Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Ksport vs. STD Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
no concrete information...but thats the thing

STD is too new to really know how high their quality is. so for now i dont see them as a major player. they might be or might not be...but the jury is still out on them. I'm also familiar with the story on BC....they came from a good place and continued to be good, sure. can STD do it? maybe...maybe not
Standard suspension has been around for a while and are very high quality. Tey focus more on racing and drift cars more than street cars which is most likely why most people have not heard of them. I just dont like the fact that people talk bad about a company with out any facts or experience and im not directly talking to anyone just stating the facts. Im not saying this just because I'm sponsored by them and i would never reccomend a product that is not up to par. These coilovers are very high quality. I drive on them daily. No issues. my tc handels like a dream. I am also not knocking any other coiover company its good to have options.

STD is a very high quality Japanese performance brand concentrating solely on race Suspension and Braking Systems. They are not designed or aimed at the entry level market. Rather concentrating their efforts into creating the ultimate affordable racing dampers and brake systems for true track enthusiasts. With backing from the likes of Drift and Touge legend -Keiichi Tsuchiya- you can be confident you're getting what you paid for.

Don't get suckered in to low prices and fancy gimmicks. Your suspension system is THE MOST improtant aspect of your car. It is what maintains the tyres contact patch with the bitumen. Without a well designed and manufactured suspension system, your car will be rubbish! Take it from us - we've tried plenty.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm. I think for the first time I disagree with you KidJustin. LOL!!! I had Tein S-Techs on my Tc1 and have the S-Techs being shipped as we speak. I have used Sprint, Progress Sport, Neuspeed Race, and Eibach in the past as far as lowering springs are concerned. Neuspeed and Teins are my favorite ones. No sagging problems what so ever. There ARE a lot of fakes out there, and knowing how people don't want to spend the money on their cars probably ended up buying some fakes off of ebay. I know a lot of people personally and through this site (Tc1 specific and some Tc2) that love them. Now as far as coilovers, I don't have experience in. I'm not into the stance scene or don't have plans to track my car so coils are over kill. Plus having a baby on the way, I don't want to rattle baby's brains. I'm a believer in a good set of springs for DD. A lot of people who have coils these days ruin the design and engineering that goes into them just so that they can get the "Moar Low" look. Just my opinion bud. Go on Tein's website and they address the problem of faulty or fakes.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
I rule out all teins....

From springs to coils I don't hear too many positive things on them. They are one of the bigger companies and always come out with products for a number of cars, but sometimes it seems they have lost attention to details.

I think people buy them because they are a known company, but after they have their product they start to see the negatives. One of them being that sometimes their suspension setups ends up sagging quickly. All in all tein seems more like a "hype" brand more than anything
PTuning chose Teins for their tc2 project. And I believe theres one person on here that has the basic Teins. I've just been wondering why everyone makes so much hype about KSports. is all people want nowadays is moar low
Old 04-23-2012, 06:13 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Backinblacktc2
Standard suspension has been around for a while and are very high quality. Tey focus more on racing and drift cars more than street cars which is most likely why most people have not heard of them. I just dont like the fact that people talk bad about a company with out any facts or experience and im not directly talking to anyone just stating the facts. Im not saying this just because I'm sponsored by them and i would never reccomend a product that is not up to par. These coilovers are very high quality. I drive on them daily. No issues. my tc handels like a dream. I am also not knocking any other coiover company its good to have options.

STD is a very high quality Japanese performance brand concentrating solely on race Suspension and Braking Systems. They are not designed or aimed at the entry level market. Rather concentrating their efforts into creating the ultimate affordable racing dampers and brake systems for true track enthusiasts. With backing from the likes of Drift and Touge legend -Keiichi Tsuchiya- you can be confident you're getting what you paid for.

Don't get suckered in to low prices and fancy gimmicks. Your suspension system is THE MOST improtant aspect of your car. It is what maintains the tyres contact patch with the bitumen. Without a well designed and manufactured suspension system, your car will be rubbish! Take it from us - we've tried plenty.
i was hoping you would chime in thanks! i started to do research on them to see if they were legit, but i stopped when i set my eyes on my KWs. so its nice to know a little more history on them, especially knowing now they are from Japan boosts their credibility in my book. i also know a lot of well respected people/companies (some of which know them personally) that have went with them....but still never had enough info on them to say they are good or bad

as far as Teins...let's just say i've heard enough horror stories to cross them off my personal list...but yea...thats MY opinion, others can have their own..fine by me..if i stumble on a pair of their super expensive kit that has electonical adjustable ride height for free would i turn it down because its tein? HELL NO....and many times some companies put stuff on their demo/companies cars for the same reason...because its hooked up and because its "good enough" also the auto industry is relatively small and a lot of people know each other....if ur in charge of a project car at one company and you have a close friend at another....you'd be a fool to turn down something from a close friend. you want to help them promote more than anything. so just saying that well because Company X uses them it must be good, isnt good enough reasoning
Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Thanks you guys for interest in our products. Just to give some vague info here. I know some feel if we have a lower price point the quality might somewhat be lesser than other brands, but that is not the case. We are able to offer low prices due to the fact we have been producing coilovers for nearly 15 years now, (10 in the states) and we sell literally thousands of kits per year. Doing so allows streamlining of the production process and price reductions on raw materials. Feel free to browse our website and view our assembly process, QC process, and race teams we work with, (GST Motorsports, Exedy Rally, UMS tuning, and our own time attack and forumla drift vehicles.) If you guys have any questions feel free to call us or hit up one of our vendors that supports scionlife in the dealer section.