Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

rain leak/LEMON

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member

Default rain leak/LEMON

My 2006 Scion xA continues to leak on the driver's side when it rains heavily. If the car is on a slight (5 degree) slope towards the street gutter, water pours in at the base of the door.

I've had it with the dealer (Toyota of Berkeley, CA) and Scion corporate offices of northern CA. I've complained & taken the vehicle in, ostensibly to be repaired, numerous times. Last time was in November & the dealer claims to have made the necessary repairs. It's been a dry winter up until this weekend. Once again the floor is sopping wet.

I'm sick of being jerked around by Scion & the dealer. I'm truly sorry I bought this LEMON. So, buyers & current Scion owners BEWARE. Hope you never have to go through this crap.

Tinkuy
P.S. Thanks to tuvanhillbilly (if you're still out there) for your advice. The dealer/lemon purveyor didn't specify exactly which repairs were made back in Nov., aside from replacing the seals.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Some cars have problems. . . you build millions of 'em. . . sometimes things happen.

The problem isn't the cars. Inevitably, the best quality control in the world will still let a few mad apples (or lemons) slip. The problem is the dealer network. Toyota dealers suck. Period. I get the worst customer service from Toyota. . . I could stick my head into a dirty toilet and get better customer service from the floating chunks.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:18 AM

I agree with toyota's customer service. they are horrible!!
Old 03-11-2007, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so does the lemon law apply here? let us know what happens

my local dealer once dropped a car off their lift.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

you should look at the seal for the door, make sure its attached to the door, ive had times where it has came off.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member

Default Lemon xA update

Toyota finally agreed, after jerking me around for 11 months, that my 2006 xA is a LEMON.

Toyota offered to buy back the car on the same day I went to a Lemon Law lawyer to file suit. Strange coincidence.

I don't recommend going the arbitration route via NCDS (National Center for Dispute Settlement). This outfit is financed by the auto manufacturers & thus is biased in the auto makers' favor. The "arbitrator" came to this decision: my request to have the vehicle either repaired or placed was denied because he determined that the value, use, and safety of the vehicle were not affected by the rain leak. What a crock.

As for the seals, the dealer attempted to diagnose & repair the car about 8 times. The door & window seals were replaced 3 times. Toyota & the dealer claimed, at first, that they could not duplicate the leak. Finally they realized it leaked on a slight slope & replaced the seals 2 more times. The car continued to leak during this winter's rains. What a joke.

Get this: once surrenderd, the vehicle will be resold at auction as "branded". Toyota is supposed to divulge why they had to repurchase the vehicle. What do you want to bet some unsuspecting type in Phoenix will end up with this leaking LEMON?

I'm disgusted by this whole ordeal and everyone I've had to deal with.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:34 PM

bump
Old 03-11-2007, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've only had really good experiances with the toyota dealership, but then again i'm sure anyone in Fayetteville would agree