Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow. I would've loved to get a set of these but with a $2K price tag is too much for me especially I'm having a baby in a couple of months. I love the design, R&D, and effort you put into these though. I'm expecting to pay about $1500 for the delivery of my son. Which is crazy considering I have medical coverage. Thank you again for everything you have done.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am sure the newest design is far better but wouldn't the first prototypes that 2Tc designed work as good as the finished ones? I mean without the powder coating, and the other treatment but the slight mods you did to the old oem Rear Upper Control Arm. That could lower the costs.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Banned
SL Member

Once I get these new ones made, I’ll be willing to sell my used prototype set for $1,000.00 in a couple of months.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for all your hard work man, but not gonna lie its crazy how much they have quoted you. I know materials aren't cheap. I just dont think that arms twice the price of coils would work for the average consumer. I figured 500-750 for the pair.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea sucks because all the hard work he put in to make these and prob wont sell more then 2 of them
Old 07-20-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know much about suspension...but since the tC is made by Toyota and is pretty much a Toyota seeing as most of its part are Toyota parts, are there not parts on other Toyotas that might be compatible and could fix this problem?? Parts from Yaris, Corolla, Matrix, Camry, Avalon, Venza, Prius family, etc.

However, these cars too might be non-adjustable for camber in the rear also...just a thought though
Old 07-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurtleTurtle_12
I don't know much about suspension...
'nuf said...
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by TurtleTurtle_12
I don't know much about suspension...but since the tC is made by Toyota and is pretty much a Toyota seeing as most of its part are Toyota parts, are there not parts on other Toyotas that might be compatible and could fix this problem?? Parts from Yaris, Corolla, Matrix, Camry, Avalon, Venza, Prius family, etc.

However, these cars too might be non-adjustable for camber in the rear also...just a thought though
Yes, they may share a lot of components. But suspension is one area that is pretty much application specific. Each car has it's own mounting points and spacing and such. Thus, trying to use a part that isn't for the specific car you are trying to modify isn't the best thing to do.
It is a good thought, but I would venture to guess that if an adjustable upper control arm from another car is compatible with the tC2, then that said company would have made it public because obviously there is a need for these parts. So, the first company to make a set at an affordable cost would probably gain quite a bit of market share just because of the immediate demand for them.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 PM

Have you mastered this kit yet for the tc2
Old 04-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Banned
SL Member

Yes I have "mastered" this...over a year ago. But is is old history...

Last edited by 2tCornot2tC; 04-17-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: added quotes
Old 04-17-2013, 03:03 AM

What do you mean exactly I want a rear camber kit so it's a no in these still?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by DannyRaider
What do you mean exactly I want a rear camber kit so it's a no in these still?
Am I the only one that can't understand this post?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:08 AM

Iphone correction my baddd I want to fix my rear camber can you help me with that issue or no?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^You can't afford what he wants for his camber kit. Most of us can't.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Banned
SL Member

I used to road race Super Bikes…we used to have a saying. If you’ve got a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet. Nothing has more value to me than a great handling car. Since no one had a product that met my standards, I had to make my own. I showed that off here. Yes, I’d take that for $100 each…that’s what the OEM RUCAs cost, but I paid $1,000 each to make what I've got. If you think I’ll give them away, think again! We’ve also had another saying… Money talks, BS walks. If you’ve got the money, put it up. If you don’t, take a hike.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why not arranging some kind of deal with a company that can mass produce your design so they can be sell in large numbers at an affordable price, get a considerable share of the sales and make a business out of this? So far all the custom work I've seen from you is very high quality and you have take the time and effort to make parts for the tC2 that nobody else has and are needed by pretty much everybody that owns a tC2. Don't you think that you can actually help other people out while making money out of it? The products you have come up with at competitive prices on mass production will sell for sure, because we need this products, I completely understand that you paid a significant amount for them, because they are a one-off custom parts and that you are not interested on selling your designs and hours of R&D, why not partner up with somebody that can make a huge load of this and you win, he(they) win and we win too? Just my two cents, have a good day!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SullenSenium
Why not arranging some kind of deal with a company that can mass produce your design so they can be sell in large numbers at an affordable price, get a considerable share of the sales and make a business out of this? So far all the custom work I've seen from you is very high quality and you have take the time and effort to make parts for the tC2 that nobody else has and are needed by pretty much everybody that owns a tC2. Don't you think that you can actually help other people out while making money out of it? The products you have come up with at competitive prices on mass production will sell for sure, because we need this products, I completely understand that you paid a significant amount for them, because they are a one-off custom parts and that you are not interested on selling your designs and hours of R&D, why not partner up with somebody that can make a huge load of this and you win, he(they) win and we win too? Just my two cents, have a good day!
I think he looked into that last year, but it was either going to be too much, or not possible, I can't remember
Old 04-19-2013, 02:45 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by disaster06
I think he looked into that last year, but it was either going to be too much, or not possible, I can't remember
I just went back to those custom shops I used and asked them to quote me a price for 20 and 100 pieces...I think. So not really a mass run and not a mass production facility. To make a mass production run, someone has got to invest in the materials for the mass run (mass = massive amounts of money) and pay for that mass run. Now the investor has to have confidence that he will make money from his investment. But Scion owners have a reputation for being cheap, therefore the investors do not have the confidence that they will make their money back. Sure there are a couple of Scion owners out there racing their cars or are willing to spend the money on quality parts, but not enough to make any money off of. Your in the wrong crowd.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
I just went back to those custom shops I used and asked them to quote me a price for 20 and 100 pieces...I think. So not really a mass run and not a mass production facility. To make a mass production run, someone has got to invest in the materials for the mass run (mass = massive amounts of money) and pay for that mass run. Now the investor has to have confidence that he will make money from his investment. But Scion owners have a reputation for being cheap, therefore the investors do not have the confidence that they will make their money back. Sure there are a couple of Scion owners out there racing their cars or are willing to spend the money on quality parts, but not enough to make any money off of. Your in the wrong crowd.
Yeah, it's a shame really but well, it is what it is
Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hardrace rucas will be out in two months. Love them or hate them, I don't care. Buy them or not, I don't care.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment