Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Got my xA!!! I love the thing!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member

Default Got my xA!!! I love the thing!

I finally got my xA after lurking in the forums after I saw it the first time.

First time I saw it was when I was taking in my Toyota Avalon XLS in for an oil change. I was just walking around the lot when I saw the xAs parked next to the Matrix's.... They caught my attention and I couldn't get my mind off of them so I jammed over to pick up my girllfriend from work just to tell her about the cool little car I just saw. So we came back and she totally fell in love too. I was determined to get one..... sold my Avalon XLS for down payment money, and pretty much did all the research and reviews that I could visiting sites like this one.

I want to thank you guys for helping me in my decision even though you may not know it. I've had it for a weekend, and I pretty much find any excuse I can to drive because its just so damn fun compared to driving my Avalon. I know it's not quite as luxurious but who cares! I LOVE IT TO DEATH! I come from Fresno, and I have never seen another xA on the road (a few xBs).... so I get looks from people and compliments on my funny little car.

But I am now a member of the club! Proud to join the ranks!

OWNER OF A PHANTOM GRAY PEARL XA
Old 11-12-2003, 05:20 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

That's how I was when I first got my car. I just drove all over the place, going around the same block just enjoying my ride. On the way home from the pickup, a girl stopped me at a light to ask about the car. That has been my inspiration this entire time. Even though it's been 3 months, yesterday someone stopped me at the market to ask questions and look inside. People just can't get enough of all this.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member

Congrats on your new acquisition and best wishes for many miles of automotive delight.

P.S. I hope to join the ranks soon myself (in an xA as well).
Old 11-12-2003, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah I still get daily questions, showed a woman the interior not a week ago as she was really interested.. welcome to the club, but too bad you didn't catch me driving my xA around Fresno back in late July or early August, I would go over there to see my g/f when she stayed at her brother's over on Herndon... would have given you the "tour"
Old 11-12-2003, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2fixA
yeah I still get daily questions, showed a woman the interior not a week ago as she was really interested.. welcome to the club, but too bad you didn't catch me driving my xA around Fresno back in late July or early August, I would go over there to see my g/f when she stayed at her brother's over on Herndon... would have given you the "tour"
Haha thanks! Yeah I'm actually right down the street from Herndon ave. We Fresno peepz don't see much Scion action.... which for the time being is a good thing! Makes me feel original. LOL
Old 11-13-2003, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

:D Congrats from the Merced folk. We have a blue onyx xB and a black cherry xA. Hope to meet ya sometime. See Ya, Louie
Old 11-13-2003, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

congrats on the car i love mine also.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by LoqT
We Fresno peepz don't see much Scion action.... which for the time being is a good thing! Makes me feel original. LOL
Think you get the stiff? Every person I have shown a xA picture too has said either

a) your buying a Civic Si?
b)ew a Suzuki?!?
c)Is that a R/C car?
d)WTF?

Hopefully I can shine a little light on the situation come Feburary...
Old 11-13-2003, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

congrats. I was gonna get a xA as well, until the fabulous connection i had backed out..