Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

I NEED COILOVERS

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member

Default I NEED COILOVERS

Hey guys,
New to the forums really, picking up my tc2 (cement) on monday but i need to have things figured out before. reading up alot on the forum for the past few weeks and speaking around i realizing springs really arent for me. whats the deal with the coilovers now. is anything released or has anyone made any new discoveries. let me know. thanks

mike
Old 07-27-2011, 02:01 PM
SL Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't coil-overs and lowering springs the EXACT same thing except for: coil-overs you can adjust the height to your preference, coil-overs are springs+shock, and lowering springs are just...springs. Either way they both achieve the same result = lowering your car. Coil-overs go lower than lowering springs.

Anyway, I think there are two or three threads about coil-overs under Suspension and Handling forums. I know one company has already made them.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member

Im forsure no pro at this but i believe that coil overs are a much better way to go about lowering your car for me. I live in Montreal quebec where the snow is horrible so being able to raise my car in the winter and slam it in the summer is amazing. springs also kill your suspension over the long run. someone please correct me if im wrong here this is just based on what i read.
thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 02:10 PM
SL Member

Gotcha, springs don't kill your suspension since it "is" your suspension, but coil-overs is right for you if you want to change it between seasons. I don't know how far up (like stock height) or down you can go. I guess it depends on the product, but be prepared to spend $1,000+ for coil-overs.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member

ya i am ready. i just dont know what to buy. fortune 500 seems to be doing something. tein has a set i think. but not many reviews about them or forsure awnsers of wether they are out and available.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:13 PM
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=205509

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204559

This guy has pics and a review.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204195
Old 07-27-2011, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member

damper kit/coilovers

same thing(question mark(french keyboards cant do question marks))
Old 07-27-2011, 03:26 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

lowering springs are just springs and the struts will wear out eventually with them....not so soon since our cars are new

coilovers are springs+struts..so its like replacing the struts sooner rather than later

...anyways...CUSCO is r&ding with my car....currently the strut bar and i've been telling them that coilovers is what people want for the tC2

so depending on how that goes i'll update you guys on what they do
Old 07-27-2011, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member

THANKS
Old 07-27-2011, 04:07 PM
SL Member

Coilovers are the way to go long term if your serious about your ride height. Reason why I like them is because you can ride low in the summer and crank the height back up in the winter. Don't know what is out there for the tC2 but I wouldn't be too quick on buying some coilovers. Drive your car a year or two and sit and watch what comes out. Buy something that is quality and name brand...... such as Tein. Anything that is quality is easily over 1k but you will be glad you spent that extra money.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member

I think i am going to go with the tein soon. Does anyone know the diffrence between the basic and the super street.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ometta
Coilovers are the way to go long term if your serious about your ride height. Reason why I like them is because you can ride low in the summer and crank the height back up in the winter. Don't know what is out there for the tC2 but I wouldn't be too quick on buying some coilovers. Drive your car a year or two and sit and watch what comes out. Buy something that is quality and name brand...... such as Tein. Anything that is quality is easily over 1k but you will be glad you spent that extra money.
dude, where have you been...i'm loving all of your posts! its exactly what i'm thinking only in a smarter way of saying it

it really irks me how many people want to rush into getting mods for this car....it usually takes a year or two for a new car to get its stuff (unless ur a Honda)...for now the best things are to keep tabs on companies doing r&d and do custom mods for now (ex. Scion202's leds or MightyP/jayjay's interior stuff or painting things) no need to jump ship on the first thing available (look at the injen's intake then vs what is available now...descendent, takeda, trd, weapon r, and fujitia soon)
Old 07-27-2011, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member

im just so excited. ive been waiting for the car for almost a year now. im picking it up on monday so i want to start. i wanted to start with the exhaust but its unlogical for me because someone hears a nice car coming.......then they realize its just a regualr car with an exhaust. once its lowered its a whole diffrent ball game. interior stuff is easy/ fun to do which i will be doing. the coilovers have just been a dream for me so im real excited. if i do wait a year do you think someone will have good coils at a better price then now.

also if you were me. what would be you steps in modding the car (what first and what next)( im really looking for more show than go) i like to drive fast but nothing stupid)
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MikeTC2
im just so excited. ive been waiting for the car for almost a year now. im picking it up on monday so i want to start. i wanted to start with the exhaust but its unlogical for me because someone hears a nice car coming.......then they realize its just a regualr car with an exhaust. once its lowered its a whole diffrent ball game. interior stuff is easy/ fun to do which i will be doing. the coilovers have just been a dream for me so im real excited. if i do wait a year do you think someone will have good coils at a better price then now.

also if you were me. what would be you steps in modding the car (what first and what next)( im really looking for more show than go) i like to drive fast but nothing stupid)
any exhaust that make the car sound obnoxiously fast while going 15 mph is stupid

i'm hoping CUSCO will in a year or so.

as far as mod order...its all depends really. mainly go for the cheap ascetic things anytime u want...paint things (rims, emblems, interior, engine, etc) or adding little accessories (stubby antenna, valve caps, etc)

other common things would probably be tint, HIDs/leds, and upgrading the sound (mainly a new HU)

if u want new rims u can basically do that anytime as they are not really vehicle specific

a lot of people also do the 2nd reverse light mod for the tC2

u can also do lamin-x or other vinyl warps for the head/taillights

...all of that stuff can come before things like intake, lowering, turbo, etc

best thing...check other people's build threads to get an idea what people do.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll soon be making a thread, but give standard suspension a call for coilovers 1-888-239-0770
Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member

I called, they dont even have coilovers.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol um, they actually do, I hope I didn't post the wrong number haha

But they actually have the R1 coilover for the tC2 in stock!

STDsuspension.com
Old 07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member

Can someone please explain what exactly it is the R1 suspension.Is that the coilovers. im no pro here. just going for a certain look.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's just a model and name brand like tein ss-p or stance gr+. What look are you going for?
Old 07-29-2011, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member

simply,

i just wana be lowww

Quick Reply: I NEED COILOVERS