Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Eibach and H&R springs availible

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely seems like they're ripping me off. I might try to find someone in the area who's able to help me install them, then I can buy the springs off of TRDsparks and save a ton of money on installation. Still wondering where biglilsteve got his $399 for part+installation.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:14 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by donsun
Definitely seems like they're ripping me off. I might try to find someone in the area who's able to help me install them, then I can buy the springs off of TRDsparks and save a ton of money on installation. Still wondering where biglilsteve got his $399 for part+installation.
I believe he is referring to scion.com where it shows a $399 installed price on the website. Here is verbatim what scion.com says. I believe each Scion Dealership has an installed price for all accessories that are offered, because of Pure Pricing. What is your local dealer that is telling you $700 for installation? Most of the dealers have a Scion only website that has prices listed for accessories with install.

TRD - LOWERING SPRINGS
$399.00
TRD lowering springs lower the vehicle's center of gravity by approximately one inch, enhancing the vehicle's on-road performance through quicker turn-in, enhanced steering response and improved cornering ability. Featuring TRD's durable bold red powder coat finish for superior corrosion resistance, the lowering springs have been rigorously tested and engineered to help ensure against rattles, clunking or rubbing.

Installed MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price for accessories installed by the manufacturer. Actual prices for dealer installed accessories may vary. Please see your local Scion dealer for pricing. Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had mine installed even while shooting a video in 2 hours with no power tools and jack stands for demonstrative purposes. No reason a shop should charge more then two hours for this with wall mounted spring compressors and power tools. I've worked at dealers before (Toyota included). Not all of them are trustworthy and will try and rip you off. Very few that are really legit anymore which is sad to say.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, what ninerbud said.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ninerbud, thanks a ton for finding that on the website, i forwarded that to the dealership and they are willing to do $399 for the part + install. and this is from the same dealership that quoted me $700 for install alone. can't believe this is how dealerships treat their customers and try to rip them off big time... I'll have my TRD's installed in a couple of weeks
Old 02-25-2011, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pft, my local dealer quoted me $700 for installation and alignment plus parts... Told em PEACE!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Hello to all, this is my first time to post in the forums (been a lurker most if the time)

To stay on topic: I got my tc few weeks ago, and I went back to the dealer to ask for a quote on how much to install springs. The guy said we are looking at around 10 hours of work and it'll cost me around 1000 without parts. I just can't believe how much lies goes thru that dealership!

I'm sure glad I read this thread.

On the side note: maybe I couldve asked for spring install before I bought the car, then it wouldve cost me just 399. But I guess its too late now.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome!

And yeah I can't believe how high some dealers are trying to quote!

I have personally dealt with this issue when having other scion accessories installed. As soon as you quote the site, they drop to their knees
Old 02-26-2011, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by limizkid
Hello to all, this is my first time to post in the forums (been a lurker most if the time)

To stay on topic: I got my tc few weeks ago, and I went back to the dealer to ask for a quote on how much to install springs. The guy said we are looking at around 10 hours of work and it'll cost me around 1000 without parts. I just can't believe how much lies goes thru that dealership!

I'm sure glad I read this thread.

On the side note: maybe I couldve asked for spring install before I bought the car, then it wouldve cost me just 399. But I guess its too late now.
just email a couple of local dealers and send them a link to the scion website, atleast one of them will be willing to do it for the price listed on the website. But I don't think the $399 includes alignment but that's like a $60~70 extra. I'm still not sure if you're supposed to wait for your car to settle before an alignment or if I should just get it right away..
Old 02-26-2011, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah it doesn't include alignment. It's been said around here (forget which user) that the 'settling' is negligible so its more convenient to just get it aligned on the spot.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
SL Member

ninerbud, thanks a ton for finding that on the website, i forwarded that to the dealership and they are willing to do $399 for the part + install. and this is from the same dealership that quoted me $700 for install alone. can't believe this is how dealerships treat their customers and try to rip them off big time... I'll have my TRD's installed in a couple of weeks
Not all dealerships treat their customers like that. I am personally responsible for my dealerships Accessory packages, and I always use the Scion page to get prices for them. I can't for the life of me figure out what would cause that installation to cost $700. Even at a very aggressive price of $100/hr for labor that is still way too much. My install was done by one of my technicians between other cars and still only took him 2 hours and then a whopping 20 mins on the alignment rack. Always look up the accesory on the scion website, BEFORE talking to the dealership. Walk in there with a print out of what you are looking at, and simply ask if the part is available. Then, they will know that you have been on the website and you know what the prices should be.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by limizkid
... But I guess its too late now.
Why do you think that? Your car is still in the same condition as they would have gotten it to install at the dealer when new...

An other thing...the car must be within spec if the dealer does it. There is no way that the alignment can be right after a spring install. I would let the dealer install the spring and then come back a few days later complaining that the car wanders now and does not feel right. They MUST then check the allignment...if it is out, they are required make it within spec. I would then drive it for a few months (but make sure it is still within their within their waranty time) and take it back comlaining of the same symptoms...they will re-check it to the same OEM specs...

Look at that! An install and 2 alignments for $399!

Well...that is what I would do...- don't know about you guys though.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^I like that idea! I really hope that would work!
Old 03-09-2011, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so are alignments supposed to be covered under a standard warranty? can I claim warranty at any dealership or is it only at the one i purchased from?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Banned
SL Member

This is step 9 of the Toyota installation istructions for installing the PTR11-21100 TRD lowering springs;

9. Alignment
Alignment should not be necessary after installing the TRD lowering springs. However, checking for correct measurements and adjusting to the specs. below will provide optimal performance from your SCION tC.
Front:
Total Toe = 1.0 +/-2.0 mm (0.04 +/-0.08 in.)
Camber = -0°13' +/-45' (-0.22° +/-0.75°)
Rear:
Total Toe = 3 +/-2 mm (0.12 +/-0.08 in.)
Camber = -2°0' +/-30' (-2.00°+/-0.50°)(Modified by TRD USA) Note: camber is not adjustable

So it does not allow them to go out of spec once the springs are installed and is includded in the installation cost...that is how I read it...covered under waranty...at any dealer.

Last edited by 2tCornot2tC; 03-09-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: step not tep
Old 03-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Banned
SL Member

here is a link to all of the instructions...
http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PTR11-21100inst.pdf
Old 03-10-2011, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so are alignments supposed to be covered under a standard warranty? can I claim warranty at any dealership or is it only at the one i purchased from?
Alignments are like brakes, they are considered regular maintenance items. Unless you hit something or in this case, change a suspension component, you shouldn't need an alignment at least until suspension components start wearing out.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To bring this thread a bit back on topic:

Was looking around for springs again and it seems that eibach did their research on the tC's sportline springs:

http://performance-suspension.eibach...cion_tc_2011__

I'm pretty tempted to get these over the TRD since it drops the rear more

anyone know when trd is releasing shocks for the tC2?

Last edited by donsun; 04-05-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default TRD springs

Also to put it into perspective about how much Canadians get ripped off,

The TRD springs "installed price" on the scion Canada website are $1155. Are they made out of gold?!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

To bring this thread a bit back on topic:

Was looking around for springs again and it seems that eibach did their research on the tC's sportline springs:

http://performance-suspension.eibach...cion_tc_2011__

I'm pretty tempted to get these over the TRD since it drops the rear more

anyone know when trd is releasing shocks for the tC2?
Ill be waiting!! Eibach is an extremely good suspension brand had a couple friends with eibach suspension very very good quality! And finally we can get rid of that lifted rear end look

Quick Reply: Eibach and H&R springs availible