Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

[url]www.carsponsors.com??[/url] are they rip off artists??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default www.carsponsors.com?? are they rip off artists??

I recently applied and joined http://www.carsponsors.com/index.php and in all the forms I saw no Fee for membership. In fact it says clearly no fee or monthly on the form. But they used my card and like $1 verification thing.

I was approved for a few quasi sponsorships and I saw on my bank statement they charged me $89 bucks!! I contacted them and they said I did not sign up for a free membership! What a load of c&^p!!

There might have been some fine print some where but when I went over it again making a new account I saw nothing. I also told them to cancel my account immediately or I would report them to my bank and EVERY Car site/ forum I belonged to.

Am I going overboard? Did I miss something that they say CLEARLY that they charge this price if I accept a quasi sponsorship??

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
James
Old 12-27-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats how they make money. All they are is a Wholesale dealer. SO they charge you 89.00 bucks and sell you parts at wholesale. You would be better off reporting them and getting your money back. Also check the BBB for reports on them. There is a lot.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, damn it!! BUT! there is nothing on the site that says $89!! Wow!

Thanks for the input!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i hate to say it but there is notice (before you give them your credit card info) that you will be charged an $89 intro fee...gotta look close bud...
Old 12-27-2006, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh well if you used VISA you can always dispute the charge. Just tell them the product/service wasn't as described.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I remember seeing was they needed my credit card info for verification of my age and there would be a $1 hold! Look at this page! https://www.carsponsors.com/applicat...gistration.php

Says! Get your FREE Sponsorship Portfolio

Look I understand "fine print" but in my eyes they conned me out of my $90 period.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They did and your CC company will see that. Remember in the late 90's when Girls Gone Wild did the 2 DVD's for 9.99 and then kept sending DVDS at 19.99 a piece? They got busted for doing that and so will these sponsorship sites thats promise free things and then charge you in a round about way.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BOXMAN
They did and your CC company will see that. Remember in the late 90's when Girls Gone Wild did the 2 DVD's for 9.99 and then kept sending DVDS at 19.99 a piece? They got busted for doing that and so will these sponsorship sites thats promise free things and then charge you in a round about way.
I remember GGwild but never ordered it, heh
Old 12-27-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did I wont lie I was a 17 year old kid with no XXX book stores around whats a guy to do? LOL
Old 12-27-2006, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hehe LOL!!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member

i know when my friend did it there's a certain contract and you have to commit to a certain amount of car shows for the year.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a few different things you click on to agree to depending on the sponsorship. Only small requirements for a quasi sponsorship.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah they wanted a friend of mine to sign up and he was trying to recruit some of us. his mom made sure of the finance isssues and they decided not to call back and do charge for stuff its not a very good deal if you ask me. i find it better that i just work and mod my car if i want a sponsor its better for me to contact the company and not some middle man.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dexter_5000
yeah they wanted a friend of mine to sign up and he was trying to recruit some of us. his mom made sure of the finance issues and they decided not to call back and do charge for stuff its not a very good deal if you ask me. i find it better that i just work and mod my car if i want a sponsor its better for me to contact the company and not some middle man.
Heh, Moms do at times know best My gut told me to ask this forum before I signed up with them but I did not follow my instincts. Too bad for me.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no his mom used to do some serious racing as did his dad. so she knows her ____ when it comes to paperwork and fine print bull____.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW LOL!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh, there response to me thus far has been typically uncooperative and very "clever. But they underestimate what I am willing to do to get my $89 bucks back.

Funny how there is such a fine line between legally stealing from someone and a federal offence like credit card theft.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can always get VISA to refund your money. The nice part is once Visa gives you back your money it becomes a battle for VISA, trust me VISA will get their money. LOL
Old 12-28-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My friend, sorry to say to you and everybody. You must do your Homework before applying to these sites. These Sponsorship sites are not simple nor 100% legit. Ask everybody who received a legit partial sponsorship or full sponsorship. We never paid an up front fee. As a Scionlife member, you should have asked this question on how we did it. Good Luck on your refund.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JIMXB
My friend, sorry to say to you and everybody. You must do your Homework before applying to these sites. These Sponsorship sites are not simple nor 100% legit. Ask everybody who received a legit partial sponsorship or full sponsorship. We never paid an up front fee. As a Scionlife member, you should have asked this question on how we did it. Good Luck on your refund.
No need to be sorry, it's a "live and learn" situation. Just got really ____ed since it was christmas and I used to design web sites for a living so I thought I chould have known better.

Quick Reply: [url]www.carsponsors.com??[/url] are they rip off artists??