Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned
SL Member

None...I never made the production version. But there would not be any anyway.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by noskatehate22
So here you can look through my Flickr and look at my BLUE control arms, which are the same thing as xtec. Ebay around $115 and some washers and bushings from Lowes for around $15. Also you can see the Hardrace prototypes with everything already on and upgraded bushing like they should be. "Professional" companies should not make you add washers and bushing and spacers and crap. http://www.flickr.com/photos/noskatehate22/

As you can see here, this is a picture of the xtec RUCA taken directly from their website: http://xtecautousa.weebly.com/adjust...trol-arms.html

Looks exactly like the ones for the Civic like this on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-HONDA-C...41aec9&vxp=mtr

Hmmm.... and this picture on Xtecs website, you can see where they cut it to make it fit! Real professional, huh? Notice the raw metal...

Also, on any suspension product like this, you should NOT have to take it apart to adjust it. This just goes to show that this product was NOT designed for this vehicle. As you can see in this Xtec video, you have to take the knuckle out and turn it, seems like a lot of work when you have to do it over and over to get the camber you want. Xtec Auto Accessories - 2011+ Scion Tc - Adjustable RUCA's Camber Adjustment - YouTube

On the Hardrace arm, all you do is loosen the yellow nut, turn the blue, then tighten the yellow one back up.

Either way, like I said I don't care what anyone buys or whatever. I would rather have people buy something of more quality, or atleast save money if they are going to buy the same thing.

I would say that they do look similar but I don't know about exactly the same. Also, the hardrace ones looks like they cut off the top and my sister welded a piece of pipe onto it. You can't even compare the quality to the blue ones he made. His look great, Hardrace's look like crap.

Also, I haven't been on this forum long, but I have seen you posting everywhere about "hardrace" control arms and most of them are long and passionate messages. I definitely don't believe that you don't care if people buy them or not, especially because you say it in like every message.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:57 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DougTC
I would say that they do look similar but I don't know about exactly the same. Also, the hardrace ones looks like they cut off the top and my sister welded a piece of pipe onto it. You can't even compare the quality to the blue ones he made. His look great, Hardrace's look like crap.
his weren't "made" they were taken off another car and modified to fit...I could get a real Mercedes Benz emblem and say it looks like it was made with high quality, but sticking on my scion with duct tape just to make it fit turns it into a crap/unreliable product

while hardrace may not look that great, at least its actually for the tC2

look at it this way, there are 3 products and they each fill a spot on the spectrum.

on the far left, fake (civic) rucas by xtec
on the far right, professionally done custom tC2 rucas by 2tc

in the middle, hardrace....lower quality production but at least its not from another car
Old 04-23-2013, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The sad part is that 2tc cannot make these available to the general population of tC2 owners due to cost. The Hardrace ones would be better if the weld was done by a more experienced welder. I personally would buy the Hardrace ones if the weld was of better quality like 2tc's are. They would also have to be at a reasonable price. I am slammed on my racelands as low as they will go and need a rear camber kit. so if the Hardrace ones are improved i may buy a set. Just wish 2tc's could be mass produced. Thanks for all your hard work and effort to design and try to produce them 2tc... sad it didnt work out.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DougTC
Also, I haven't been on this forum long, but I have seen you posting everywhere about "hardrace" control arms and most of them are long and passionate messages. I definitely don't believe that you don't care if people buy them or not, especially because you say it in like every message.
It's just the fact that a company is going to sell the masses crap for a ridiculous price, when a decent company is actually taking the time to make a product, yet people are gonne _____ about it and buy the crap. It's just kind of irritating, ya know?

Anyways, I feel the same way as everyone else, the welds do look kind of crappy, but those big welds are extra support welds, the welds underneath do look good. But yes I do agree, It could look better. We will see how the actual product looks when they release it.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by noskatehate22
It's just the fact that a company is going to sell the masses crap for a ridiculous price, when a decent company is actually taking the time to make a product, yet people are gonne _____ about it and buy the crap. It's just kind of irritating, ya know?

Anyways, I feel the same way as everyone else, the welds do look kind of crappy, but those big welds are extra support welds, the welds underneath do look good. But yes I do agree, It could look better. We will see how the actual product looks when they release it.
I agree they do look ok. But they could be improved. We will just have to wait and see when they come out.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member

Hey 2tC,

Just curious, I know it has been awhile since you made these but do you happen to have the info on the heim joint/bushing you used?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sym_Link
Hey 2tC,

Just curious, I know it has been awhile since you made these but do you happen to have the info on the heim joint/bushing you used?
X2
Old 05-07-2013, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2tCornot2tC
None...I never made the production version. But there would not be any anyway.

2tc my hats off to you my friend in quality of your a-RUCA

I'm in serious need of RUCA'S its obvious from the forum as far as custom work you have the advantage so in your opinion which company has the better quality right now? or should custom making my own would be a better choice? If so would you be willing to share specs obviously im willing to pay for the specs and info as far as making something similar to yours.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 AM
Banned
SL Member

I've made mine before anybody made any for the tC2...so I really can't say just go make them yourself. I also don't know your skill level. As you can see from these forums, even the "professional" skill level is very questionable (read that as sucks). Even now, the ones that you see that are called "for the tC2" are just modified ones from another car - and poorly modified at that! The only piece of advice I can offer at this time, is to keep away from anything that is made of "aircraft quality" 6061-T6. Yes, the aircraft industry set the standards (military standards) but there is a standard for toilet seats also! ..and 6061's intended use is for decorative trim because it machines very easily and has a very nice finish. But its right next to recycled aluminum as far as strength goes...it is garbage. So don't get caught up with the pretty colors.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I get what you're saying... at the same time I'm at point that I simply need the part made out of quality material and does the job... I know its a long shot but would paying you for THE specs on the RUCA'S be a possibility?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Banned
SL Member

What? You think you can source this cheaper than I can?

Since you are asking...you are in the wrong league!

You know the saying? "If you have ask how much it costs - you can't afford it."

There was an opportunity to buy them a while back for $2,000 a set. If there are a couple more guys willing to pay that, I'll get them made. But I need to make at least 10 pieces...that is only 5 cars. I'll take the first set, if you take the second set, all we need is 3 more people to make this a go! And I will not start until I get full payment in advance (well, I might go for 75%). You got the 2 grand to talk?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There was an opportunity to buy them a while back for $2,000 a set. If there are a couple more guys willing to pay that, I'll get them made. But I need to make at least 10 pieces...that is only 5 cars. I'll take the first set, if you take the second set, all we need is 3 more people to make this a go! And I will not start until I get full payment in advance (well, I might go for 75%). You got the 2 grand to talk?
Ah, I miss this banter. I'm still in the hole for the engine build, otherwise I'd be one of those 3.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

My man I'm not asking the price cuz I can't afford I'm offering money for the specifics you already have... Which would cut my build time... As far as league and get done cheaper who knows... just don't trust handing some one 2 grand when they are not on shelf and ready to be sent out... Either way figure I'd talk to some who might've been interested on making some extra money for just the specs....if you're ever behind on some bills and decided to part with yours, I'd gladly take them of your hands...
Old 05-07-2013, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is entertaining
Old 05-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by juancho
... just don't trust handing some one 2 grand when they are not on shelf and ready to be sent out...
I did...that is why I've got them...and you don't.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can someone please stop this, nobody cares about their fight, I just want to know more about any real chance of having those A-RUCA's but I most definitely and honestly don't have 2k for them, that could go on down payment for another car without the problem.... So please stop the fighting, its going nowhere.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

This is one thread I'd prefer not to let get closed, so just clean it up and stay on topic
Old 05-08-2013, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any word when the Hardrace RUCA's will come out?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No update? I think I'm going to order a 2nd set and get a suspension shop to modify them for me. Atleast then I can tell if they are done correctly.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm (A-RUCA) for rear camber adjustment