Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Anyone got pics of Kenstyle xA in black?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member

Default Anyone got pics of Kenstyle xA in black?

GF's xA is due to arrive in 2 weeks. Black to match my Evo 8. So.... the xA will get all the stuff I dont want to do to the evo, body kits, wheels, sound, etc. And if someone says "rice" I can just say its the girlfriends car... living vicariously through her.

So anyways, I attempted a photoshop of it but I suck at that kind of thing (need a steady hand for masking).... Was wondering if anyone had pictures of the Kenstyle kit for the xA/Ist in black?
Old 03-17-2005, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

the xA hooked up on rims, kenstyle, and a good sound system is far from rice. . . nasty exhaust that's too loud, dub spinners, ugly neon glow colors that don't match the car, drops that look like the car is broken (sometimes extreme drops look good, if the car isn't bone stock), wings that are too big (or wings mounted improperly. . . I saw a spoiler mounted upside down on a civic once), lights with extreme glare, sound systems that rattle harder than they hit, mismatched stickers (like VTEC on a Toyota or Type R on a Mitsu), and worst of all, an attitude that a mildy modified 4 banger will be faster than all others on the road, including domestic V8's (bad boys like the EVO and Sti don't count here as they are actually fast). . . all these and more are rice rice rice, IMO.

Good luck on the xA, I bet it'll turn out clean. Someobody must have pics. . . Usually when I think of kits on an xA, I think of the fabulous kit, but I personally havn't seen a black kenstyle xA.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member

I agree 100% on the rice comments, I think this will actually turn out classy and tasteful (at least thats the initial goal). I think the fabulous stuff is a bit too much imo. Deep dish rims and stuff is going a bit too far. But, my girlfriend and I are positively in love with the kenstyle kit. We'll need some rims too, which will actually come before the body kit. First thing to sort out is the stereo. Test drove an xA tonight and the stereo isn't all that great for being a "pioneer" branded unit. So her xmas present will be the beginnings of a decent system, and she'll be getting me a turboback for the Evo.... works out nicely, since I'll actually be commuting in the xA while she takes the train and the Evo chills in the garage waiting for trackdays.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Sweet. . . yeah I love the kenstyle too. . . wish I could affort it!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a pic of Itzjere's black xA with Kenstyle Kit.

The Kenstyle is a nice looking kit, but it's fiberglass (both knockoffs and original). You'll need to cut out a bit of the rear black plastic in the exhaust section for it to fit. Also, you will not be able to access the front tow hook without removing the front lip.

Other than these small nitpicks, it's a good kit to have. Good luck on your xA!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is noway that pic is ricer, super clean. but becareful because it is easy to turn ricer... (etc: certain (and most) decals, too much LED, and my pet peev flags on the rearview mirror... for some reason puerto ricans love to show there flag..)
Old 02-27-2006, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

That KenStyle is HAWT!!! Too bad I went with the Vizage kit. ;)
Old 02-27-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Where's the Kenstyle grille??? So you didn't get the whole kit, just the sideskirts and front lip?
Old 02-27-2006, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

That's Itzjere's xA. If it's a replica, then chances are a grill didn't come with it. I haven't seen a kit that comes with a grill...

I need to get a grill soon. I don't like the stock one!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice xA, that's hot.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

its mostly black and its molded in. lol

and before anybody strts raggin' about the vinyl... it pays the bills
Old 03-07-2006, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

What happened to the red?! And the wing?! Did you sell it?! I'm interested! Is that the Fab wing?! Are you still running bags?!

:: breathe, breathe:: Whew..............

Okay, okay. Just playing. Nice though! Good work!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by goodgreek
What happened to the red?! And the wing?! Did you sell it?! I'm interested! Is that the Fab wing?! Are you still running bags?!

:: breathe, breathe:: Whew..............

Okay, okay. Just playing. Nice though! Good work!
gave it a color change. the old wing is gone and yes thats a fab wing. still got bags for now. next year they will probably get replaced with coilovers
Old 03-14-2006, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member

is it vairly easy to put a body kit on? how much does painting the parts cost and do they match it well? like flint mica? i'm just noticing everyone has put a kit on and it always seems so hard to me.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Is it easy?! I wouldn't know. I paid a shop to put it on for me. BCP is a tri-color, so I paid a little extra for the paint to match. In the end, it cost about $400 for paint and install.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by goodgreek
Is it easy?! I wouldn't know. I paid a shop to put it on for me. BCP is a tri-color, so I paid a little extra for the paint to match. In the end, it cost about $400 for paint and install.
That's kind of steep, I mean, since thats not including the money you paid for the kit. I don't know, it still might be a cool investment. The only thing that bugs me is I see people with kits on their car with paint chips or cracks and after that it's just kind of worthless it seems.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hmm... I thought that that was kinda cheap. I've seen people like that, too. But they just don't know how to take care of their cars.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Okay. Here's some pictures of the kit, my sunroof, my painted engine cover and CAI.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fugeelama
Where's the Kenstyle grille??? So you didn't get the whole kit, just the sideskirts and front lip?
From what I have seen with the actual kenstyle kit, it just includes the front and back lip and sides.
The spoiler and grill are add on options. Which is just fine with me if i decide to go with that cause I like the grill i bought better then the kenstyle one
Old 03-23-2006, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want to order a kenstyle bodykit, Can anyone tell me a website where I can order the kenstyle kit that is good, reliable, no damage, and on time.

I was going to order from Bulletproof Automotive, but I didn't hear good things about them.

Any help would be appreciated.

On the Kenstyle International website, they have two Authorized Agency in CA. Has anyone ordered from them and/or know if they are reliable?

Quick Reply: Anyone got pics of Kenstyle xA in black?