Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Ksport vs. STD Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Ksport vs. STD Coilovers

I cant decide which i want to go with. There is a decent price difference in the two. Anyone got opinions on what they like better or which is a better quality?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

only based on hearsay....

KSport = best drop for your $ (lowest drop at the lowest price)
STD = cheap drop (cheapest set in general...as of what has been released)

quality wise i'm not sure...however I have heard of KSport for a while and just barely started hearing about STD now.

I also know STD is based in Canada for what its worth and has been used on a number of tC2s...two of which used for tack and one of which used on one of the tC2 tuner challenges at SEMA 2 years back (tough it was from the team based in Canada)

so yea, take what i said for what its worth....i have no experience with either to have a definite answer/opinion. my eyes are set elsewhere
Old 04-18-2012, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Being the only guys on ksports, haha, I can say they are awesome can def go low i dont even rock them slammed. I am always messing with them and held them as soon as they came in and the quality is great and set at very high standards. also full adjustment at a good price. STD's look great in the pics havent seen them in person, also std sounds dirty jk. I think either is great depending is you like blue or orange better. Ksports are also most like the std r3's.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The STD coilovers are the most expensive that ive found, they quoted me like 1400 bucks or something, and KSport quoted me 8 or 900. Ill probably end up waiting on the the Ksports, i just hope they dont take forever after the order they have now runs out.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should be fine. they doubled the production of the first shippment as i was told when I saw them a few days ago. I think they will be a lil more than that i think that was preorder price but still def cheaper than std
Old 04-18-2012, 06:30 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zaksturbo
The STD coilovers are the most expensive that ive found, they quoted me like 1400 bucks or something, and KSport quoted me 8 or 900. Ill probably end up waiting on the the Ksports, i just hope they dont take forever after the order they have now runs out.
Originally Posted by Aztcrs801
You should be fine. they doubled the production of the first shippment as i was told when I saw them a few days ago. I think they will be a lil more than that i think that was preorder price but still def cheaper than std
hm i thought the KSports were slightly more expensive, like a 100 or so. might be wrong though
Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

KJ you are wrong im sure the ksports are deff less than the std r3s now you owe me a kj sticker in yellow haha btw I may be going to torc maybe if ur socal guys want to meet up pm
Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

me and my car will be at TORC
Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The k sport and std have the same drop. The std cost more than the ksports.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
only based on hearsay....

KSport = best drop for your $ (lowest drop at the lowest price)
STD = cheap drop (cheapest set in general...as of what has been released)

quality wise i'm not sure...however I have heard of KSport for a while and just barely started hearing about STD now.

I also know STD is based in Canada for what its worth and has been used on a number of tC2s...two of which used for tack and one of which used on one of the tC2 tuner challenges at SEMA 2 years back (tough it was from the team based in Canada)

so yea, take what i said for what its worth....i have no experience with either to have a definite answer/opinion. my eyes are set elsewhere
yea, thats false information. The STD's are anything but cheap
Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The ksport are like 900 bucks is what i have seen them run for.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the standard suspension r3 coilovers and they are a very high quality coilover system. I have no experience with ksport. But I do know the std coilovers are on a lot of race and drift cars. I suggest clicking on the link in my sig and talk to them to get more info.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Aztcrs801
KJ you are wrong im sure the ksports are deff less than the std r3s now you owe me a kj sticker in yellow haha btw I may be going to torc maybe if ur socal guys want to meet up pm
me and my car will be at TORC
will be there, but not joining the car show because i forgot to register. LMAO

and justin, white sticker foe me.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default K-Sport VS. STD Suspension

Honestly, i'd avoid K-Sport.. they have just come out and built a reputation for just 'slamming' cars.. my experience with them on my AE86 is waaaay too stiff for daily (lowest dampening setting) and although it hasn't happened to me, their main rep is for blowing out very easy.

I'd be looking more towards the higher quality STD Suspension..
K-Sports are Made in Taiwan.
BC Racing is high on my list for now.. Waiting on Stance.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:27 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AlmostAlcoholic
Honestly, i'd avoid K-Sport.. they have just come out and built a reputation for just 'slamming' cars.. my experience with them on my AE86 is waaaay too stiff for daily (lowest dampening setting) and although it hasn't happened to me, their main rep is for blowing out very easy.

I'd be looking more towards the higher quality STD Suspension..
K-Sports are Made in Taiwan.
BC Racing is high on my list for now.. Waiting on Stance.
not disagreeing with you, nor knocking on the brands....but STD doesnt seem that much higher quality either
Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Based on what information? Please do not tell me you think Teins are the best suspension company out there..

If you read up on STD Suspensions website, they mention that they have worked with another company before and just began working out on their own- believing that it would be better off for them.

Sounds a bit like BC Racing. Where they were the manufacturers of very high-end suspension companies such as Zeal and APEXi. But have since deciding to sell their products under their own name for a cheaper price.

Haven't done much research for STD Suspension, however quick browsing of their website shows that R&D with race teams internationally is something they truly have under their belt.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:00 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

no concrete information...but thats the thing

STD is too new to really know how high their quality is. so for now i dont see them as a major player. they might be or might not be...but the jury is still out on them. I'm also familiar with the story on BC....they came from a good place and continued to be good, sure. can STD do it? maybe...maybe not

and by the way...i have zero interest in Teins....

while i try to keep an open mind to companies, i've noticed a strong trend that most of the best suspension companies are the ones either r&d in Europe or Japan and use that as my general rule of thumb
Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

while i try to keep an open mind to companies, i've noticed a strong trend that most of the best suspension companies are the ones either r&d in Europe or Japan and use that as my general rule of thumb
Amen.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no concrete information...but thats the thing

STD is too new to really know how high their quality is. so for now i dont see them as a major player. they might be or might not be...but the jury is still out on them. I'm also familiar with the story on BC....they came from a good place and continued to be good, sure. can STD do it? maybe...maybe not

I'm curious as to why you ruled out Teins. Everyone uses them for springs, why rule out their coils?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I rule out all teins....

From springs to coils I don't hear too many positive things on them. They are one of the bigger companies and always come out with products for a number of cars, but sometimes it seems they have lost attention to details.

I think people buy them because they are a known company, but after they have their product they start to see the negatives. One of them being that sometimes their suspension setups ends up sagging quickly. All in all tein seems more like a "hype" brand more than anything

Quick Reply: Ksport vs. STD Coilovers