Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TB Performance Products Trunk Brace!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:20 AM
SL Member

The X brace is no longer offered and god willing it will remain in the past lol! however the Z brace will rely on attaching an angular support to the new c pillar brace and rear strut bar...If anyone would like one of the discounted braces feel free to shoot me an email and ill send an invoice to you :D Tbperformancproducts@gmail.com
Old 02-17-2012, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

E-mail sent
Old 02-17-2012, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

E-mail sent
Old 03-04-2012, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member

I met up with Danny yesterday and got the trunk and mid chassis braces. Real nice guy. There is a definitely a noticeable difference in tightness.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sym_Link
I met up with Danny yesterday and got the trunk and mid chassis braces. Real nice guy. There is a definitely a noticeable difference in tightness.
Danny, you better not have sold ^^ this guy ^^ the brace I have been waiting on since 20 Feb...
Old 03-06-2012, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^x2 mine shipped out that day also.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:15 AM
SL Member

Lol no i didnt sell your brace. he wanted one that was a different color and therefore i had it in stock.

Keep your eyes open on our site! our new brace will be dropping this week or next! this will be the second part of the Modular Z brace! more info is on the site! www.tbperformanceproducts.com
Old 04-15-2012, 12:35 AM

Hey Quick Question if Anyone knew where I could possibly find some extra plastic Covers (mentioned earlier) that I could Buy maybe from Trdsparks (can't find them there) or anywhere else I would MORE than GLADLY buy the trunk Brace in a heart beat. I want to nicely cut shave and mold a hole that would fit on with the braces on but I don't want to use the ones I have for when I want to take the brace off and look clean.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DakotaCelica
Hey Quick Question if Anyone knew where I could possibly find some extra plastic Covers (mentioned earlier) that I could Buy maybe from Trdsparks (can't find them there) or anywhere else I would MORE than GLADLY buy the trunk Brace in a heart beat. I want to nicely cut shave and mold a hole that would fit on with the braces on but I don't want to use the ones I have for when I want to take the brace off and look clean.
You can get them here http://www.toyotapartszone.com/2011/...rim-cover.html

You are looking for part numbers 58731-21010 and 58732-21010. I drilled holes just like you are talking about and it came out really nice.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:33 PM

Wow Thanks so much Sym Link lol I would have never found that. I'm gonna order the brace and those caps Asap now. ?How Big did Your Holes come out?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sym_link, would you put a picture up please? I have been thinking of doing the same thing, just been lazy and not sure if the effort was worth it. Thanks man.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member

Here are a couple of photos. I don't remember exactly how big I had to make them, but they need to be big enough for the for the end part of the bar to go through, which is quite a bit bigger than the actual diameter of the bar. Also, I centered the hole on the cap but I think it would have been better if it was slightly below center due to the way the cap goes on at an angle. It would have made for a bit cleaner look.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^very nice and clean!

Sym_link, would you put a picture up please? I have been thinking of doing the same thing, just been lazy and not sure if the effort was worth it. Thanks man.
everybody's thinking the same thing... lolz
Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That looks way better than the way I was thinking. I was going to cut a upside down V so it would slide over without removing the bar. Your way looks way more clean. Thanks man.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Druidiron
That looks way better than the way I was thinking. I was going to cut a upside down V so it would slide over without removing the bar. Your way looks way more clean. Thanks man.
Yeah, I originally thought of doing an upside down U but went with the hole instead. Like I said though, I wish I had made the hole slightly lower than center. It was kind of a b**ch getting them back in place but the caps are flexible enough to force em in.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sym_Link
Yeah, I originally thought of doing an upside down U but went with the hole instead. Like I said though, I wish I had made the hole slightly lower than center. It was kind of a b**ch getting them back in place but the caps are flexible enough to force em in.
Awesome! I will remember that when I am drilling them out. Thank you so much for the info dude.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:53 PM
SL Member

Nice work! I like how much you guys modify and play with the parts I make. Its really awesome to see all the cool work you guys do! This is one of the reasons I love working on scions so much!

on a side note we just set up our first authorized dealer in Temecula California! If you are a local you can order parts and even have them installed at The Underground Society! There is more info on their address, hours and such on my website Tbperformanceproducts.com
Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 PM
SL Member

Oscar, if you read this please check your email. I have your parts waiting. I have sent you a few emails regarding where to ship them to as I have not received an address to ship to.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:54 PM

Name:  DSC_0365.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0366.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  46.9 KB

Here's mine. Rubber grommets from Lowes (1 5/8" I think). They were about $2 each. Used a dremmel to cut the hole. Plan to re-paint the braces flat black after the cross brace comes out. What ever happened with that one?
Old 05-12-2012, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Wow! Very clean! I may have a new project...

Quick Reply: TB Performance Products Trunk Brace!