if interested? Just asking because I do not know what your plans are.
I’m not interested in selling any of my designs…

And as you can probably tell, I don’t have a “plan” for these yet.

First I need to find out how much it costs to fabricate…I’m still only at the prototype stage. Once I figure out how much it cost me (remember, I’m not an accountant), I’ll be able to announce a “gauging interest” post. I know everybody will take them if they only cost $100 each, but the parts cost me significantly more than that and that won’t happen. And there will be a significant different interest if they cost $1,000 than $200 each. I have several projects going in parallel, so I don’t know how much went where.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

We are behind you 2tc. No need to get upset. On a side note did you ever fit the Lexus bbk on the rear?
Thanks…

I’m not upset, more overwhelmed.

Yes…one of my other parallel projects.

(The photos aren't posting the way I want...)
Go poke around in my profile, photos are out there...

Last edited by 2tCornot2tC; 04-03-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: photos
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you feel overwhelmed, than PM me.....you've seen how quick these are going to go.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well since I expressed my interest first and there are only 8 (possible)sets that you might sell I'll take the chance and start a list. I understand the fact that they haven't been tested yet and you just may decide not to sell them. But if everything works out and I hope it does the list is ready to go.

Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA)

Your far from the first man! LOL, JJ and I talked about this like a year ago...

@JJ, list removed
Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Of course I had no way of knowing that ..... But I was referring to this thread on the first page. When 2tc said I thought you guys would be interested in these ...........
Originally Posted by WellesleyScion
Your far from the first man! LOL, JJ and I talked about this like a year ago...

@JJ, list removed

oops lol my bad!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Even if these don't make it out I just wish a large company would do something to help us solve this annoying problem.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

Update:

Got the arms back from the powder coaters and got an appointment to get the A-RUCAs installed and aligned on Tuesday at 13:00…
Old 04-07-2012, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oooooooooo
Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope everything works out as planned. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Powder Coated

This is what they look like after powder coating...

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment