Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Xtec rucas do the job. Only problem is the $315 price from no competition.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

$315 seems a little steep for rucas but I don't want to drive around with cambered wheels after I lower my car. Do you have a link the the rucas?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://xtecautousa.weebly.com/adjust...trol-arms.html

I ordered the 'Normal' since it offers +3/-2 adjustment.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh nice! If my camber is bad after I lower my car then I guess I will be purchasing those. My trd springs are on the way!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD springs won't be much of a visible drop. If you want something visible that feels closest to the stock feel then you should get coilovers with shock travel adjustments.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? Hm i'll have to think about it. There's a big price difference though
Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got these...
http://meganracingwholesale.rpmware..../i-543807.aspx

Great for a daily driver. Wouldn't use them for racing. Excellent price and great site to purchase from. They are far more versatile than just springs.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by oblivionlord
I got these...
http://meganracingwholesale.rpmware..../i-543807.aspx

Great for a daily driver. Wouldn't use them for racing. Excellent price and great site to purchase from. They are far more versatile than just springs.
This thread is about the rear camber...those will only adjust the front camber. Those have nothing to do with this thread.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you are going to buy the Xtec RUCAs, just go to my build thread and I show you how to make the exact same ones for half the price. They are just using my idea, and selling them for double the price! Or, like I said, Hardrace RUCAs will be available in two months.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
This thread is about the rear camber...those will only adjust the front camber. Those have nothing to do with this thread.

I'm well aware that these aren't for the rears. I'm simply giving a friendly suggestion since he sounded concerned after I told him about the slight drop he'll gain out of TRD's.
Not like it was thread jacking since tangents will happen to a degree.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by noskatehate22
If you are going to buy the Xtec RUCAs, just go to my build thread and I show you how to make the exact same ones for half the price. They are just using my idea, and selling them for double the price! Or, like I said, Hardrace RUCAs will be available in two months.
Your rucas have a welded piece attached to some existing ruca which look nothing like Xtec since theirs look far more professionally done. The aesthetics of a product can make or break a sale.

Furthermore, it's certainly nothing that you will be able to show me on how to make myself for half the price since it requires a welder of which I am not. Therefore I'd still have to bring it to a shop and have them weld 2 pieces together.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I highly doubt that people at Xtec went on a scion forum and saw your picture and said "let's rip his idea off". I'm not car guru.. but aren't all rucas generally the same idea? They are all a control arm that retracts or extends as necessary. Does that mean every company that has ever produced rucas for a car ripped you off?

Also, I'm not too content on buying ebay rucas for a different car and trying to make them work on ours with spacers and stuff. I'd rather just buy something that I can just take out of the box and use on my car as it should be used.

Also, my buddy has rucas and I just asked him where he got his and he said he got them from Xtec. I helped him install them a few weeks ago and they seemed pretty straight forward
Old 04-22-2013, 03:08 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DougTC
I highly doubt that people at Xtec went on a scion forum and saw your picture and said "let's rip his idea off". I'm not car guru.. but aren't all rucas generally the same idea? They are all a control arm that retracts or extends as necessary. Does that mean every company that has ever produced rucas for a car ripped you off?

Also, I'm not too content on buying ebay rucas for a different car and trying to make them work on ours with spacers and stuff. I'd rather just buy something that I can just take out of the box and use on my car as it should be used.

Also, my buddy has rucas and I just asked him where he got his and he said he got them from Xtec. I helped him install them a few weeks ago and they seemed pretty straight forward
FWIW, the "xtec rucas" appear to be "ebay rucas for a different car and trying to make them work on ours"

also what he means by "idea" is taking an ebay ruca and modifying it for our tC2, which what xtec appears to have done also (and charging a lot). the style might be different but the idea is the same.

^^these "ideas" as opposed to what 2tc has done, who designed his entirely on his own specifically for the tC2
Old 04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
FWIW, the "xtec rucas" appear to be "ebay rucas for a different car and trying to make them work on ours"

also what he means by "idea" is taking an ebay ruca and modifying it for our tC2, which what xtec appears to have done also (and charging a lot). the style might be different but the idea is the same.

^^these "ideas" as opposed to what 2tc has done, who designed his entirely on his own specifically for the tC2
+2 And I believe Xtec are using Civic RUCA's
Old 04-23-2013, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahahaha hahahaha oh wow. Buying Honda civic rucas, cutting off the end, placing some washers in a bag and marking up the price 100% seems super professional. Hahaha only Scion kids would be worried about the cool colors of their control arms that no one sees. Hahaha
Old 04-23-2013, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So here you can look through my Flickr and look at my BLUE control arms, which are the same thing as xtec. Ebay around $115 and some washers and bushings from Lowes for around $15. Also you can see the Hardrace prototypes with everything already on and upgraded bushing like they should be. "Professional" companies should not make you add washers and bushing and spacers and crap. http://www.flickr.com/photos/noskatehate22/

As you can see here, this is a picture of the xtec RUCA taken directly from their website: http://xtecautousa.weebly.com/adjust...trol-arms.html

Looks exactly like the ones for the Civic like this on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-HONDA-C...41aec9&vxp=mtr

Hmmm.... and this picture on Xtecs website, you can see where they cut it to make it fit! Real professional, huh? Notice the raw metal...

Also, on any suspension product like this, you should NOT have to take it apart to adjust it. This just goes to show that this product was NOT designed for this vehicle. As you can see in this Xtec video, you have to take the knuckle out and turn it, seems like a lot of work when you have to do it over and over to get the camber you want.

On the Hardrace arm, all you do is loosen the yellow nut, turn the blue, then tighten the yellow one back up.

Either way, like I said I don't care what anyone buys or whatever. I would rather have people buy something of more quality, or atleast save money if they are going to buy the same thing.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Twisting the knuckle did seem kind of odd and a pita lol. What's the cost going to be for the Hardrace?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So here you can look through my Flickr and look at my BLUE control arms, which are the same thing as xtec. Ebay around $115 and some washers and bushings from Lowes for around $15. Also you can see the Hardrace prototypes with everything already on and upgraded bushing like they should be. "Professional" companies should not make you add washers and bushing and spacers and crap. http://www.flickr.com/photos/noskatehate22/

As you can see here, this is a picture of the xtec RUCA taken directly from their website: http://xtecautousa.weebly.com/adjust...trol-arms.html

Looks exactly like the ones for the Civic like this on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-HONDA-C...41aec9&vxp=mtr

Hmmm.... and this picture on Xtecs website, you can see where they cut it to make it fit! Real professional, huh? Notice the raw metal...

Also, on any suspension product like this, you should NOT have to take it apart to adjust it. This just goes to show that this product was NOT designed for this vehicle. As you can see in this Xtec video, you have to take the knuckle out and turn it, seems like a lot of work when you have to do it over and over to get the camber you want. Xtec Auto Accessories - 2011+ Scion Tc - Adjustable RUCA's Camber Adjustment - YouTube

On the Hardrace arm, all you do is loosen the yellow nut, turn the blue, then tighten the yellow one back up.

Either way, like I said I don't care what anyone buys or whatever. I would rather have people buy something of more quality, or atleast save money if they are going to buy the same thing.
The hardrace arms looks nice, pretty much like what 2tc did with his prototypes, that was using the stock RUCA's and making them adjustable by cutting and welding. Offering these with powdercoating options in different colors would be a blast!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by SullenSenium
The hardrace arms looks nice, pretty much like what 2tc did with his prototypes, that was using the stock RUCA's and making them adjustable by cutting and welding...
No they don't! Look at the welds...they look like a high school dropout welded them. Then go take a look at my welds. Also, how are the rod end held in place?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
No they don't! Look at the welds...they look like a high school dropout welded them. Then go take a look at my welds. Also, how are the rod end held in place?

That I did notice that right away, the welding in yours is much more cleaner and professional. I was referring to the approach taken, but yours looks better made by a whole lot, there's no debate about it. BTW, what are the differences between your prototype and the ones you had made based on your design, performance-wise?

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment